Bowler's Blow it up mock off season

Bowler1215

Fire Pace and Nagy

Hire John Dorsey as GM.  Rumor is he want's to come back as a GM and he'll only do it if one guy is his head coach.

Hire Eric Bieniemy as head coach.  He's the guy everyone wants as their head coach.  Maybe if the McCaskeys spent a few bucks on an actual GM and HC, we'd be winning more than losing

Cut:

Allen Robinson-he wants to go

Mitch Trubisky-like Cutler and Grossman goes from playing great to god awful to just ok.  Difference here is MT does it on every possession, not every game. 

Buster Skrine-obvious cut is obvious

Charles Leno-another obvious cut

Corrarrelle Patterson-his contract is up and is mainly good on kick returns

Demitrius Harris-hasn't done anything

Barkevious Mingo-Personally, I'm ok if we resign him but here he's gone

John Jenkins-like Mingo, I'm ok if we do resign him, but here he's gone

Dwayne Harris

Daniel McCullers

Resign:

Roy Robertson-Harris 2 years good player and we can use the depth

Deon Bush 2 years good depth

Germain Ifedi 2 years

Sherrick McManis 2 years awesome special teamer

Artie Burns 1 year

Brent Urban 2 years

DeAndre Houston-Carson-ST and DB depth

FA signings:

OLB Matt Judon 4 years   If Baltimore lets him go, we gotta get him.  Judon and Mack will give opponents nightmares

WR T.Y.Hilton 3 years  Robinson is gone and the rest of our WRs haven't done much(although Mooney might be solid) A good WR will be good for our new QB

Draft Bears pick 10 overall  3rd rounder traded back for 3rd and 5th

1 QB Zach Wilson-we need a QB of the future

2 LT Liam Eichenberg Leno is gone and we need to protect our QB

3 DT  Tedarrell Slaton Our run D took a massive hit when Goldman opted out this year. 

5 DB Ar'Darius Washington has played both safety and nickle, a possible steal here

5 TE Jake Ferguson with Kmet and Graham for one more year, we're set at TE for a couple years.

6 DE Khyiris Tonga depth

6 RT Austin Deculus Massie is ok, but we can improve there. 

• Like 1

Jesus man enough with the "McCaskey's need to spend" stuff. They spend. They just stink at picking GM's and HC's.

Also, not "everyone" wants Bienemy. I mean, how can you say everyone wants him if literally no one has ever wanted him? I wouldn't think the Bears would go to the Chiefs well again, either.

Hard to say Judon and Mack would give nightmares. We said the same about Mack and Quinn.

I do like the draft. 

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2

Ya I don't want Bieniemy either nor do I think he'd even want to come here.

If we're going to take another Chiefs coach I'm going Dave Toub otherwise forget it.

I like the effort on the offseason but I think you need more investments in the OL. This looks like a Pace kind of OL offseason lol

As far as the draft I actually like it if Wilson is available.

QB - check

OT - check

DL - check I've been a fan of Slaton and I think Slaton - Godman - Hicks would really let Smith roam free and let Mack pin his ears back more rather than playing the run as a primary focus. Plus as you noted a big depth boost there too, and may be Hicks' heir.

TY is fried, doesn’t have #1 numbers left to offer nor maybe even 2. Goldman opted out but didn’t retire. TE isn’t a glaring need that needs to be addressed in the draft, soon Kmet will be the 1 despite an average rookie season so all we need is a good blocking 2 in FA. O-line needs to be the focus in draft and FA. Everything else looks okay. 

I am pretty impressed with Carolina this year, even though their stats are middle of the pack. They have average talent like us but still remain in the middle in pass yards and rush yards in the league. A couple more years and Joe Brady could be a good look. 

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I don't want any more KC offensive assistants; Andy Reid is a GOD.

Mahomes holds Andy’s jock. He’s the reason why he has a Super Bowl ring.

I’m sick of people loving a guy who went to one super bowl and lost a million playoff games before Mahomes.

He’s a good coach but he’s not Bellick.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Nobody is Bill Belichick (greatest ever).

Reid wins 62.8% of his games over the course of 348 games. That's insane; he's a Hall of Fame coach.

And that was with a mix of McNabb, Foles, Vick, Smith and Mahomes compared to 95% of Bill's wins in NE being with Brady. 

Nothing to sneeze at. 

• Like 2

Bienemy doesn’t really move the needle for me.  He comes from the same tree Nagy did, and he’s got the best QB in the game playing for him.  I don’t really know how much influence EB actually has on that offense.

I’d like to keep Patterson provided he is primarily a kick returner with a few reps at WR.  

I agree with Tyty on TY in that i don’t think he’d be worth it.  He’s already 31 years old and declining.

As for the draft, im not going to pretend that I’m some draftnik.  But i like the positions you’re drafting for the most part.  Only thing I’d change is that I’d prefer interior OL in the 3rd and move DT to the next pick. 

If I’m in charge of the bears, this off-season would be dedicated to QB and OL.  Maybe I’ll work on a mock soon, it’s been a few years since I’ve done one.

• Like 1

Hi,

I am new to the forum . Dorsey has red flags at the last two stops. Good evaluator but kind of hard to work with per hub arkush.

I do like the cuts that were recommended but ifedi is bad and he should be gone.The interior is not the problem but the offensive tackles. Barr was going to be a 2-4 rd pick before he got hurt. You have mustipher and history says an fa rookie can become great center aka hilgenberg. They had great coaching at Nd when heinsted was there. He was smart to bring them as undrafted rookies here. He got blame for the ol but we know that’s a scheme and a Nagy problem. They currently workout with kreutz and study with him per Olin. Whitehair is bad at center. Never should of gave him that money early.  You need to draft tackles with two of the first three picks. 

The last two seasons have been wasted because of Nagy and paces combined effort of ineptitude. The Eagles playoff loss showed our tackles were bad and were never upgraded . Nagy ruined Trubisky by not running the offense of 2018 or the one they ran vs Gb and Detroit the last couple of weeks. Never modified the offense to the qbs skills or talent on the offensive side. Never should of benched Trubisky. Everyone knew foles was a statue and had the best ol in the NFL the year of super bowl. Wasted games because of bad decisions by Nagy.

I don’t think bienemy would come here. Maybe you interview Grady at the panthers, the oc of the Buffalo bills.

my choice is Jim harbaugh. Runs a diverse power o offense with west coast concepts and college concepts . Years ago he built an offense around a mobile qb in kap. Was doing it before it became popular. I always wonder what Mitch would do in this system. Nagy wanted to be their friends. Harbaugh knows the demands and how to win. He Won’t take **** from the players. He can recommend a gm he wants to work with. 

They can bounce back next year fast.

your friend Brahmabull 

On 12/8/2020 at 3:04 PM, Bowler1215 said:

Maybe if the McCaskeys spent a few bucks on an actual GM and HC, we'd be winning more than losing

Glad to see someone else sees it. 

On 12/8/2020 at 3:26 PM, WindyCity said:

You cannot spend 60 million on 3 OLBs.

Yep, we're stuck with Quinn unless we can somehow persuade another team trade for him. Or convince Quinn to take a pay cut after only 1 year. Which is highly unlikely. The only other option after that is to cut him and eat the loss.