Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

59 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I m feeling less certain about a RB in the first 2 rds.  The Bucs have already invested a 2nd n 3rd pick at the position when they are a pass first team.  

I could see them going WR before RB.  It sounds crazy, but Evans and Godwin were not healthy the entire season.  AB is probably gone, and Miller is great in his role as a speedster #3.  If he had to move up to a bigger role, I think would be asking too much.  I like Johnson, but if Licht goes WR 1st rd, I won t complain.

Just now, ravishingone said:

I m feeling less certain about a RB in the first 2 rds.  The Bucs have already invested a 2nd n 3rd pick at the position when they are a pass first team.  

I could see them going WR before RB.  It sounds crazy, but Evans and Godwin were not healthy the entire season.  AB is probably gone, and Miller is great in his role as a speedster #3.  If he had to move up to a bigger role, I think would be asking too much.  I like Johnson, but if Licht goes WR 1st rd, I won t complain.

That kid outta UCLA - Demetric Felton - seems a lot like Antonio Gibson. And we almost took Gibson last year.

• Like 1

Well, here's Arians on the combine. So much for that concern.

“I think for me, it’s always been what’s on tape — now let’s do the background on the person,” Arians said. “You go to the combine, you fall in love with those guys in shorts, they run a 4.3 (40-yard dash). You look at the film though, they don’t run 4.3… and that guy that ran 4.6, he’s the fastest guy on the field. So the tape don’t lie. You can fall in love and get your heart broken at the Combine.”

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Najee Harris is my RB1.

Same here. I have...

1. Harris

2. Williams 

3. Etienne

I think Harris and Williams are true workhorse backs who can play 3 downs because they both can catch well. Etienne is more of the homerun threat. See him in more of a Nyhem Hines role in NFL. Don't think he's built to handle 25 touches a game over a 16 week span and be able to hold up...

He's a weapon though and a great compliment back to teams with 2 down back (ala RoJo)...

20 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If we didn't have Lenny as a FA (don't see him back IMO) and RoJo going into a contract year, I would probably feel the same. Really only viable RB would be Vaughn, who is still a big question mark...

Honestly, we're gonna be in such a great spot picking at 32. I wouldn't rule any position off the board at that pick (except QB). Licht is gonna go BPA there because of the value, or trade out of the pick with a team looking to move back into the 1st for their guy so they can get that extra year of control...

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If we didn't have Lenny as a FA (don't see him back IMO) and RoJo going into a contract year, I would probably feel the same. Really only viable RB would be Vaughn, who is still a big question mark...

Honestly, we're gonna be in such a great spot picking at 32. I wouldn't rule any position off the board at that pick (except QB). Licht is gonna go BPA there because of the value, or trade out of the pick with a team looking to move back into the 1st for their guy so they can get that extra year of control...

They re going to resign Logan and probably 1 more FA RB.  I think they take a RB, just not that early.

We all luv Vea, but the reality is he gets nicked up every yr.  Suh was really good this yr.  I really hope they get Barmore if he is there.  It s not a deep DT draft apparently, so if they want one better get him early.  I also like King from Iowa. 

32 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

They re going to resign Logan and probably 1 more FA RB.  I think they take a RB, just not that early.

Logan can't stay healthy and hasn't shown anything more than a viable KR in NFL. I don't even factor him into the RB equation.

If we go the FA route ( I'm not convinced we do though, with so many spots we need to resign elsewhere), wonder if we take a hard look at Le'Veon Bell? He's coming off his lowest value and can be had for cheap. Wanted to play for a contender (why he chose the Chiefs) and doesnt mind taking a secondary role. One of the better pass catching backs in recent memory too.

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Logan can't stay healthy and hasn't shown anything more than a viable KR in NFL. I don't even factor him into the RB equation.

If we go the FA route ( I'm not convinced we do though, with so many spots we need to resign elsewhere), wonder if we take a hard look at Le'Veon Bell? He's coming off his lowest value and can be had for cheap. Wanted to play for a contender (why he chose the Chiefs) and doesnt mind taking a secondary role. One of the better pass catching backs in recent memory too.

I think they can get a better version of McCoy for near the vet minimum.  Bell should be one of many candidates.  There are so many UFA RBs, maybe 3 or 4 will get more then 2 million, IMO.  That leaves a lot of guys not getting money.  Might as well play in Tampa and line up next to the GOAT.