Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

50 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I don t believe for a second Licht believes Gabbert is the future.  However, Licht is telling us forget about drafting a QB before day 3, and probably we ll be signing some camp meat arms.  Is Vinny Testaverde still in shape?

And even if Licht does believe Gabbert has a future, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.  Gabbert would go down a similiar path to Jim Plunkett, Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson.

We just won the Super Bowl. Licht isn't gonna say anything bad about anyone on the roster. 

But I agree with you that what he said means we're not likely to take a QB early. And I'd guess we're not gonna take a QB at all again.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

its going to be real interesting to see who rises and who falls this year without a combine

going to be alot of busts 

i havent looked much but im having a hard time getting a feel for which round these guys are going to go in

I think most scouts convene and talk at the combine, forming a mostly league-wide consensus on guys. I wonder how much that'll happen with only pro days.

The combine gives everyone like a week to be in the same place. Pro days are only a few hours before you've gotta hop on a plane to the next one.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think most scouts convene and talk at the combine, forming a mostly league-wide consensus on guys. I wonder how much that'll happen with only pro days.

The combine gives everyone like a week to be in the same place. Pro days are only a few hours before you've gotta hop on a plane to the next one.

yea its going to be a crazy draft

we are going to see guys projected at round 2 going in the 5th or round 3 going in the first

i cant wait

so nice to be thinking draft now as opposed to a month and a half ago🤣

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So what about Jaelan Phillips.  Is the reward worth the risk?

Man his tape looks good this year not even going to lie. A lot of 1 year wonders in this class but his upside is worth it at 32. The kid from UGA also looks like a gamer.

Joe Tyron will be a steal for some team in R2. JPP a UFA next year wouldnt be opposed to doubling up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, indifference said:

Man his tape looks good this year not even going to lie. A lot of 1 year wonders in this class but his upside is worth it at 32. The kid from UGA also looks like a gamer.

Joe Tyron will be a steal for some team in R2. JPP a UFA next year wouldnt be opposed to doubling up

The back story on Phillips is fascinating at UCLA.  Injury plagued, at least one concussion and then quits football.  However, 5 star recruit, physical freak and production.

He fits the Licht profile as far as high ceiling, low floor.  The "luv of the game" will come into question, but kind of hard to raise a red flag on character issues when they signed AB.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

The back story on Phillips is fascinating at UCLA.  Injury plagued, at least one concussion and then quits football.  However, 5 star recruit, physical freak and production.

He fits the Licht profile as far as high ceiling, low floor.  The "luv of the game" will come into question, but kind of hard to raise a red flag on character issues when they signed AB.  

Sign me up. Another physical freak amongst Vea and White would give us bright future. Guy gets to learn from JPP for a year and help the depth.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Sign me up. Another physical freak amongst Vea and White would give us bright future. Guy gets to learn from JPP for a year and help the depth.

Yeah. As long as he comes across as intelligent and able to learn during our interview(s) (he's gotta be a guy we talk to) then take him. Our coaching staff is top notch.

• Like 1

Love what I see from RB Javonte Williams. He's my #2 RB in this class. Dude is built like a tank and damn near breaks every first tackle he comes across. His YAC is insane and I saw a stat where 43% of his college runs went for a 1st down or TD...

He's a true three down back and is already well developed in pass protection. He's got good understanding of routes too and above average hands...

Jaelan Philips looks great, and he really sets the edge and doesnt over pursue too , which isnt as common

id love him at 32

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Love what I see from RB Javonte Williams. He's my #2 RB in this class. Dude is built like a tank and damn near breaks every first tackle he comes across. His YAC is insane and I saw a stat where 43% of his college runs went for a 1st down or TD...

He's a true three down back and is already well developed in pass protection. He's got good understanding of routes too and above average hands...

yea he looks good

but idk if he would last til our 2nd