Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Not sure how this plays, just a lot of smoke right now.  I just find it hard to evaluate a Bama Qb considering he is throwing to multiple 1st rd receivers.

Yeah that's how I felt about Tua last year, well and his injury scared me. But Tua also just got so much hype it was ridiculous. But having an offense full of future 1st round picks, is obviously going to make any QB look good. Which is weird why I think Mac will be better, but I just go off my instincts now 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Trey Lance.

I think you see all 4 QBs go inside top 5 (Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields).

Mac Jones goes 8-12 range. 

Kellen Mond goes 15-25 range. Heard WFT and Pats are high on him.

Feeding frenzy for these QBs. I saw that it might also be because of the lack of QB talent in next years draft. But, I don't like that logic, because there always seems to be QBs that come out of no where and rise to the top of the rankings as a prospect. 

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Biggest of oofs.

Gross. But I figured his agility would he his biggest con. Guy is 6’7 260 he’s really stiff on the film but he compares to a JPP. Not as violent with the hand usage though so he really might be a bust if a team expects him to be a corner stone.

On 3/28/2021 at 12:01 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

Agreed that I’d be shocked if Jones lasted until 32 and I don’t see us trading up for really anyone, especially a QB. If he falls to us, maybe it’s a different conversation. I also wonder about the press from getting a QB high cuz he will be touted the successor. I don’t think Brady wants to deal with grooming his successor like Bledsoe did for him. Like if he gets injured then Jones for example takes over for good. But then again I think Brady could just use it for motivation. Probably more likely the Bucs look for a later round guy to groom for 2-3 years with no real successor pressure on Brady or from the media if they draft a QB at all. Interesting discussion tho.

I just think, putting myself in Brady's shoes, even with all the accomplishments... I said the same thing before last years draft. He showed signs of being a little sensitive to having his "replacement" being drafted. That's just my opinion... and so just imagining having my replacement shadowing me, on the bench next to me during games, it would make me think my team is thinking about the future more than the present. And I just like the thought of Brady knowing the organization has absolute faith in him playing 5 more years. He already has to hear the age thing all the time. Even I get tired of hearing his age. So until we see his play start to slip, I don't want to draft his replacement. Also, who knows what QBs might be available in the next couple years via free agency or trade as well. There's been a QB carousel lately.