Jalen Hurts named Starting QB (Week 14)

Jroc04

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You don’t know that’s true. Also, roll outs and stuff like that would help prevent him from getting hit and keep the defense guessing. They wouldn’t be able to just pin their ears back as much and know where his drop will usually be if they moved the pocket more. You can’t be afraid to let Wentz get hit either. If that’s Pederson’s excuse for not doing it more than that is pathetic. He was getting hammered in the pocket more than any other QB in the league anyways behind this o-line. At least give him some help in that regard. There’s only so much Stoutland could do this year with all the injuries and ever changing OL groupings. I can’t really put much blame on him. 

I don't think this is the case anymore. They have called designed QB runs with Wentz this year, they never would have done that in the past. Protecting the health of Wentz has been the #1 priority in the past. It isn't prioritized anymore with Wentz playing awful. If Wentz is playing bad then they aren't going to be worried about protecting him as much because an injury wouldn't be costly anymore. 

22 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't think this is the case anymore. They have called designed QB runs with Wentz this year, they never would have done that in the past. Protecting the health of Wentz has been the #1 priority in the past. It isn't prioritized anymore with Wentz playing awful. If Wentz is playing bad then they aren't going to be worried about protecting him as much because an injury wouldn't be costly anymore. 

I mean we didn't do designed runs for Wentz much, but yeah we did it, so that's a fair point.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

What would be your logical reason for Pederson's refusal to call those types of play for Wentz if not for fear of injury? He simply isn't concerned with Hurts. Scared to death with Wentz!

Honestly I just don't think Pederson is that great of a play caller. I don't know why he does half the stuff he does.

Nothing has made much sense since we won the Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean we didn't do designed runs for Wentz much, but yeah we did it, so that's a fair point.

Wentz isn't really the type of athlete they need to design any runs for. The fact that they called a few tells me that they were looking for any possible means of production and aren't that worried about his health anymore.