Jalen Hurts named Starting QB (Week 14)

Jroc04

Someone mentioned before that Wentz was a Lurie guy...

What if Wentz is a Howie guy and DougP likes other QBs who actually run his offense the way its designed? 

I smell schism! 

All this recycled news coming back to light about Wentz being stubborn and not running the offense. Oh but wait isn't this offense somewhat new to Carson with all these new offensive coaches? Perhaps this new offense doesn't fit Carson? 

I could totally see Lurie bringing everyone back Doug has too much clout.... I could see Lurie demanding Howie get a football guy in to help with personnel decisions. 

EDIT: I'm a little concerned the offense will have to be catered to him like at Oklahoma/Bama. I think the key is making the necessary plays when they present themselves like a Josh Allen. AND play great Defense. 

Perhaps NFL teams should look to that as the next phase, which would devalue the QB position some.  Its great for a change up but having the ability to have both systems would be 1 step ahead. 

Edited by nlesthought

2 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Someone mentioned before that Wentz was a Lurie guy...

What if Wentz is a Howie guy and DougP likes other QBs who actually run his offense the way its designed? 

I smell schism! 

All this recycled news coming back to light about Wentz being stubborn and not running the offense. Oh but wait isn't this offense somewhat new to Carson with all these new offensive coaches? Perhaps this new offense doesn't fit Carson? 

I could totally see Lurie bringing everyone back Doug has too much clout.... I could see Lurie demanding Howie get a football guy in to help with personnel decisions. 

If howie was a wentz guy why did he draft jalen?

27 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

that was a backtrack comment to a confusing selection.

Or it was Howie thinking he's 1 step ahead of everyone else. 

EDIT:  That's been his MO since the very beginning. Thinking he's ahead of his peers. 

Edited by nlesthought

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Willie Mcginnest said 2 rushing and 2 passing for Hurts against the Saints. Philly go nuts in a good way if that happened

Dumb take, but not surprised as it’s Willie.

Expectations should be tempered for this game with one of the best defenses in the league and our o-line and lack of separation. If Hurts even has a decent game against the Saints that would be a success. He’s probably gonna need to break the pocket and run for it quite a bit.

Not surprising but I disagree with all of you. Wentz is a Pederson guy, not sure why you all are naming Lurie/Howie?

It was Pederson who is , was and always has been tied to the hip to Carson. Wanted Carson over Goff, not the other way around. The fact it took this long to bench Wentz for "Howie's New Guy" Hurts suggests that?

Just because Carson like most FQB wants a say, wants the ability to audible doesnt mean Pederson hates him, doesn't want him as his QB, wants Hurts.

Pederson has done everything in his power to protect Wentz , to a fault.  As a play caller and HC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not surprising but I disagree with all of you. Wentz is a Pederson guy, not sure why you all are naming Lurie/Howie?

It was Pederson who is , was and always has been tied to the hip to Carson. Wanted Carson over Goff, not the other way around. The fact it took this long to bench Wentz for "Howie's New Guy" Hurts suggests that?

Just because Carson like most FQB wants a say, wants the ability to audible doesnt mean Pederson hates him, doesn't want him as his QB, wants Hurts.

Pederson has done everything in his power to protect Wentz , to a fault.  As a play caller and HC. 

You have to wait to bench Carson because you need Lurie and Howie to sign off on it.