Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Fields could certainly work out. High school football in the Northeast still produces a bunch of D1 talent.  There s only so many starting Qb positions open at a major program.  

I just remember now that Russell Wilson played his last yr at Wisconsin.  Nothing like shooting a hole in my own argument.  😀

NC State then transferred lol similar to Fields. I think he will be a good 1 for the Niners or whoever he goes to. Just hope its not in our division

• Like 1

I just don t see how Trask is an option for the Bucs.  In AZ, Lindley and Thomas were drafted for BA to develop.   Both had plus arm strength.  

I do wonder if Davis is this year's Jacob Eason.  We as fans thought Eason could be a first rd pick, but definitely going to be a second roumder.  The mystery of the draft.

15 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The only prospect with another unique medical concern was Jay Cutler from Vandy with diabetes.  

Apparently Alan Faneca the long time HOF to be guard for Steelers had same condition as Fields. It was managed with medication and never was an issue. He played a much more contact position too.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Apparently Alan Faneca the long time HOF to be guard for Steelers had same condition as Fields. It was managed with medication and never was an issue. He played a much more contact position too.

I should have written Qb prospect.  Didn t know about Faneca, thanks good to know.

• Like 1

Less then a week from the draft, feeling pretty confident pass rusher will be picked no later then the second rd.  JPP s 13 million is coming off the books, and generally pass rushers take time to develop.  Licht might even draft 2 if he views a day 3 pick as a better option then Gill.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 2

If we come away with either Alim Mcneal or Bobby Brown I'll be satisfied just with that. But I also keep thinking about giving up a 3rd to trade up to 25 if Ojulari slips to there. I think he's just up our alley of replacing JPP out of anyone. He even said he takes after Shaq. 

Edited by Caaddy24
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

If we come away with either Alim Mcneal or Bobby Brown I'll be satisfied just with that. But I also keep thinking about giving up a 3rd to trade up to 25 if Ojulari slips to there. I think he's just up our alley of replacing JPP out of anyone. He even said he takes after Shaq. 

if AVT or Paye are in the early 20s i'd trad up all day

but idk about trading up for Ojulari, i honestly would prefer to trade down (even though i say that now and on draft night and in the moment i'll hate waiting for so long NOT to make a pick 😅)

EDIT

at least i wouldnt give up a 3rd to move up for Ojulari is what i mean, if it was a simple trade up like one spot up  or two , then yea but i just think the mid rounds this year are going to be gold

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

if AVT or Paye are in the early 20s i'd trad up all day

but idk about trading up for Ojulari, i honestly would prefer to trade down (even though i say that now and on draft night and in the moment i'll hate waiting for so long NOT to make a pick 😅)

EDIT

at least i wouldnt give up a 3rd to move up for Ojulari is what i mean, if it was a simple trade up like one spot up  or two , then yea but i just think the mid rounds this year are going to be gold

Yeah I'd be ok either way. If we trade down, there seems to be a lot of solid guys going through 5 rounds or so. And, Licht has shown to find good ones in those rounds. I just think Ojulari is the perfect fit, and may be worth sacrificing pick 96. 

I would think Licht is trading up in either of the first 3 rds.  In the past, he traded up in the 3rd rd for Beckwith and Cappa.  With the roster this year, targeting specific prospects and making sure you get them is even more important with such few roster spots open.

I believe the Bucs have 8 picks.  Would not be shocked this draft class ends up.with 5 prospects.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I would think Licht is trading up in either of the first 3 rds.  In the past, he traded up in the 3rd rd for Beckwith and Cappa.  With the roster this year, targeting specific prospects and making sure you get them is even more important with such few roster spots open.

I believe the Bucs have 8 picks.  Would not be shocked this draft class ends up.with 5 prospects.  

Makes sense. And ill be okay with that, especially if we end up collecting draft ammo in future draft classes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Think I saw that Licht has traded up eight times as our GM and traded down only four times.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Less then a week from the draft, feeling pretty confident pass rusher will be picked no later then the second rd.  JPP s 13 million is coming off the books, and generally pass rushers take time to develop.  Licht might even draft 2 if he views a day 3 pick as a better option then Gill.

Agreed. I can see the bucs using Anthony Nelson more in a run defense role in the rotation than edge. We need a young edge guy to develop behind JPP and help fill that void we missed with Nassib to spell JPP and Barrett time to time. I'm a big fan of Oweh and Perkins from Oklahoma at the end of the second. 

19 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Yeah I'd be ok either way. If we trade down, there seems to be a lot of solid guys going through 5 rounds or so. And, Licht has shown to find good ones in those rounds. I just think Ojulari is the perfect fit, and may be worth sacrificing pick 96. 

I don't think Paye gets past the Vikings to be honest.