Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

31 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I don t have a stat  on how many times a tackle transitions to center in the pros.  However, 2 Bucs have done it.  First. Ryan Jensen CSU-Pueblo.  Jeremy Zuttah played tackle at Rutgers.  

Pretty confident Licht will draft OL in a few weeks considering he has drafted the position in 4 drafts.  

yeah its always important to draft trench guys

....watch us draft Meinerz in the 1st lol

Licht D3 man crush ACTIVATED

• Like 1

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I just don't see us drafting a QB at all.

Unless someone REALLY falls

I just feel like Licht ans BA are all in on win now

AND let's be real, WHEN Brady retires.... what are the odds BA just goes out with him , retiring himself? I just don't see BA wanting to develop a QB. And when BA goes and a new staff comes in, chances are they are going to want "their guy" anyway, so what's the point in taking a guy now.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think the Bucs ride with what they have in DL.  Just a hunch.  It seems like such a shallow prospect pool, I think they pass.  

Barmore has rumors about being lazy.  Ownwuzirke didn t play last year, both seem like projects.  K Davis at least has some snaps under his belt from last season.  

The idea of drafting Newsome is growing on me.  All 3 CBs last season got banged up, and it is insurance because all 3 starters probably won t be signed to 2nd contracts.  And history suggests, Licht/Bowles have done a darn good job of drafting secondary.  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I think the Bucs ride with what they have in DL.  Just a hunch.  It seems like such a shallow prospect pool, I think they pass.  

Barmore has rumors about being lazy.  Ownwuzirke didn t play last year, both seem like projects.  K Davis at least has some snaps under his belt from last season.  

The idea of drafting Newsome is growing on me.  All 3 CBs last season got banged up, and it is insurance because all 3 starters probably won t be signed to 2nd contracts.  And history suggests, Licht/Bowles have done a darn good job of drafting secondary.  

Huh?

41 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Huh?

Reading various draft coverage, the consensus is this is not a very talented DL prospect pool.  Even the top DL prospect is viewed as a fringe top 25 prospect at best on a draft board listing all positions.

So the value of a draft pick appears to be at other positions this yr.

29 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Reading various draft coverage, the consensus is this is not a very talented DL prospect pool.  Even the top DL prospect is viewed as a fringe top 25 prospect at best on a draft board listing all positions.

So the value of a draft pick appears to be at other positions this yr.

There's good DL prospects going into the 6th round though? I just don't understand that.