Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

Mark it down right now, the Bucs will not draft another OT in the first rd.  No shot.

Here s the solution.  They will cut D Smith.  We all know the cap hit.  They will sign in FA Trent Brown to a 1 yr prove it deal.  Brown is owed no guaranteed money after this yr and has been injury prone.  His cap hit would be 14 million for next season if the Raiders don t cut him.  He s not getting 14 million per yr on the open mkt.  The @indifference tackle plan is finally implemented.  😀

This season has shown how important Vea has been.  Not getting push up the middle has really hurt the pass rush.  Suh is a warrior, but he needs to be a rotation guy.  Hopefully, Davis can develop into a rotation guy.  I think Dline or OLB is the priority outside long term solution at QB.  I want a QB in the 1st rd, but know it will not happen.

tenor.gif

21 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Mark it down right now, the Bucs will not draft another OT in the first rd.  No shot.

Here s the solution.  They will cut D Smith.  We all know the cap hit.  They will sign in FA Trent Brown to a 1 yr prove it deal.  Brown is owed no guaranteed money after this yr and has been injury prone.  His cap hit would be 14 million for next season if the Raiders don t cut him.  He s not getting 14 million per yr on the open mkt.  The @indifference tackle plan is finally implemented.  😀

This season has shown how important Vea has been.  Not getting push up the middle has really hurt the pass rush.  Suh is a warrior, but he needs to be a rotation guy.  Hopefully, Davis can develop into a rotation guy.  I think Dline or OLB is the priority outside long term solution at QB.  I want a QB in the 1st rd, but know it will not happen.

tenor.gif

I'm fine with that, as long as the plan is to flip Wirfs to LT and have Brown be the RT...

Better have a good swing tackle too...

25 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm fine with that, as long as the plan is to flip Wirfs to LT and have Brown be the RT...

Better have a good swing tackle too...

Yup, they still need to draft an OT in the draft.  I m just not convinced drafting one in the 20s would be the best approach.  I have a feeling there may be some real value with dline on the board because there should be a good run on QB, WR, OT already.  

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Definitely not, but him being on the PS all year and learning the system and guys could be an endorsement for him as the back-up next year... 

Pretty sure, guys on the PS at the end of the yr are FAs.  Now, most of them sign futures contracts in the offseason.  

I never understood keeping Griffen over Rosen before week 1.  Next yr, I have no interest to keep 3 QBs on the 53 man roster.  I think it is safe to write at this moment Rosen is viewed as camp meat by this coaching staff.

My concern is BA drafts a QB in day 3 to battle it out with Rosen for Brady s back up.   Let s face it, BA will stick around only as long as Brady stays.  Once Brady gone, BA walks away.  So all this QB coaching expertise will be utilized on QBs who are real long shots to develop into a viable starting QB.

#ItsABucsLife

On 12/9/2020 at 10:15 AM, ravishingone said:

tenor.gif

Trent Brown > Smith so I approve.

DL needs fresh legs. Suh at this stage of his career should be a rotational player. We dont have any type of pass rush wins in the middle unless its a blitz. Would love to draft the DT from Pitt. He can get after it with his quickness. Also not opposed drafting USC’s top DT. Allows us to move Vea around as he can play the NT too.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

If they draft interior oline, it is to replace Jensen.  The guard positions look solidified for awhile.  

Right on. Jansen is good but not at the price we are paying him. If he wants to stay here Licht needs to get his contract reconstructed for a paycut. Cappa is by no means a good player yet but for what he is paid for is excellent value.

8 minutes ago, indifference said:

Right on. Jansen is good but not at the price we are paying him. If he wants to stay here Licht needs to get his contract reconstructed for a paycut. Cappa is by no means a good player yet but for what he is paid for is excellent value.

The last center they drafted and played for them was Zuttah.  He played tackle in college.

Jensen will be in the last yr of a 4 yr deal.  He ll be 30 next season.  They may extend him an extra giving him guaranteed money and lowering his cap hit to around 7 million.

Smith has no shot at an extension.  If they get that kind of cap savings, they can give that money to Succop.  He can probably get around 2-3 million in FA.  Luckily, FL income tax laws can be very helpful in a negotiation.  

• Like 1