Week 14 - Rams vs Patriots - TNF

RamRod

Rams are -6.5 favorites at home. I feel fairly confident that we can contain Cam Newton and the focus will be on stopping Damien Harris and limiting any splash plays on ST.

Belicheck had a good recipe for McVay's offense in the SuperBowl, but let's see if we go more 12 personnel to counter that.

I'm interested to see if Akers get's the start and see's a bulk of the carries for a change. He's starting to pop and McVay admittedly likes to ride the hot hand. Also, with no clear cut #1 option at WR, it would be interesting to see if Staley moves Ramsey around the field more in a blitzing or center fielder capacity allowing him to cheat a little. 

Rams win 24-10

• Like 1

Maybe it's naive but the only 2 ways I see the Rams losing is turnovers or McVays ego. This is similar to the Dolphins game. Relying on the Rams defense and running the ball is the recipe. Having Goff throw heavy against the Pats biggest strength is not smart considering they are also not a great run defense. 

Im cautiously optimistic about this game. I agree the only way the Rams lose is turnovers and McVay ego. 

I have the Rams winning 24-13. The Pats cant score unless its three ways. Running the ball (Rams are top 3 run defense), defense, and special teams. If the Rams dont allow a defensive and/or special teams td and Ill say dont have multiple turnovers. I can live with one turnover but not multiple turnovers. If the Rams dont give up a non-offensive td and turn the ball over multiple times the Rams should win no problem. 

The Pats will not beat the Rams with Cam throwing for less than 100yds. The key to this game is Kupp. The last time the Rams played the Pats in the Superbowl they didnt have Kupp. Just imagine if Brady in the Superbowl didnt have Edelman. You know the guy who won Superbowl MVP because he was carving up the Rams defense from the slot. So I think Kupp will be key. Also Akers should continue to be the back. The Pats are below average at stopping the run. The Cards was the perfect example of why you shouldnt give up on the run. They were barely averaging 2ypc in the 1st half. In the 2nd half they were averaging 4ypc and started gashing the Cards. So McVay have to realize if there is little to no success on the ground early, keep running because the defense will wear down in the 2nd half and thats when the backs start to break big runs. I think McVay did get humbled in the Superbowl by Belichick and I dont think he will allow himself to get humbled again. Rams will win and improve to (9-4) because they know the Seahawks got the Jets this week and thats a win for them to also get to (9-4). 

Edited by stl4life07

Mcvays revenge game. On paper we should lose this game. Tough defense. Crappy offensive team. We usually get destroyed by teams we should beat on paper. I see too many similarities between NE and SF. I hope we win. But as a better I’m staying the hell away. 

Goff sucks against teams with really good corners who play man to man. Woods and Kupp struggle vs man to man coverage and won’t allow Goff time to find the open man. We should take deep shots but the oline. Idk. Our Defense should feast! But I could see a trash RB alike Burks have 3 TDs. 

9 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Mcvays revenge game. On paper we should lose this game. Tough defense. Crappy offensive team. We usually get destroyed by teams we should beat on paper. I see too many similarities between NE and SF. I hope we win. But as a better I’m staying the hell away. 

Goff sucks against teams with really good corners who play man to man. Woods and Kupp struggle vs man to man coverage and won’t allow Goff time to find the open man. We should take deep shots but the oline. Idk. Our Defense should feast! But I could see a trash RB alike Burks have 3 TDs. 

Use Van more, then. He's better against M2M than Reynolds.

7 hours ago, Starless said:

20-13 Rams. The talent discrepancy is enough to overcome another Goff meltdown against a Belichick defense.

Goff won't have a chance to meltdown. We're going to go old school and bring the Wildcat back. Get ready for Cam Akers and Cooper Kupp at QB and 60 rushes. Boom.

200.gif

• Like 2

While on paper we should win this game, it definitely has me nervous—much like several other posters here. McVay is a great coach who thrives against most opponents, but it seems as if the coaches who have stonewalled him/us in the past, do so on a consistent basis. Niners being a prime example and then of course Belichick’s defense with the Super Bowl and then against the Dolphins this year with Flores being from Bill’s coaching tree. With that said, this is NOT the same Patriots team that we played against in the Super Bowl. For that matter, it’s not even the same defense. I really think if we stick to some efficient running, that we’ll be okay. If we abandon it too early and make Goff throw it 50 times, then we’re screwed. Our defense should be able to contain their offense with relatively little problem. 

• Like 1

The only thing that gives me hope as a NE fan is that we've done well against good teams, and played extremely poor against not so good teams. Rams obvs a good team.

I trust McVay to have an answer to what happened in SB. In any case, we don't have anywhere near the front 7 talent that we did in the SB, so it might not matter. Secondary is still good, and they're getting better each week - they rarely give up TDs. Only Watson really has carved them up so far. (I'm discounting the 49ers aberration). We won't pass against the best passing D in the league, we'll HAVE to run and so far our OL have found success with most teams they play, but how long can we face stacked boxes. Probably get a couple TDs on the floor, but we'll need more.

LA - 27

NE - 20

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1