Jalen Hurts named Starting QB (Week 14)

Jroc04

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

More realistic than Carson doing so

Agreed. I need to see more of Hurts, so happy he is playing. I hope he balls out but we still lose.

However, it's so depressing to think that we're on pace to get a top 10 pick, and yet I have ZERO confidence in Roseman. Hope at the very least someone competent is in charge of drafting.

Thats why Pederson and Roseman got to go. Doesn't matter what we do if they're still here.

1 hour ago, DeJack_10 said:

However, it's so depressing to think that we're on pace to get a top 10 pick, and yet I have ZERO confidence in Roseman. Hope at the very least someone competent is in charge of drafting.

Thats why Pederson and Roseman got to go. Doesn't matter what we do if they're still here.

I agree and I said it before in another thread - it doesn't matter what pick we end up with if Roseman is still drafting. 

Hurts starting is a double edged sword for us - if he does well there's a chance both Doug and Howie saved their jobs; if he does poorly we're stuck with arguably the worst QB situation in the league. 

I do not, at all, understand the progression that led to this.  You have a 27 year old QB that led you to just shy of the SB (someone else got you over the line), but still, that's a good enough QB to stick with.  With his injury history I can understand selecting a QB to back him up.  BUT, why Hurts?  He's an inferior Lamar Jackson.  The Ravens had to completely redesign their offense to make it work with Jackson, and the NFL has seemed to figure him out somewhat this year too.  Where's the upside here?  You maybe catch one or two teams off guard because they don't have film on him then they crush him after that?  Hurts had 1, count them, 1 good year passing in college.  He got benched at Alabama because he was a run first QB who couldn't pass consistently.  You're going to have to run a completely different offense with him to make it work, which means in practice you're running stuff that your super expensive backup can't play.  The second Hurts gets smashed on a scramble Wentz will have to come back in and the offense will have been taking snaps in the other scheme all week at practice.  I mean honestly Philly, what a cluster****.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I do not, at all, understand the progression that led to this.

It's easy - the Eagles offense has been terrible. I don't think Carson shoulders all the blame but he has been inexcusably bad - his accuracy has been terrible, his pocket presence is the worst in the league and his decision making is also the worst in the league. 

Does Hurts do any better? Does the offense improve? Who knows - but it's time to find out. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I do not, at all, understand the progression that led to this.  You have a 27 year old QB that led you to just shy of the SB (someone else got you over the line), but still, that's a good enough QB to stick with.  With his injury history I can understand selecting a QB to back him up.  BUT, why Hurts?  He's an inferior Lamar Jackson.  The Ravens had to completely redesign their offense to make it work with Jackson, and the NFL has seemed to figure him out somewhat this year too.  Where's the upside here?  You maybe catch one or two teams off guard because they don't have film on him then they crush him after that?  Hurts had 1, count them, 1 good year passing in college.  He got benched at Alabama because he was a run first QB who couldn't pass consistently.  You're going to have to run a completely different offense with him to make it work, which means in practice you're running stuff that your super expensive backup can't play.  The second Hurts gets smashed on a scramble Wentz will have to come back in and the offense will have been taking snaps in the other scheme all week at practice.  I mean honestly Philly, what a cluster****.  

I dunno man. I dunno how we got here.......

I just hope that all decision makers (Doug, Howie etc) are all gone after the year and we get fresh eyes and coaching and sort this mess out. Everyone in that building has blundered this whole season and roster so hard.