Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

7 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Don't think he'll last till our pick IMO. 

Interesting to see who gets drafted first- Marshall or Toney?  The Bucs just aren t going to draft a traditional slot WR.  I think they like the idea of an insurance policy behind Evans n Godwin.  Do they believe Johnson can fill in?  That will decide if they go WR before day 3 if AB isn t re signed.

Been trying to think outside of the box on our first couple picks. Arians gave the first idea of what they're thinking saying they want to add speed to the defense. We know Bowles likes to move pieces around too, so someone versatile would be nice. 

Joseph Ossai is one of the first names that jumps out. His future is as a pass rusher, but he does have experience dropping into coverage and played some Jack in a 4-3 at Texas. He's wont be the future Lavonte replacement, but he could get some extra snaps as a rookie because of his versatility and with Bowles getting creative. Jayson Oweh is another guy I think they'd take a swing at, someone we could let develop for a couple of years until JPP retires. 

Speaking of creative, I've been thinking about a concept Bowles might start pushing more of.. We've seen the recent trend of the hybrid safety/linebacker becoming more popular. We've seen Bowles move around DL pieces all over formations. If we get the right athlete, would Bowles experiment with playing someone in a hybrid 3T/5T, and edge rusher role standing up?

Im looking at guys like Milton Williams, who played in the interior in college but has the athleticism of an edge. Someone like Gregory Rousseau, who looks like an edge but has had a lot of success playing in the interior in college? Having someone that can play 30% of snaps on the outside and 30% of snaps on the inside, coming into relief for Suh one series and in for JPP the next series. A chess piece to move around based off the formation/situation the offense is in. 

Another direction you don't see too much in mocks is drafting a corner in the 1st. SMB stepped up big time in the playoffs, but his regular season was underwhelming. Carlton is an upcoming FA, and him and Jamel have missed time with injuries. If someone like Greg Newsome is high on our FO's board, or if someone like Caleb Farley drops because of injuries, I think there's a chance we take one of them. Worst case, they come in as the 4th CB and play ~20%-30% of snaps this year, about the same a backup edge would. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Been trying to think outside of the box on our first couple picks. Arians gave the first idea of what they're thinking saying they want to add speed to the defense. We know Bowles likes to move pieces around too, so someone versatile would be nice. 

Joseph Ossai is one of the first names that jumps out. His future is as a pass rusher, but he does have experience dropping into coverage and played some Jack in a 4-3 at Texas. He's wont be the future Lavonte replacement, but he could get some extra snaps as a rookie because of his versatility and with Bowles getting creative. Jayson Oweh is another guy I think they'd take a swing at, someone we could let develop for a couple of years until JPP retires. 

Speaking of creative, I've been thinking about a concept Bowles might start pushing more of.. We've seen the recent trend of the hybrid safety/linebacker becoming more popular. We've seen Bowles move around DL pieces all over formations. If we get the right athlete, would Bowles experiment with playing someone in a hybrid 3T/5T, and edge rusher role standing up?

Im looking at guys like Milton Williams, who played in the interior in college but has the athleticism of an edge. Someone like Gregory Rousseau, who looks like an edge but has had a lot of success playing in the interior in college? Having someone that can play 30% of snaps on the outside and 30% of snaps on the inside, coming into relief for Suh one series and in for JPP the next series. A chess piece to move around based off the formation/situation the offense is in. 

Another direction you don't see too much in mocks is drafting a corner in the 1st. SMB stepped up big time in the playoffs, but his regular season was underwhelming. Carlton is an upcoming FA, and him and Jamel have missed time with injuries. If someone like Greg Newsome is high on our FO's board, or if someone like Caleb Farley drops because of injuries, I think there's a chance we take one of them. Worst case, they come in as the 4th CB and play ~20%-30% of snaps this year, about the same a backup edge would. 

definitely like Ossai, Oweh is interesting but so freaking raw (smh just missed out on Ossai in FFMD blah punching myself)

i have thought about going outside the box as well and going CB rd1 , especially if Farley fell there but Newsome or Asante Samuel Jr would be good too

i havent looked at Milton Williams though so im gona have to check him out

• Like 1

13 hours ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Definitely in for the hybrid position. But, not very common, and there's so many edge guys going into the 3rd round. I'd hate to not come away with one of them. For CB, a late round developmental guy at the most I'd hope. I just think with that, I'd rather trade for someone or pick up a vet free agent than draft another high pick CB. 

7 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Definitely in for the hybrid position. But, not very common, and there's so many edge guys going into the 3rd round. I'd hate to not come away with one of them. For CB, a late round developmental guy at the most I'd hope. I just think with that, I'd rather trade for someone or pick up a vet free agent than draft another high pick CB. 

Were you on the draftcountdown forum back in the day?

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

As someone who would like the Bucs to draft Collins, this 40 time works for me.  

thats a bit slower than i thought he'd run.... especially without the combine, that means he's more of a 4.7 guy hmm

he definitely doesnt look like that on tape, he plays faster 

i'd trust the tape over the 40

• Like 1