Jalen Hurts named Starting QB (Week 14)

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

It really pisses me off how we try to find scape goats every year.. last year the scape goat was a few cuts mid season like Zach brown and then decided to fire Groh. fine whatever. We go into 2020 with no real improvement at OC and then have similar slow starts that have plagued us for the past 3 years and let's not forget to mention the constant injuries. That right there tells us there is either a coaching issue or personnel picking issue i.e Doug and Howie. Howie has missed more than he has gotten a pick right - he put together and old and expensive roster and his past two recent screw ups were JJ > DK and Reagor > Jefferson. Doug has emerging talents like Fulgham and Miles but starts Alshon over Fulgham and makes Wentz throw with no running game to keep defenses from bull rushing the depleted line. We are 3-8-1, why are we so set on finishing off the year strong when we know we will get pummeled in the playoffs and be stuck with a mid round pick that Howie will screw up... The change needs to be Howie and if Doug refuses to re do his coaching staff since we are simply unable to develop talent other than at the OL position, then he needs to go too.

We all know and agree on what i said above, but what do the Eagles do? They decide to bench Carson because the offense isn't moving... If Jalen Hurts wasn't mobile, how many plays would he have made? Isn't it the coaches job to scheme for the players they have??? And doug has the nerve to say they have to be more balanced with Hurts... where was the balance when Carson was in there? 

I get most of that and agree with most of the beginning. You're totally right with Doug and Howie but Wentz has been bad to the core. I'm not totally throwing in the towel yet. We have a small window to move him if we can't that's cool as long as there's new coaches and a GM. Wentz can't be here with Doug and Howie going forward. Lurie will have to pick very quickly into the new league year. We only have what 3 days to trade Wentz to avoid the last 3 years of the deal on our cap. Well know soon enough what we're getting into next year. 

I'm still very open to seeing and giving hurts the remaining games to see what we got and would be cool with him stealing the job going into the future. I'll never root for our guys to fail in a way that it'll ruin their careers. I might secretly hope for a great draft pick though lol

I'm hoping Hurts sucks. It'll be further proof in my head that Doug is just a useless Head Coach, and that Carson could very well actually be redeemable. I won't hold my breath, but oh yeah it would be nice to also have that top 5 pick in the draft too.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'm hoping Hurts sucks. It'll be further proof in my head that Doug is just a useless Head Coach, and that Carson could very well actually be redeemable. I won't hold my breath, but oh yeah it would be nice to also have that top 5 pick in the draft too.

oh no way does our offense look magically good the guys dont look like they know whats going on out there.

I mean there will definitely be downside to Hurts succeeding:

• further implying Wentz, our franchise QB, is indeed trash.
  • potentially saving Doug and/or Howie's job
  • hurting draft status

Ultimately I want to see him play well, he is an Eagle and we spent a 2nd round pick on him. I love Carson but I'm an Eagles fan before I'm a Carson fan. However, his ceiling is Dak Prescott, which is fine but I whole heartedly believed Wentz's ceiling was a top tier QB (obviously before the season). I don't exactly want to get hitched to a QB who doesn't really have what it takes to be elite in this league, and Hurts is probably only a valuable asset, in the best case scenario (Dak), while he's on his rookie deal. Would rather go out and find a QB with a top pick in 2021 if Wentz is beyond repair and we continue to struggle. So it would make it much easier to just fully rebuild in 2021 if Hurts also sucks.

Best case scenario these next few weeks is for Hurts to plays well enough to show he was worth a 2nd round pick and could be a starter in this league, but not so well we win.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

oh no way does our offense look magically good the guys dont look like they know whats going on out there.

Not look, they literally don't know whats going on. I've never in my life seen so many screen plays where players are legitimately going in the wrong direction, or don't even know it's a screen to begin with. 

9 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Not look, they literally don't know whats going on. I've never in my life seen so many screen plays where players are legitimately going in the wrong direction, or don't even know it's a screen to begin with. 

Maybe Jalen not being able to audible will help everyone will know what the one play is

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Doug seemed like the happiest he's been all year today. Is that because he doesn't like Carson or knows he's gonna get fired and is relieved?

Probably both. I think he's had it out for Carson ever since the NFCCG in 2017

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Probably both. I think he's had it out for Carson ever since the NFCCG in 2017

I agree - I've always felt like Carson is Lurie's guy and Doug really doesn't care for him. He always seemed more excited when Nick was playing and he seems more excited now. 

On 12/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, eagles18 said:

His press conference was extremely insensitive. I hope he gets injured. He thinks he’s some God sent to Philly to save us. Enemy #1 for me 

This is the kind of garbage I expect to see on Twitter/Reddit but not here. What an absolute joke of a comment. 

"EnEMy #1 FoR mE" 

43 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I agree - I've always felt like Carson is Lurie's guy and Doug really doesn't care for him. He always seemed more excited when Nick was playing and he seems more excited now. 

There is a lot of talk about Carson being really involved in the offense and what plays the team has in it maybe Doug doesnt like the plays carson does?

17 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

There is a lot of talk about Carson being really involved in the offense and what plays the team has in it maybe Doug doesnt like the plays carson does?

That would make sense, too. Just seems like the Doug/Carson thing isn't working and hasn't worked for quite a bit.