Antonio Gibson Injury

RSkinGM

He could be out a few games with turf toe. LIkely will. I thought we had a running back or two on the practice squad-seems we don't. Are we gonna make do with just two backs ? Must be some retread out there we can use . Covid rules - forgot about that . Guess we just have to make do. 

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

He could be out a few games with turf toe. LIkely will. I thought we had a running back or two on the practice squad-seems we don't. Are we gonna make do with just two backs ? Must be some retread out there we can use . Covid rules - forgot about that . Guess we just have to make do. 

Javon Leake is on our practice squad. We could sign Josh Ferguson who we had in the offseason and last season towards the end of the year.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Press Conference: Head Coach Ron Rivera | December 7, 2020

No update on Gibson at the 8:18 mark. "I have not talked to the trainers yet"

That’s baffling, why the hell hadn’t he talked to the trainers yet about his 2nd best offensive players injury? WTF

I admire Ron’s tough coaching style and leadership but he has been sorely lacking in decision making this season.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s baffling, why the hell hadn’t he talked to the trainers yet about his 2nd best offensive players injury? WTF

I admire Ron’s tough coaching style and leadership but he has been sorely lacking in decision making this season.

He is Bellachick like with his injury update doesnt want to give anyone an upper hand

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 4209 said:

That's what I thought. Man I would have been checking on Gibson every hour. Just joking but seriously I definitely would have had and update at some point before the press conference.

I’m sure he is but rules say you don’t have to update status until weds days I’m pretty sure

5 hours ago, Woz said:

If it is in fact turf toe, that's a nasty little injury. You think you can go ... and then you try ... and you can't ... and in the process you exacerbate it and push your recovery time that much further back.

Honestly, I'm with @Vladimir L on this one: park him.

Exactly id especially sit him on a short week. I’d even keep him light until that next Sunday at the earliest I’d give him his time!!! We don’t need to RG this kids foot!!! He’s a big guy we don’t need this lingering!!!

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Javon Leake is on our practice squad. We could sign Josh Ferguson who we had in the offseason and last season towards the end of the year.

Leake is on the reserve Covid list. No sure what his status is currently .

• NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Antonio Gibson (toe) is unlikely to play in Week 14 against the 49ers.

Gibson lasted just four snaps on Tuesday night with a "painful case of turf toe." With Washington playing on a short week, his status is in doubt for a matchup with the 49ers in five days. J.D. McKissic will see a larger role if Gibson misses time, with Peyton Barber taking over on early downs. Gibson was averaging 67 yards per game and 5.6 YPC over the last six weeks before going down.

SOURCE: NFL Network
    Dec 9, 2020, 9:13 AM ET

•  

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Exactly id especially sit him on a short week. I’d even keep him light until that next Sunday at the earliest I’d give him his time!!! We don’t need to RG this kids foot!!! He’s a big guy we don’t need this lingering!!!

Yeap you have to sit him 

10 hours ago, Woz said:

If it is in fact turf toe, that's a nasty little injury. You think you can go ... and then you try ... and you can't ... and in the process you exacerbate it and push your recovery time that much further back.

Honestly, I'm with @Vladimir L on this one: park him.

Turf toe can easily be aggravated. Just depends on what grade the injury is. May have to miss the rest of the season.