Jalen Hurts named Starting QB (Week 14)

Jroc04

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I do not, at all, understand the progression that led to this.  You have a 27 year old QB that led you to just shy of the SB (someone else got you over the line), but still, that's a good enough QB to stick with.  With his injury history I can understand selecting a QB to back him up.  BUT, why Hurts?  He's an inferior Lamar Jackson.  The Ravens had to completely redesign their offense to make it work with Jackson, and the NFL has seemed to figure him out somewhat this year too.  Where's the upside here?  You maybe catch one or two teams off guard because they don't have film on him then they crush him after that?  Hurts had 1, count them, 1 good year passing in college.  He got benched at Alabama because he was a run first QB who couldn't pass consistently.  You're going to have to run a completely different offense with him to make it work, which means in practice you're running stuff that your super expensive backup can't play.  The second Hurts gets smashed on a scramble Wentz will have to come back in and the offense will have been taking snaps in the other scheme all week at practice.  I mean honestly Philly, what a cluster****.  

Thats exactly what Doug is going to do. What he did when Foles was inserted and EXACTLY what Andy did for years every single time a back up QB was inserted.

Why Pedersons Dumb *** can't cater, adapt, change his 4 year old stale telegraphed offense to fit Wentz's strength is was so GD mindboggling? 

There has been no innovation,  no change to this pathetic offense for years. However WATCH this game vs the Saints be completely and utterly the opposite.  To be clear there is nothing Jalen Hurts can do on a football field which includes scrambling that Carson Wentz can't do as well. Only singular difference,  they (Doug specifically) wont be scared to call such plays because he's not worried about Hurts getting hurt!!!!

This is a Win -Win scenario for Hurts. Literally nothing bad can be said.

He loses, looks horrific its to be expected , he's a Rookie playing the Saints defense. Not like Wentz would of looked different?

He wins, offense is rollin do to the switch in philosophy,  See Hurts is the man, it was all Carson,  told ya so!

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Thats exactly what Doug is going to do. What he did when Foles was inserted and EXACTLY what Andy did for years every single time a back up QB was inserted.

Why Pedersons Dumb *** can't cater, adapt, change his 4 year old stale telegraphed offense to fit Wentz's strength is was so GD mindboggling? 

There has been no innovation,  no change to this pathetic offense for years. However WATCH this game vs the Saints be completely and utterly the opposite.  To be clear there is nothing Jalen Hurts can do on a football field which includes scrambling that Carson Wentz can't do as well. Only singular difference,  they (Doug specifically) wont be scared to call such plays because he's not worried about Hurts getting hurt!!!!

This is a Win -Win scenario for Hurts. Literally nothing bad can be said.

He loses, looks horrific its to be expected , he's a Rookie playing the Saints defense. Not like Wentz would of looked different?

He wins, offense is rollin do to the switch in philosophy,  See Hurts is the man, it was all Carson,  told ya so!

If Hurts plays well next week it’ll be the first time an Eagles QB played well for an entire game this whole year. It serves no benefit to the Eagles if Wentz’ career is over but you are going to die on this hill bro. Stuff was bad last year and Wentz willed this team to wins. Stuff is bad this year and Wentz makes it’s worse. You have to see that. Give him whatever excuse you need to but the bottom line is, he makes the team worse right now. His decisions, lack of accuracy even when guys are wide open ( watched a Baldie breakdown of Wentz’ one good play last week, the long throw to Goedert and Baldie was killing Wentz. Didn’t recognize he was open, threw a duck, should have been a TD) and his turnovers have absolutely buried an already struggling team. It’s time for a change. Reevaluate in the offseason. 

Haven't been this excited for an Eagles game since the start of the season. Just very excited to see what Hurts has good or bad. Wish the opponent wasn't the saints defense but if he does well it'll be that much better. I just hope if he does bad they give him at least another game or two. I don't wanna see the QBs getting pulled back and forth for the last few games

20 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

BTW,  completely off topic, Saints DC has to be a hot name for a HC gig, no?

Possibly. Don't forget he was the head coach of the Raiders from 12-14 - went 4-12/4-12/started out 0-4 and fired.

Not saying he shouldn't get another shot, just saying this wouldn't be his first.

17 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

If Hurts plays well next week it’ll be the first time an Eagles QB played well for an entire game this whole year. It serves no benefit to the Eagles if Wentz’ career is over but you are going to die on this hill bro. Stuff was bad last year and Wentz willed this team to wins. Stuff is bad this year and Wentz makes it’s worse. You have to see that. Give him whatever excuse you need to but the bottom line is, he makes the team worse right now. His decisions, lack of accuracy even when guys are wide open ( watched a Baldie breakdown of Wentz’ one good play last week, the long throw to Goedert and Baldie was killing Wentz. Didn’t recognize he was open, threw a duck, should have been a TD) and his turnovers have absolutely buried an already struggling team. It’s time for a change. Reevaluate in the offseason. 

Difference between the two years? You guys are acting as though 2020 is the norm, not the actual outlier to his career?

I'm all for wonder boy getting a shot. This way you all can pimp him up as the next......., or make excuses because,  Hell he's just a Rookie!!!!! Its to be expected.

Wentz is the escape 🐐 for a piss poor surrounded cast and even worse a Horrific play caller. 

Funny thing is, I have ZERO DOUBT Pederson will reinvent himself vs the Saints and not only call a great game but entirely change the 2020 offense he's forced Wentz to endure because he's to GD Stupid to adapt his philosophy/play calling for him!!!!

THAT is what will piss me off the most. BACK UP SYNDROM!!! Let's change things now!

Edited by Nabbs4u

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Difference between the two years? You guys are acting as though 2020 is the norm, not the actual outlier to his career?

I'm all for wonder boy getting a shot. This way you all can pimp him up as the next......., or make excuses because,  Hell he's just a Rookie!!!!! Its to be expected.

Wentz is the escape 🐐 for a piss poor surrounded cast and even worse a Horrific play caller. 

Funny thing is, I have ZERO DOUBT Pederson will reinvent himself vs the Saints and not only call a great game but entirely change the 2020 offense he's forced Wentz to endure because he's to GD Stupid to adapt his philosophy/play calling for him!!!!

THAT is what will piss me off the most. BACK UP SYNDROM!!! Let's change things now!

Carson has been worse than you think he has been look it up.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Funny was just saying this to my friends. Doug is definitely gonna come up with a bunch of new stuff and adapt to Hurts. He was stuck on stupid with Wentz. Hurts forces him to change it up

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

His press conference was extremely insensitive. I hope he gets injured. He thinks he’s some God sent to Philly to save us. Enemy #1 for me 

Didn't watch it but I highly highly doubt this. He never came off that way in college or being drafted here with a QB in place. I assume you love Wentz

6 hours ago, eagles18 said:

His press conference was extremely insensitive. I hope he gets injured. He thinks he’s some God sent to Philly to save us. Enemy #1 for me 

You are really going in with that eagles fans root for injuries stereotype. good luck with that attitude.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Let me ask you; say we Dak’ed Wentz last year and just franchised him making him a FA this offseason. Would you give him $150M now?

no freakin way