Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

I could be way off base, but I see the Bucs valuing David higher in FA then most of the NFL.  

David will be a 30 yr old inside LB who is under sized.  I doubt he ll get more per yr going fwd then this past season.  I feel Godwin and David are almost guaranteed to be resigned.  

Now picking in the mid 20s, I have a feeling there could be some real value on the board on both lines interior positions.  It would be fun to have a very good and young  3 tech next to Vea.

4 hours ago, indifference said:

Lavonte David may be gone if we cant shed contracts. 

I hope not 

David really is the heart of our defense and i think we would suffer without him

And we always seem to treat our star players poorly when they get up in years (Sapp,  Brooks, lynch, Mccoy)

Never liked that

We really should let D Smith walk , so much money for trash play, Wells played about as good as Smith did 

Suh has been invaluable but I sincerely doubt we can keep him next year 

31 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I hope not 

David really is the heart of our defense and i think we would suffer without him

And we always seem to treat our star players poorly when they get up in years (Sapp,  Brooks, lynch, Mccoy)

Never liked that

We really should let D Smith walk , so much money for trash play, Wells played about as good as Smith did 

Suh has been invaluable but I sincerely doubt we can keep him next year 

The Bucs are top 10 in the league in available cap space.  Older vets like Suh. Gronk, and David will not be getting pay raises.  Teams with more cap space then the Bucs are for the most part pretty bad, so they would have little interest in signing older vets when younger UFAs will be available.   I don t see Gronk or Suh playing for anorher team if they don t retire.  David is in a similiar boat, but maybe he wants one more payday, so would he go to a team like the Jags for the money over a playoff berth.  Don t know. 

I know one thing it makes zero sense to put so much of the cap to the TE position.  I think something like 18 million this season, that is going bye, bye.

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The Bucs are top 10 in the league in available cap space.  Older vets like Suh. Gronk, and David will not be getting pay raises.  Teams with more cap space then the Bucs are for the most part pretty bad, so they would have little interest in signing older vets when younger UFAs will be available.   I don t see Gronk or Suh playing for anorher team if they don t retire.  David is in a similiar boat, but maybe he wants one more payday, so would he go to a team like the Jags for the money over a playoff berth.  Don t know. 

I know one thing it makes zero sense to put so much of the cap to the TE position.  I think something like 18 million this season, that is going bye, bye.

I'd be surprised if David decided to take a payday over staying here

We should have traded Brate or Howard last offseason.  1 of those is definitely gone next year.

As for Gronk he should take a slight pay cut or stay the same. 

14 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Honestly, we need a pass rush to help the CBs out. I want another big D-lineman to rotate and replace Suh, and a badass edge guy. I wanted one last draft instead of Winfield, but they didn't listen to me. 

Suh is as good as gone. Think Bucs draft his replacement early to save money. Pair Vea with another stud next to him with Barrett will make us dominant.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Honestly, we need a pass rush to help the CBs out. I want another big D-lineman to rotate and replace Suh, and a badass edge guy. I wanted one last draft instead of Winfield, but they didn't listen to me. 

Maybe they restructure Donny and keep him one more year. The getting some pass rush from the DL and depth on the OL may be a more pressing need for a deep playoff run.

Did a mock fantasy machine draft R1 was absolutely tough. Ossai was gone and left with Creed Humphries (very good C prospect) Liam and the other LT prospect from Michigan. Went with Jay Tufele instead though. 

Round 2 Patrick Jones II was a no brainer over Jayson Oweh. My heart tells me the coaching staff Oweh will be the pick because he is the raw inexperienced prospect they love to take on (White and SMB)

Round 3 - Walker little was still there. This was a depth pick. i seriously almost took Creed Hump round 1 and would of sent Jansen packing. Little replaces Haeg as 6th man, can play G/T.