Why Aaron Rodgers Should Punt and Kick Too

incognito_man

Should Aaron Rodgers Be Our Punter and Kicker, Too?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. which would He actually be better at?

• Punting
    • Kicking

I just had an epiphany...

Andy Reid demonstrated at a young age an athalete can dominate 3 phases of a football game: Punting, Passing, AND Kicking. (Note the oxford comma).

reid.jpg

Of these, passing is by far the most critical, so it makes sense you'd train your best passer (Aaron Rodgers) to also punt and kick. The benefits are twofold:

• The Green Bay Packers could re-allocate two roster spots (Crosby's and Scott's).
  • The Green Bay Packers would save $5million in cap space in 2021 alone (not to mention future savings).

The downsides are negligible.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Andy Reid demonstrated at a young age an athalete can dominate 3 phases of a football game: Punting, Passing, AND Kicking. (Note the oxford comma).

reid.jpg

Of these, passing is by far the most critical, so it makes sense you'd train your best passer (Aaron Rodgers) to also punt and kick. The benefits are twofold:

• The Green Bay Packers could re-allocate two roster spots (Crosby's and Scott's).
  • The Green Bay Packers would save $5million in cap space in 2021 alone (not to mention future savings).

I've seen that before but it's still hilarious. My son was a pretty decent athlete and played a ton of tournament basketball in his early teens. At that age point you get blazing fast 4'11" point guards splashing threes playing against 6'5" centers with Adam's apples the size of a baseball. Reid had to have been 12, right? He looks like a college freshman.

[edit: I guess he could have been 15, after a quick search for P, P &K ge groups.]

Also, the whole idea of specialty kickers and punters was late 1960's anyway, wasn't it? Long snappers were a mid 90's thing I think.

Edited by Uffdaswede

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

reid.jpg

I'm the guy who doesn't get it, but angrily agrees.

• Like 1