Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

If Lavonte walks in FA, I think I want to find a way to get  Zaven Collins on this team. Can you imagine pairing him with White? That might be two of the most athletically gifted people on planet earth for their size playing side by side...

Collins is unreal in what he offers and he is the size of a 3-4 OLB. This is from PFF:

Collins did unprecedented things at the linebacker position this season for Tulsa. His 93.7 coverage grade sits well above the previous PFF record set by former UCLA Bruin and current Minnesota Viking Eric Kendricks in 2014 (92.1).

“The 6-foot-4, 240-pound off-ball linebacker tallied four interceptions, three forced incompletions and nine passing stops when dropping into coverage. He was also one of the top blitzing weapons in the country. All told, Collins picked up 16 pressures on 51 rushes and was the only player at his position to record 90.0-plus grades in coverage and as a blitzer.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If Lavonte walks in FA, I think I want to find a way to get  Zaven Collins on this team. Can you imagine pairing him with White? That might be two of the most athletically gifted people on planet earth for their size playing side by side...

Collins is unreal in what he offers and he is the size of a 3-4 OLB. This is from PFF:

Collins did unprecedented things at the linebacker position this season for Tulsa. His 93.7 coverage grade sits well above the previous PFF record set by former UCLA Bruin and current Minnesota Viking Eric Kendricks in 2014 (92.1).

“The 6-foot-4, 240-pound off-ball linebacker tallied four interceptions, three forced incompletions and nine passing stops when dropping into coverage. He was also one of the top blitzing weapons in the country. All told, Collins picked up 16 pressures on 51 rushes and was the only player at his position to record 90.0-plus grades in coverage and as a blitzer.”

Licht has valued ILB in the draft over DE or OLB.  Bowles drafted Darron Lee in the first rd.  Even if David resigns, I would expect them to draft another ILB by the 4th round.

I want Minter resigned, but I want him 4th on the depth chart.  His lack of speed is very evident in the Bowles defense.

• Like 1

Treat yourself to some Zaven Collins highlights.  If he played in a power 5 school, no doubt he would be a 1st rdr.  He s just about as big as JPP, can drop into coverage like David and can rush the passer off the edge.

I think his position is football player.  I would have no issue with him being the first pick even if David resigns.

11 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Treat yourself to some Zaven Collins highlights.  If he played in a power 5 school, no doubt he would be a 1st rdr.  He s just about as big as JPP, can drop into coverage like David and can rush the passer off the edge.

I think his position is football player.  I would have no issue with him being the first pick even if David resigns.

I was about to disagree with you  , buy i took your advice and watched some of his highlights...

Jesus

This guy has future All Pro potential written all over him

If he's there , barring a trade back, I'd take him over Jalean Philips who I previously had wanted more 

Collins looks so fluid , he's definitely a hybrid, but the fact that he had so many picks and can cover is just crazy

We are lucky hes talked about falling that far, I feel like if the combine had happened, this guy would have shot up to top 15 pick status

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 2

I do believe there is a chance Jaelan Phillips is not on Licht s draft board.  Why?  I cannot recall a prospect that had an injury history Licht drafted.  Howard and Vea have been injured in the pros, but IIRC did not have an injury history in college.  If Phillips did have 3 documented concussions during his freshmam yr, is this enough of an injury to be concerned?

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

He's badass but reminds me a lot of Devin White. Aside from his covering skills right? 

I'm not ready to let David go. He better be re-signed. 

56 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

He's badass but reminds me a lot of Devin White. Aside from his covering skills right? 

I'm not ready to let David go. He better be re-signed. 

The allure of Collins is the adaptability.  If David resigns, in theory Collins is a back up.  However, Bowles uses so many sub packages especially playing from a lead.  He would allow JPP to play 3 tech with Collins or David playing OLB.  If Bowles blitzes White thru the A gap. now Collins or David would drop into coverage instead of JPP, Shaq, or Nelson.  If anyone gets hurt at ILB or OLB, Collins would just eat up more snaps.

Collins didn t play against elite competition and pretty much just played zone, so there are questions.  If the Bucs would draft him, he comes into a perfect situation to  continue to develop.  He would not be a starter, but would get a lot of snaps.  Eventually White and Collins would be the long term tandem. 

We have to assume the Bucs will be playing from the lead a lot this up coming season.  

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The allure of Collins is the adaptability.  If David resigns, in theory Collins is a back up.  However, Bowles uses so many sub packages especially playing from a lead.  He would allow JPP to play 3 tech with Collins or David playing OLB.  If Bowles blitzes White thru the A gap. now Collins or David would drop into coverage instead of JPP, Shaq, or Nelson.  If anyone gets hurt at ILB or OLB, Collins would just eat up more snaps.

Collins didn t play against elite competition and pretty much just played zone, so there are questions.  If the Bucs would draft him, he comes into a perfect situation to  continue to develop.  He would not be a starter, but would get a lot of snaps.  Eventually White and Collins would be the long term tandem. 

We have to assume the Bucs will be playing from the lead a lot this up coming season.  

I do like the idea of a player like that no doubt. Like an Isaiah Simmons I think was similar to that type. As long as her can take on o-lineman then I'd be on board with that. Which it looks like Collins can. 

• Like 2