Jump to content

Prospects to keep an eye on..december edition


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I don t think Wilson is going to test well with speed, that s why I believe he drops out of the first rd.  Good job on the mock draft @bucsfan333

Word. He is very good and a game wrecker on his best day. Pair him up with Vea and our pass rush will be elite dont care who is outside rushing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, indifference said:

Did a mock fantasy machine draft R1 was absolutely tough. Ossai was gone and left with Creed Humphries (very good C prospect) Liam and the other LT prospect from Michigan. Went with Jay Tufele instead though. 

Round 2 Patrick Jones II was a no brainer over Jayson Oweh. My heart tells me the coaching staff Oweh will be the pick because he is the raw inexperienced prospect they love to take on (White and SMB)

 

Round 3 - Walker little was still there. This was a depth pick. i seriously almost took Creed Hump round 1 and would of sent Jansen packing. Little replaces Haeg as 6th man, can play G/T.

Then my second one went  iOL Alijah Vera Tucker, DT Marvin Wilson and Rashad Weaver OLB

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, indifference said:

Then my second one went  iOL Alijah Vera Tucker, DT Marvin Wilson and Rashad Weaver OLB

I do think there is a real good chance they trade out of the 1st rd if interior oline n secondary is the value on the board.

I know the old adage don t draft for need, but we all know that isn t an absolute rule.  Having a top 15 pick in the second and third rd, I could support.  It would suck to sit 3 plus hours on draft night and not get to open a present.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I do think there is a real good chance they trade out of the 1st rd if interior oline n secondary is the value on the board.

I know the old adage don t draft for need, but we all know that isn t an absolute rule.  Having a top 15 pick in the second and third rd, I could support.  It would suck to sit 3 plus hours on draft night and not get to open a present.  

You think so? I would be cool with that but we’ve seen the Saints invest picks early and redshirt guys and then save money the following year. Could remove Jansen and save money by doing that. Either way its a win win. Seeing as BA has maybe 2-3 years left though I can see them either trading up again to secure who they like Pass rusher wise.(ossai)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, indifference said:

You think so? I would be cool with that but we’ve seen the Saints invest picks early and redshirt guys and then save money the following year. Could remove Jansen and save money by doing that. Either way its a win win. Seeing as BA has maybe 2-3 years left though I can see them either trading up again to secure who they like Pass rusher wise.(ossai)

 

 

How much would the coaching staff really be interested in making major changes to the offense?  Long term drafting a center makes sense, but with another "all in" yr, not sure how Licht and Arians would feel?   It will be an interesting decision, I really don t have a strong opinion either way.  I do need to mention that 4 of the OL are Licht draft picks.  So an offense scoring over 30 pts, we do need to give the benefit of the doubt Licht would be making a good choice.

I believe when they evaluate the roster, the bigger hole will be identified at dline n OLB then orher positions.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I want Patrick Surtain to somehow fall to the Bucs. Loved watching his dad back in the day. Love players with great lineage and smart (worked pretty well for us with Winfield)...

Surtain is as close to a lockdown corner as there is. Teams dont even throw his way...

I havent watched much of him , but his dad was a beast back in the day 

Idk if he'd fall that far though but I'd run the card up.there If he did

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I want Patrick Surtain to somehow fall to the Bucs. Loved watching his dad back in the day. Love players with great lineage and smart (worked pretty well for us with Winfield)...

Surtain is as close to a lockdown corner as there is. Teams dont even throw his way...

Barring injury no chance that kid falls out the top 10-15. Elite size, with plus instincts and good game speed. Bucs could use him for sure but its a pipe dream. He and the kid from South Carolina are studs

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, indifference said:

Barring injury no chance that kid falls out the top 10-15. Elite size, with plus instincts and good game speed. Bucs could use him for sure but its a pipe dream. He and the kid from South Carolina are studs

Yep, it's definitely a pipedream as I eluded too, but one can always hope...

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Brady s contract ends next season

tenor.gif

way too early to tell, too speculative i dont buy it

besides, Brady is coming back next year, year 2 of him in this offense and we will be even more explosive

our team is decent with an average QB (as evidenced by the Jameis years)

beef up the lines, sign CG14, and find some corners and we will contend 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

way too early to tell, too speculative i dont buy it

besides, Brady is coming back next year, year 2 of him in this offense and we will be even more explosive

our team is decent with an average QB (as evidenced by the Jameis years)

beef up the lines, sign CG14, and find some corners and we will contend 

Huh?  Burrow was an oddity of going from a day 3 pick to first overall.  Of course, Brady is coming back next season.  So as long as he stays healthy, they will again be picking outside the top 10.

Of course, there is always free agency for QBs.  Let s hope to find the next great QB in the turd pool of next yr s crop of Josh Rosen and Dwayne Haskins.  

If your scouting staff cannot look ahead a yr and have a pretty good idea of what positions should be strong, they need to be fired.  

If the narrative is "We gave Brady next season, why would we draft a Qb?", they are damn fools.  

Are you a closet Blaine Gabbert fan?

tenor.gif

Now, that is the truth, isn t it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I see it. We wont have a legit shot at a QB at 25 anyway and the following year will be even later. And with Arians likely having 2-3 years left those picks are going to guys that can play now. Redskins, Bears, Jets, Jags, and maybe CAR will look for a QB round 1. 
 

Brady and Arians retires, this team will hoover around 5-11/6-10 records as evidenced when Fitzpatrick/Winston was our guy. I rather have a legit shot picking a top QB than selecting the 4th best qb prospect. Its all a crapshoot when it comes to picking the right guy, but I feel like the higher we pick the higher chance we land him. Go 1 year with life after Brady with a stop gap which leads top a 10 pick and 2023 we will be in play for a top 5 pick 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still of the idea we need to be looking at a QB to draft in the mid rounds (2nd-4th range) to develop. 

It's not an imperative 1st round need, especially if this team has SB aspirations again next year with TB12 bac, but ideally you'd like to have the succession plan in place and being developed when TB12 walks/retires. 

Too hard to project the 2022 class at this point, as there are always guys that come out of nowhere to become legit prospects.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...