Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

Wow so use to starting this thread by October early Nov. But i’ll leave a couple draft prospects I’d love to see in a Bucs uniform. 

Jaylen Mayfield OT Michigan

Walker Little OT Stanford

Ronnie Parkins DE Oklahoma

Samuel Cosmi OT Texas

Would love to grab a DL but man this is such a loaded OL class. Lot of good tackle prospects. We’d be crazy to not consider grabbing one. With Suh likely out you gotta imagine we draft a big body. David, Barrett, and Godwin are FA’s. I would imagine cuts will be made to keep them 3.

Tackle, DT, OLB would be my first three choices next year. 

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1

I m not anti-Brady, but they need to draft a QB, preferably before day 3.  Sorry, not believing that Rosen is a legit candidate to be a long term answer.  If he was such a great prospect, they certainly would sign him to the active roster and cut Griifen.  IIRC, if Rosen ends the yr on the PS, he can sign anywhere.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m not anti-Brady, but they need to draft a QB, preferably before day 3.  Sorry, not believing that Rosen is a legit candidate to be a long term answer.  If he was such a great prospect, they certainly would sign him to the active roster and cut Griifen.  IIRC, if Rosen ends the yr on the PS, he can sign anywhere.

I want a QB now as well. Don't care if we take one in the first.

Brady says he wants another contract. And he may deserve one. But we've only got him one more year for sure.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Brady says he wants another contract. And he may deserve one. But we've only got him one more year for sure.

That is correct, no franchise tag can be used.  The only other possible option is getting a young QB like a Darnold or Haskins to sign after they get cut (which is an assumption).  

It would be ballsy to go QB in the 1st rd.  Would like to see it, but pretty apparent BA s long term planning probably ends at the end of next season.  

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I remember Arians saying he was going to pull the trigger this year. Who are the mid round guys? I def want someone who can move and improvise. ill take a qb round 2-3 range if the cards align

1 hour ago, indifference said:

I remember Arians saying he was going to pull the trigger this year. Who are the mid round guys? I def want someone who can move and improvise. ill take a qb round 2-3 range if the cards align

Not sure what to make of the evaluation between guys who played this yr and others who didnt.  Trey Lance from NDSU played 1 game this season.  Jamie Newman didn t play at all, but has a bunch od tools.  Desmond Ridder from Cincy is another tools guy.  Zach Wilson is having a rise from middling prospect to 1st rd.

My issue is why let a HC be involved in drafting a QB  who has almost no shot of being around for that draft pick to get his second contract?  Unless it is understood Bowles or Leftwich are guaranteed the next HC.  As we know, those guys have been drilled all 4 timez by your biggest rival in the division.

I think I'd want a first round QB or none in the draft. I really wonder what the Packers would want for Love. 

Maybe we can find a good LT free agent to avoid having to take one early in the draft. 

I want D-line this draft. Needs to happen. 

19 hours ago, ravishingone said:

That is correct, no franchise tag can be used.  The only other possible option is getting a young QB like a Darnold or Haskins to sign after they get cut (which is an assumption).  

It would be ballsy to go QB in the 1st rd.  Would like to see it, but pretty apparent BA s long term planning probably ends at the end of next season.  

We already have a reclamation project in our system (Josh Rosen) we could look to sign/rebuild if this is the approach we want to take. No need to take on multiple damaged goods in Haskins or Darnold...

I agree, I just don't see BA or TB signing off on a QB in round 1, and I'm pretty confident they both have more pull together than Licht for round 1. We definitely should be looking at day 2 though...

JPP signed a 2 year deal with us, so he won't be a FA next year, but obviously I think we need to resign Shaq as well. We need to get a LT in the draft or RT (if we more Wirfs to LT) We have the luxury of cutting Smith without getting hit big. 

We a lot of good FA that we have to resign, so the offseason should be good. Let's focus on this Vikings game, because that game is one of the biggest games for us in recent years. 

37 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We already have a reclamation project in our system (Josh Rosen) we could look to sign/rebuild if this is the approach we want to take. No need to take on multiple damaged goods in Haskins or Darnold...

I agree, I just don't see BA or TB signing off on a QB in round 1, and I'm pretty confident they both have more pull together than Licht for round 1. We definitely should be looking at day 2 though...

I really think fans are a lot higher on Rosen then the NFL.  We were told he had offers to get on an active roster, but chose the Bucs PS to learn.  Clyde Christensen interviewed earlier in the season said basically they really had no time to develop Rosen.  Really?  The largest coaching staff in the league, no time.  🤔  The staff has more value in not losing Ryan Griffen then Rosen.  Take away Rosen s draft status and he is at the same level as a UDFA QB on any PS in the league.  An extreme long shot.

For me, there are really only 2 scenerios  because after next season the team has zero control to keep their starting.  Get a reclamation project and actually treat him like one.  He has to at the very least be on the active roster.  I don t understand the merits of Gabbert as a backup, but what do I know.   Or invest in QB before day 3.  

The QB Whisperer should be able to identify, draft, and develop a QB.  Especially considering the unique circumstances of the current QB depth chart.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

0% shot we go for a QB in the first round. Arians is 67-68 years old he is not worried about the future. Unless we somehow manage to win the super bowl and pick 32, i dont think r1 qb is in the cards. Guy is trying win before he retires. Gotta imagine we draft 2 guys that can help now. I’d bet good money we’re getting OL/DL help.

Knowing Licht though I would not rule out a CB in the first round 😂

Plenty of good QBs in the 1st, 

Field, Trevor and Lance will defo be gone by the time we pick

Wilson, Trask, Mac Jones would all be good picks, Jones and Trask i like more than Wilson tbh.

Purdy would also be a good 2 or 3rd round pick 

Edited by djw4bucs

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I really think fans are a lot higher on Rosen then the NFL.  We were told he had offers to get on an active roster, but chose the Bucs PS to learn.  Clyde Christensen interviewed earlier in the season said basically they really had no time to develop Rosen.  Really?  The largest coaching staff in the league, no time.  🤔  The staff has more value in not losing Ryan Griffen then Rosen.  Take away Rosen s draft status and he is at the same level as a UDFA QB on any PS in the league.  An extreme long shot.

For me, there are really only 2 scenerios  because after next season the team has zero control to keep their starting.  Get a reclamation project and actually treat him like one.  He has to at the very least be on the active roster.  I don t understand the merits of Gabbert as a backup, but what do I know.   Or invest in QB before day 3.  

The QB Whisperer should be able to identify, draft, and develop a QB.  Especially considering the unique circumstances of the current QB depth chart.

TBH, I'm not high on any of these three. They all have significant flaws and have been battered around early in their careers. Very rarely do you see these types prevail after that...

I'm of the opinion we draft, sit and develop a day 2 QB behind Brady next year...

55 minutes ago, indifference said:

0% shot we go for a QB in the first round. Arians is 67-68 years old he is not worried about the future. Unless we somehow manage to win the super bowl and pick 32, i dont think r1 qb is in the cards. Guy is trying win before he retires. Gotta imagine we draft 2 guys that can help now. I’d bet good money we’re getting OL/DL help.

Knowing Licht though I would not rule out a CB in the first round 😂

Right, I just don't see a QB round 1 in the cards for us this offseason given where BA and TB are at in their careers. I think it's more feasible in round 2 or 3 though...