Thank You Jimmy Haslam

DaWg_LB.

This may be a little premature......but for as much as we have gotten down on our owner.....IN the Good Times we gotta give him some props. He came from being a Minority owner of the steelers, making his money selling diesel fuel and egg sandwiches to purchase the Browns. And while admitting he didnt know everything, BUT he has kept to trying EVERYTHING within his power to get us on the right track. He went from a Big talker attempting to be involved in the day to day football operations......to ALMOST going to Prison......he tried every combination known to Mankind since 2012....but he has NEVER STOPPED trying (Upgraded Stadium, Brand new practice facilities, Upgrading football facilities and equipment for Cleveland Highschools) he has NEVER been shy about spending money. He finally go it right, fading into the background and becoming more quiet than Robert "Rub & Tug" Kraft...... empowering a young duo from Different and Diverse backgrounds (The Haslems won the Tank Younger award from the Fritz Pollard Alliance for having built one of the most diverse front offices in all of sports) to meld together to finally give us something that none of us has had since College( @cattleman78 and @sonny44 might be go back a little further than myself lol) and that is a Winning Browns team, that FINALLY looks like its set up for sustained success.....its a new day and age Brothers.....FINALLY.....finally we get it right.

BIG PROPS and BIG SHOUT OUT to our Fearless Owner....."Good Ole' "Truckstop Jimmy"

xtubg59j1frvk8kyxvub.jpg 

P.S.: and I would be remiss if I did not include a shout out to Mrs. TruckStop (aka Dee Haslam) also....who left a VERY Powerful and Lucrative TV executive position to work with her husband to help Fix our Beloved Browns......We see you Sue...do the Damn'thang Woman!!!!

As a long time and LONG SUFFERING Browns fan, I would like to say thank you from the Bottom of the Ole'Ticker....

• Like 3

I’ve thought about where will the new stadium go? It’s in a good location now by the R&R HOF and Science Museum. So if and when we rip this stadium down do we move the games to Columbus for a year or do we move the location over by the Q and The Jake (that’s the name I use)? 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s crazy that we’re talking about a new stadium.  Eff that and I don’t even pay the local taxes.  Those damn things should last a lifetime, not a generation.

That's why I prefaced it with "I wonder if Jimmy will pony up the dough" ;)

Taxpayer funded stadiums in general are a scam in which billionaires hold hard working tax paying citizens hostage with a lease and the veiled threat (and sometimes true threat) of moving a franchise.

As much as I loathe Jerruh, he did it right in Dallas.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s crazy that we’re talking about a new stadium.  Eff that and I don’t even pay the local taxes.  Those damn things should last a lifetime, not a generation.

Well if you want a dome a new stadium will be needed. 

If you want it to look like a spaceship landed like Soldier Field then you can revamp it. But they did play games in Champagne for a year. 

1 minute ago, JDD said:

Well if you want a dome a new stadium will be needed. 

They should have done it last time, that ship has sailed if it’s public money Imo.

1 minute ago, JDD said:

If you want it to look like a spaceship landed like Soldier Field then you can revamp it. But they did play games in Champagne for a year. 

It’s a 96 year old stadium too.  Ours is like 20ish.  

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's why I prefaced it with "I wonder if Jimmy will pony up the dough" ;)

Taxpayer funded stadiums in general are a scam in which billionaires hold hard working tax paying citizens hostage with a lease and the veiled threat (and sometimes true threat) of moving a franchise.

As much as I loathe Jerruh, he did it right in Dallas.

Yeah man, if you can afford a billion dollar toy you can afford to pay for the field.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They should have done it last time, that ship has sailed if it’s public money Imo.

I know that they explored adding a retractable roof to the existing stadium, but the lease also runs through 2029. IMO, this is unlikely to change at all until then, if even then.

I vote NO on a domed/retractable roof stadium. This is Cleveland football! The other team has to play in the elements, same as we do, and if we embrace it, we have the advantage. Plus, if we actually keep a kicker around long enough again like we did with Phil Dawson, they can figure out the winds in the stadium and have a big advantage over the opponent's kickers.

Oh, and as to Haslam getting credit and a shiny bronze statue on the lake, he's got to prove himself to be a good (and winning) owner over a number of years before he merits laurels and washes away all of the harm his meddling, haplessness, lack of strategy, and quick trigger has done to this team. Looks like he finally got it right with AB and KS, but I for one won't underestimate his ability to mess up a good thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I vote NO on a domed/retractable roof stadium. This is Cleveland football! The other team has to play in the elements, same as we do, and if we embrace it, we have the advantage. Plus, if we actually keep a kicker around long enough again like we did with Phil Dawson, they can figure out the winds in the stadium and have a big advantage over the opponent's kickers.

Oh, and as to Haslam getting credit and a shiny bronze statue on the lake, he's got to prove himself to be a good (and winning) owner over a number of years before he merits laurels and washes away all of the harm his meddling, haplessness, lack of strategy, and quick trigger has done to this team. Looks like he finally got it right with AB and KS, but I for one won't underestimate his ability to mess up a good thing.

I’m all for a dome just because the venue becomes exponentially more valuable to the city as a revenue stream.

• Like 1