Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

7 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I agree with this list except for Tyron. Not as big on him but regardless of if we resign Shaq or not, we improve the pass rush further and this defense picks up where they left off in the Super Bowl and with better depth.

I do worry about OL depth some cuz Brady needs the protection. I think he has the 3rd most time to throw of all QBs last year. Martinez in the 3rd would be cool... idk about or depth at T but you can’t have very position covered.

If it’s between Harris and Etienne at 32 and all the good pass rushers are gone, I’m going Harris. Better in pass pro and while he doesn’t have game breaking speed, he’s a 3 down back who can catch probably the best we’ve seen since Warwick Dunn in Tampa. Williams or Gainwell I’d be interested in in the 2nd or 3rd.

The disrespect Etienne gets.  😀 He s going to be McCaffery in the passing game.  No disrespect to Harris, but he is a better version of Fournette.

In the end, I think the organization likes Vaughn more then the reporters.  They ll draft a RB eventually.  I m going to be bummed when the Bucs trade out of 32, and I waited over 3 hours for nothing.

As mentioned by @bucsfan333 earlier, I believe they will really like Felton from UCLA outside the first round.  They could strengthen 2 depth charts.  

tenor.gif

Edited by ravishingone

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

In the end, I think the organization likes Vaughn more then the reporters.  They ll draft a RB eventually.  I m going to be bummed when the Bucs trade out of 32, and I waited over 3 hours for nothing.

I 100% expect this. We need depth all over. More picks in a draft where everyone's board is considerably different would probably be the most ideal situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I 100% expect this. We need depth all over. More picks in a draft where everyone's board is considerably different would probably be the most ideal situation.

Right on. Bucs played 19 games last year, its important we preserve guys so they dont see them banged up weekly.

11 hours ago, ravishingone said:
In the end, I think the organization likes Vaughn more then the reporters.  They ll draft a RB eventually.  I m going to be bummed when the Bucs trade out of 32, and I waited over 3 hours for nothing

mood laughing GIF

so funny 

i would definitely expect this to happen

i mean, im going to watch regardless because i love the draft for all teams

but still, i cant wait til the Bucs pick

if we can get a good package, maybe an extra 2nd or 3rd, we'd be in business

hopefully one of the QBs drops and someone trades up trying to lock in that 5th year option

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

IIRC, they gave serious consideration to drafting Antonio Gibson over Winfield.  Felton would be a match up nightmare in this offense.  I don t think Felton gets out of the 2nd round.  I would not be shocked to see the Bucs trade out of 32, get a 2nd n 3rd rd pick and Felton be the Bucs first draft pick.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

IIRC, they gave serious consideration to drafting Antonio Gibson over Winfield.  Felton would be a match up nightmare in this offense.  I don t think Felton gets out of the 2nd round.  I would not be shocked to see the Bucs trade out of 32, get a 2nd n 3rd rd pick and Felton be the Bucs first draft pick.  

Yup. I'm 100% in agreement.

I think he and one of the two DIII olinemen are gonna be Bucs after the draft is over.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 7:46 AM, ravishingone said:

I’m 100% down to grab Felton. He looks like a great weapon to have as RB in R2. Kid looks like a faster Alvin Kamara with the ball on his hands. Maybe not as shifty but he def looks like he has a third gear. I’m all abroad the trade back train. Felton is my new draft crush.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Rosseau at 10 is harsh. Not going to lie seeing that he has experience pass rushing as a DT and LDE and has some reps dropping in the flat...i would not be mad at pick 32

Lacks bend and elite get off to ever duplicate his college success at 15.5 sacks but he shows great speed to power pass rush. Type of guy that would produce well here with other dominant players around him. Dont think he is a Batman more like a Robin that can be asked to do more than rush. Either way I do think its likely his stock takes a tumble and will probably be there in early r2

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

ayyy lol 

not too dissimilar from the one i made a few days ago

i went back and watched some more of Tryon...still cant get on board, he doesnt flash athleticism on tape imo at least compared to Paye, Ossai, Ojulari, Nixon, Philips. He has 1 good swim move and that's it. i just like the other guys better

This might be the best mid round draft I can remember for edge prospects. There are just so many guys that aren't 1st round locks, or have some minor incompleteness to their game/situation that push them down the board, but with some coaching and NFL conditioning you could see them flourish early on..

Seriously, I can't remember ever being more excited about 2nd-4th round DE/OLB than 1st rounders lol.

Another guy's game I absolutely love and I think teams are going to sleep on because of his size is Chris Rumph II. He lined up all over the field for Duke, but is a pass rush weapon. Don't think he's an every down player because of the size, but if he's used correctly could be a weapon. 

• Like 2