Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The last center they drafted and played for them was Zuttah.  He played tackle in college.

Jensen will be in the last yr of a 4 yr deal.  He ll be 30 next season.  They may extend him an extra giving him guaranteed money and lowering his cap hit to around 7 million.

Smith has no shot at an extension.  If they get that kind of cap savings, they can give that money to Succop.  He can probably get around 2-3 million in FA.  Luckily, FL income tax laws can be very helpful in a negotiation.  

Licht/Arians have not exactly came eye to eye with in the draft sense but I fully expect them to get it right like they did in free agency. Draft purposes its anybodys guess how they decide to move. 

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Some very early mock drafts have him as a mid to late 1st rd pick.  I wouldn t mind them going front 7 in the first rd.

he’s a baller. doubt he makes it to us bit if he there we take him. JPP not getting any younger and he’s a FA after 2021 anyway. Barrett is here long term though.

OLB r1 then i’d look at DT r2 then follow up with BPA at OL. Trenches need to be added in the draft our depth has been exposed with key starters out. 

So here s a list of the QB prospects.  We can pretty much write off any attempt to get any of the first 4 QBs. 

After them, who do you like?   For me, it s Jaime Newman.  He is going to need time to develop.  I like the idea of a QB having mobility, but not a running QB.  I also like Brock Purdy, but I don t think his size and lack of arm strength will make him anything more then a back up.

Wanted to do "thedraftnetwork" draft. I know we will be in a playoff push, but doesn't hurt to see what I could land

22. Jay Tufele, IDL, USC
54. Hamilcar Rashed Jr. EDGE, Oregon St.
85. Walker Little, OT, Stanford
123. Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis (really like him)
162. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
212. Big Kay Bryant, EDGE, Auburn
243. Ben Brown, IOL, Ole Miss
251. Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston 

I know a little early, but always fun to do. Plus I don't think we have this many pick this year, so tell me if we do.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I know zip about Aiden Hutchison.  However, Bowles with the Jets did invest premium picks on dline over OLB, so this pick could make sense.

I have seen 0 film on this guy but if he’s an excellent run defender he is already a Bowles type lineman. Our biggest issue is the consistency with the pass rush from the interior. Suh has dominated against the lessor teams but he aint getting home vs the good ones. (Chiefs game he played well)

Need better interior push. Guy has 13 starts in his career and doesnt strike me as a pass rush DL guy. The DT from PITT is who we need to go after. Pairing him up with Vea would let Bowles rush 4 and play whatever behind it.

45 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I know zip about Aiden Hutchison.  However, Bowles with the Jets did invest premium picks on dline over OLB, so this pick could make sense.

If Trask is there in the 2nd round we couldn't pass on that opportunity, I think he goes in the 1st though. 

Edited by xlfrosti
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

If Trask is there in the 2nd round we couldn't pass on that opportunity, I think he goes in the 1st though. 

I haven t watched a lot of college football this season.  Everything I have read suggests Trask will be dinged for lack of mobility.

So my question is over the last 5 yrs how many QBs drafted have been described as immobile and drafted in the first rd?  Josh Rosen and anybody else?

Don t get me wrong, I would gladly take Trask in the second rd.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 12:31 PM, xlfrosti said:

I'm passing on Trask all day buddy round 1 2 or 3. He's a statue in the pocket and has a tendency to stare down reads often. Honestly he's not much better than Jacob Eason in my eyes. 

Outside of Lawrence, I think only Trey Lance and Justin Fields are first round picks. Fields has been somewhat disappointing. He holds the ball way to long for me but his upside is tremendous. You see he's a baller whos a dual threat. He's a poor man's russell wilson in my opinion. 

Lance is under the radar due to playing at SD State. Another typical dual threat but he's got excellent skills and mechanics. Quick release and quick decision making along with a live arm and a run threat. He won;t be ready to start Day 1 but some team will get a long term franchise QB. 

I think Mac Jones might go round 1 but I don't think he's a talented first round pick. Smart guy and will outwork the room but how much of his success due to the players around him? He's not as talented as Tua. I liken him to Andy Dalton. Not a horrible comparison but a guy who can start on a good team and be an average to above average starter most of his career. 

Zach Wilson is someone I'm high on and yes, the competition scares me to take him that high. But as I watch the player - I see a smart QB who makes good reads, good arm, and is athletic. He needs some time to clean up the foot work on a consistent basis but he dominated the competition he played and its not like he played with NFL players. But how high would I take him? Not sure. 

If I'm the Bucs, I first have to see who I'm able to keep in Free Agency. The cap is going decrease which will make this offseason even more challenging. Tom Brady is all in for 2020 and 2021. Do we draft a QB in round 1? Well that depends - is Donovan Smith coming back? I know, stupid question bc he's inconsistent and Wirfs may be able to transition to the Left Side. But Brady may want continuity on the OL for atleast another year. 

But then bodes the question: how do we keep Godwin, Barrett, David, Suh, and Gronkowski? I think Gronk will take a discount to play with Brady one more year. He'll only play with TB12. 

David is going to want 10-12 million. he's an elite LB. He deserves it. Godwin was injured this year but you know he can easily get 15-17 mm on the market. 

You see guys with 7-10 sacks in 2 seasons get 15-17 million a year. Barrett can cash in easily, even on a season he's underperforming from 2019 but still playing well. 

It's easy to pick Jensen and Smith's salary and say cut bait 25 million but Brady is a veteran guy and all in move. He may not want 2 rookie OL to replace two vets. It's going to be a difficult offseason. 

Brate or Howard are probably gone and honestly they can get more in return for Howard due to youth. I honestly think the Bucs need to prepare to lose Lavonte David, Shaq Barrett or Chris Godwin this offseason - possibly 2 of those 3. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

5 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I'm passing on Trask all day buddy round 1 2 or 3. He's a statue in the pocket and has a tendency to stare down reads often. Honestly he's not much better than Jacob Eason in my eyes. 

Outside of Lawrence, I think only Trey Lance and Justin Fields are first round picks. Fields has been somewhat disappointing. He holds the ball way to long for me but his upside is tremendous. You see he's a baller whos a dual threat. He's a poor man's russell wilson in my opinion. 

Lance is under the radar due to playing at SD State. Another typical dual threat but he's got excellent skills and mechanics. Quick release and quick decision making along with a live arm and a run threat. He won;t be ready to start Day 1 but some team will get a long term franchise QB. 

I think Mac Jones might go round 1 but I don't think he's a talented first round pick. Smart guy and will outwork the room but how much of his success due to the players around him? He's not as talented as Tua. I liken him to Andy Dalton. Not a horrible comparison but a guy who can start on a good team and be an average to above average starter most of his career. 

Zach Wilson is someone I'm high on and yes, the competition scares me to take him that high. But as I watch the player - I see a smart QB who makes good reads, good arm, and is athletic. He needs some time to clean up the foot work on a consistent basis but he dominated the competition he played and its not like he played with NFL players. But how high would I take him? Not sure. 

If I'm the Bucs, I first have to see who I'm able to keep in Free Agency. The cap is going decrease which will make this offseason even more challenging. Tom Brady is all in for 2020 and 2021. Do we draft a QB in round 1? Well that depends - is Donovan Smith coming back? I know, stupid question bc he's inconsistent and Wirfs may be able to transition to the Left Side. But Brady may want continuity on the OL for atleast another year. 

But then bodes the question: how do we keep Godwin, Barrett, David, Suh, and Gronkowski? I think Gronk will take a discount to play with Brady one more year. He'll only play with TB12. 

David is going to want 10-12 million. he's an elite LB. He deserves it. Godwin was injured this year but you know he can easily get 15-17 mm on the market. 

You see guys with 7-10 sacks in 2 seasons get 15-17 million a year. Barrett can cash in easily, even on a season he's underperforming from 2019 but still playing well. 

It's easy to pick Jensen and Smith's salary and say cut bait 25 million but Brady is a veteran guy and all in move. He may not want 2 rookie OL to replace two vets. It's going to be a difficult offseason. 

Brate or Howard are probably gone and honestly they can get more in return for Howard due to youth. I honestly think the Bucs need to prepare to lose Lavonte David, Shaq Barrett or Chris Godwin this offseason - possibly 2 of those 3. 

I just wanted to say I want NO part of Justin Fields. I dunno about all the rest yet. 

Edited by Caaddy24

39 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Trey Sermon though... 👀

Etienne too

I like the BYU QB the most outside of Lawrence 

But we really need another OT or DLine  ...or CB before a RB 

Bingo. I cant see Bucs drafting qb round 1, gotta wait to see how FA plays out. Lavonte David may be gone if we cant shed contracts.