Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

On 1/13/2021 at 1:19 PM, ravishingone said:

Huh?  Burrow was an oddity of going from a day 3 pick to first overall.  Of course, Brady is coming back next season.  So as long as he stays healthy, they will again be picking outside the top 10.

Of course, there is always free agency for QBs.  Let s hope to find the next great QB in the turd pool of next yr s crop of Josh Rosen and Dwayne Haskins.  

If your scouting staff cannot look ahead a yr and have a pretty good idea of what positions should be strong, they need to be fired.  

If the narrative is "We gave Brady next season, why would we draft a Qb?", they are damn fools.  

Are you a closet Blaine Gabbert fan?

tenor.gif

Now, that is the truth, isn t it?

Oddity? QB prospects jump multiple rounds every year with good play

i'm not saying not to look ahead a year , im just saying we dont have to draft a QB high in 2021 just because we think 2022 isnt going to have great QBs, that is such an over reach in scouting imo

yes we have Brady for next year so unless there is a QB that drops and has great value i wouldnt trade up for a QB or reach on one 

Gabbert isnt terrible, he's probably just as good as Jameis and could probably lead us to a 7-9 or 6-10 season, which is eh but our team is good enough to where we can draft other good players instead of reaching on QBs  high , at least next year 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Oddity? QB prospects jump multiple rounds every year with good play

i'm not saying not to look ahead a year , im just saying we dont have to draft a QB high in 2021 just because we think 2022 isnt going to have great QBs, that is such an over reach in scouting imo

yes we have Brady for next year so unless there is a QB that drops and has great value i wouldnt trade up for a QB or reach on one 

Gabbert isnt terrible, he's probably just as good as Jameis and could probably lead us to a 7-9 or 6-10 season, which is eh but our team is good enough to where we can draft other good players instead of reaching on QBs  high , at least next year 

Gabbert is terrible and the back up next season at least has to have a remote chance of being the future.  Gabbert could win 6 or 7 games- I do wonder if this view is shared by a majority of the fan base.

Drafing a QB during day 2 has little downside.  They have the largest coaching staff in the league.  Develop a prospect.  Maybe they get lucky and don t need to draft a QB prospect in '22.  

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Gabbert is terrible and the back up next season at least has to have a remote chance of being the future.  Gabbert could win 6 or 7 games- I do wonder if this view is shared by a majority of the fan base.

Drafing a QB during day 2 has little downside.  They have the largest coaching staff in the league.  Develop a prospect.  Maybe they get lucky and don t need to draft a QB prospect in '22.  

i agree, but who? I havent looked at enough QB prospects yet

the only guy i really like is Wilson 

maybe Mac Jones if he was in the 4th

Peyton Ramsey I like in the later rounds 

On 1/13/2021 at 2:45 PM, indifference said:

Second round - third round guy. If he’s there id be okay with him. 

Him or Walker Little would be good in the 3rd round. But, I still think a 2nd or 3rd round interior G/C that can be plugged in in case of injury would be a great investment. But, same with tackle. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Gabbert couldn't even get us 6 wins. He's utter trash, and that's coming from a Mizzou homer...

We'd be picking inside the top 5 if any QB Arians has affiliation with (Gabbert, Stanton, etc.) actually had to play more than a spot start...

• Like 1

Win or lose this Sunday if the bucs take a QB with their mid 20’s pick it will be a massive reach. They will be passing up a clearly superior Oline man, pass rusher, Corner etc who can help them right now in 2021 win with Brady over a QB who will rot on the Bench.

I would argue the same thing with their 2nd round pick tbh

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 8:05 AM, CP3MVP said:

Win or lose this Sunday if the bucs take a QB with their mid 20’s pick it will be a massive reach. They will be passing up a clearly superior Oline man, pass rusher, Corner etc who can help them right now in 2021 win with Brady over a QB who will rot on the Bench.

I would argue the same thing with their 2nd round pick tbh

I agree. Bucs should try to get 2 new starters in the draft like we did this year. Except we get them at DT & OLB 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

32 Travis Etienne HB  Clemson B+

64 Tyler Shelvin NT  LSU B+

95 Brenton Cox Jr. ED  Florida B+

133 Myron Cunningham T  Arkansas C+

173 Merlin Robertson LB  Arizona State B+

212 Chris Rodriguez Jr. HB  Kentucky C+

213 Michal Menet C  Penn State C+

247 Milton Williams DI  Louisiana Tech C+

254 Myles Jones CB  Texas A&M C+

Overall Draft Grade B

Got bored and decided to try another mock. This time using the pff draft machine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

32 Travis Etienne HB  Clemson B+

64 Tyler Shelvin NT  LSU B+

95 Brenton Cox Jr. ED  Florida B+

133 Myron Cunningham T  Arkansas C+

173 Merlin Robertson LB  Arizona State B+

212 Chris Rodriguez Jr. HB  Kentucky C+

213 Michal Menet C  Penn State C+

247 Milton Williams DI  Louisiana Tech C+

254 Myles Jones CB  Texas A&M C+

Overall Draft Grade B

Got bored and decided to try another mock. This time using the pff draft machine.

Wild how this thread isn’t 50 pages long already..

So you’re taking Etienne over Najee Harris?

5 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Wild how this thread isn’t 50 pages long already..

So you’re taking Etienne over Najee Harris?

I think Etienne will be first back taken to be honest. Harris is a nice player too but E has game breaking speed extra gear. I’d be shocked if they both fell at 32. Can see a teams like Miami, NYJ, and LAC take a stab. Bucs need a reliable pass catching RB and he fits the mold.