Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Was looking at who pff had as BPA. Etienne was the highest guy that hit a need.

Post Etienne to the Bucs into existence.  Can t see them drafting OL 1st round because the prospect will be an insurance policy.  

DL.help makes a lot of sense.  Jets drafted premium picks in DL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Post Etienne to the Bucs into existence.  Can t see them drafting OL 1st round because the prospect will be an insurance policy.  

DL.help makes a lot of sense.  Jets drafted premium picks in DL.

I wanna see DL, so many good prospects that would look good next to Vea. 

• Like 1

Since @bucsfan333 did one, it made me want to do one 🤣

31. Jaycee Horn - CB - South Carolina - C
63 Joseph Ossai - ED - Texas - B+
94 Jay Tufele - DL - USC - B+
132 - Drake Jackson - C/OG - Kentucky - C+
172 - Jaret Patterson - HB - Buffalo - C+
211 - Thayer Munford - T - Ohio St. - C+
231 - Raymond Johnson III - EDGE - Georgia Southern - B+
247 - Greg Eisworth - S - Iowa St. - C+
253. Jawuarii Roberson - WR - Wake Forest - C+

Overall Grade - B-

• Like 3

Read somewhere that in a typical yr most GM s board have 12-15 1st rd grades on prospects.  So the likelihood Licht has a prospect drop that far to him may not be possible.

I would not mind moving out of the 1st rd into the 2nd and pick up an extra 3rd.  Look at Licht s draft with BA.  The 2nd rd mishaps have vanished.  Look how he built the secondary, WR  and even earlier the OL with those later picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Read somewhere that in a typical yr most GM s board have 12-15 1st rd grades on prospects.  So the likelihood Licht has a prospect drop that far to him may not be possible.

I would not mind moving out of the 1st rd into the 2nd and pick up an extra 3rd.  Look at Licht s draft with BA.  The 2nd rd mishaps have vanished.  Look how he built the secondary, WR  and even earlier the OL with those later picks.

Same here, there are always teams that want to move back into the late 1st round to get a guy, as they want that extra year of team control via the 5th year option. 

I wouldn't mind moving back a handful of spots into the early 2nd round and pick up an extra pick as well. Those early 2nd rounder's are usually premiere guys still...

• Like 2

I do think they will draft a T before Day 3.  Haeg won t be back.  Wells is a JAG.  Seaton is below a JAG.

I don t think they will extend D Smith.  What could they offer him that will give him more guaranteed money, but a lower cap hit of 14 million?  He signed a 3 yr deal @ 41 million with 27 million guaranteed, doubtful he ll be looking to a pay cut after this season.  

I still want Jaime Newman drafted some time in this draft.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I do think they will draft a T before Day 3.  Haeg won t be back.  Wells is a JAG.  Seaton is below a JAG.

I don t think they will extend D Smith.  What could they offer him that will give him more guaranteed money, but a lower cap hit of 14 million?  He signed a 3 yr deal @ 41 million with 27 million guaranteed, doubtful he ll be looking to a pay cut after this season.  

I still want Jaime Newman drafted some time in this draft.

Agreed, they gotta start building some depth behind these starters on the OL and DL. These re-tread guys we have on roster aren't anything to write home about. We've gotten lucky so far with injuries, but I wouldn't want any of them playing into the future. You have to have guys behind starters that can be groomed. This is what the successful FO's do to sustain success at the position.

There are going to be some cap casualties/FA's that walk in the coming seasons and you have to have guys behind them that can be groomed and ready to plug-in if needed.

• Like 2