Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Ossai played inside for Texas also.  I think they understand how the defense got exposed when White went out.  They still have no speed behind White and David.

I think BA just tipped his hand where they believe the roster is lacking right now.

He tends to do that. He is usually pretty upfront about our needs even last year draft. Either way, I love it. Add more playmakers to the D, Collins is the exact type of player that fits the bill. Good shot hes there at 32 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indifference said:

He tends to do that. He is usually pretty upfront about our needs even last year draft. Either way, I love it. Add more playmakers to the D, Collins is the exact type of player that fits the bill. Good shot hes there at 32 

I haven't seen a mock yet where he's been at 32, but I hope so. 

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Need our resident The Ohio State expert to give the low down whether Sermon, Browning, Cooper make sense for the Bucs.  @bucsfan333, the floor is yours.

Sermon looked like hot garbage up until the last handful of games. He was one of the most timid runners I'd ever seen. Then something happened and he was a tank. I dunno what it was all about. But badass Sermon is apparently more of what he was at Oklahoma. So I dunno. I don't know if there's gonna be a learning curve/him taking time to get comfortable - like Jonathan Taylor did for Indy - or what to expect from him. Honestly, while writing all this, I think a good comp for him would probably be Lenny. Unless he's able to turn it on all the time like he did the end of last season.

Cooper is decent. But after watching the Bosas and Young play, it's difficult. He's nowhere near any of them. Not even a little. Maybe standing up would help. But he never blew me away.

Tuf Borland needs to be a coach or something. He's a poor man's Manti T'eo. He's not athletic enough to be an impact in the NFL.

Hilliard stood out to me more than Browning ever did. It seemed like he made more splash plays and I remember wondering why he didn't play more. 

Aside from Fields, I don't think there are really any, like, must-have guys coming out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sermon looked like hot garbage up until the last handful of games. He was one of the most timid runners I'd ever seen. Then something happened and he was a tank. I dunno what it was all about. But badass Sermon is apparently more of what he was at Oklahoma. So I dunno. I don't know if there's gonna be a learning curve/him taking time to get comfortable - like Jonathan Taylor did for Indy - or what to expect from him. Honestly, while writing all this, I think a good comp for him would probably be Lenny. Unless he's able to turn it on all the time like he did the end of last season.

Cooper is decent. But after watching the Bosas and Young play, it's difficult. He's nowhere near any of them. Not even a little. Maybe standing up would help. But he never blew me away.

Tuf Borland needs to be a coach or something. He's a poor man's Manti T'eo. He's not athletic enough to be an impact in the NFL.

Hilliard stood out to me more than Browning ever did. It seemed like he made more splash plays and I remember wondering why he didn't play more. 

Aside from Fields, I don't think there are really any, like, must-have guys coming out.

@bucsfan333 what's your thoughts on Shaun Wade? Seems like he's destined for the 3rd round with his 2020 struggles.

I watched a handful of OSU games and see a guy who was inconsistent, but also misutilized positionionally at times.

I think he's purely a slot corner at the next level. His willingness to get physical in run support is intriguing to me and he has good ball skills. Think he could be a good gamble?

9 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

@bucsfan333 what's your thoughts on Shaun Wade? Seems like he's destined for the 3rd round with his 2020 struggles.

I watched a handful of OSU games and see a guy who was inconsistent, but also misutilized positionionally at times.

I think he's purely a slot corner at the next level. His willingness to get physical in run support is intriguing to me and he has good ball skills. Think he could be a good gamble?

Honestly, I never got the hype. I always thought the other CB looked better than he did, regardless who it was. Seemed to give up a play or two every week. Last season it seemed to finally become apparent to everyone.

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Honestly, I never got the hype. I always thought the other CB looked better than he did, regardless who it was. Seemed to give up a play or two every week. Last season it seemed to finally become apparent to everyone.

Thanks. That's good to know he struggled prior too. I hadn't watched anything on him outside of the limited 2020 games OSU played.

Sounds like a guy to avoid, unless it's a late round flier.