Antonio Gibson Injury

RSkinGM

My top pick would probably be Wendell Smallwood. The Steelers have apparently been consistently protecting him, but as I understand it, that protection only starts at the beginning of the week or something like that, so there’s a window.

Anyway, the reason I prefer him is that he’s a reliable pass-catching back and a quality special-teamer. That means he can be insurance for McKissic — by far the more important and less replaceable of the two backs  in my opinion — and he can step in for Barber in his ST role, as I’m sure they don’t want their “lead back” out there covering kicks. He’s got some familiarity with the organization, which would probably ease the transition as well.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we were going to add a player, would definitely prefer to poach someone from a practice squad rather than pick up a street FA, for a couple reasons. You have to figure the PS guy is at least in NFL shape, and perhaps it’s easier to get him through the COVID protocols since he’s already been subject to them on his previous team. 

It’s pretty slim pickins as far as familiar names on the PS lists around the league. Lamar Miller (formerly of MIA and HOU) is on the CHI practice squad, Paul Perkins (formerly of NYG) is on the IND practice squad, Alex Collins (formerly of BAL) is on the SEA practice squad, Wendell Smallwood (formerly of PHI and here) is on the PIT practice squad. Then you’ve got some guys who were somewhat interesting recent prospects, like John Kelly, DJ Foster, Darius Anderson, Elijah Holyfield, Mike Weber. In terms of personal connections, there’s also Craig Reynolds, who was here for a while, and street FA Jordan Scarlett, who got a couple carries for Carolina last year. 

I think they have to add someone. They can’t just go with Barber and McKissic, the risk of injury to at least one is too great — and the detriment to the offense would be significant. Neither one of them can really do the job of the other, which is what makes Gibson so great, because he can handle both roles. 

Smallwood was fine for us last year except as @Jeezy Fanatic said, he hurts our rep with the ladies.

Alex Collins is a good RB, but has fumbling issues.

Mike Webber has potential. He was a good RB at Ohio State.

I wouldn’t mind Lamar Miller but injuries and age have caught up to him, but at least he has a lot of experience and he’s a good receiver too.

Edited by turtle28

13 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Michael Warren U of Cincy R B signed to Practice Squad. 

Interesting. Spent a couple days on the Panthers practice squad earlier this year. 

That’s how you know Rivera is really committed to the ex-Panthers thing, now they’re signing former Carolina guys who weren’t even there when he was! 😂

• Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

Interesting. Spent a couple days on the Panthers practice squad earlier this year. 

That’s how you know Rivera is really committed to the ex-Panthers thing, now they’re signing former Carolina guys who weren’t even there when he was! 😂

WAY OVERBOARD on this Carolina thing! 🙄

Just now, e16bball said:

still has connections. Probably got a good report on him .

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

Let’s just say he’s a little bit more Peyton Barber than JD McKissic. 

Beast!! Supers explosive amazing at feeling through the thick and has burst def doesn’t have the top top end speed but who cares.he was a good prospect. 

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

At the least he can dive into what Rhule is doing. 😂😂😂 carolina has played well this year but I’m sure he knows the player though or Kyle should for sure

Edited by ripsean21

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

At the least he can dive into what Rhule is doing. 😂😂😂 carolina has played well this year but I’m sure he knows the player though or Kyle should for sure

Yeah, I mean if Kyle doesn’t know who Warren is that’s a major problem. He was one of the most productive running backs in college football his junior and senior years: 2594 yards & 33 TDs rushing. 46 recs, 385 yards & 3 TDs receiving.

I like @4209’s comp of Warren to Alfred Morris. It would be nice if he shows enough where they’d want to keep him over Barber next year but I think that’s a long shot.

Just watched Javon Leake You Tube hilights. Damn impressive ( as all hilights are ) but he has a burst when he sees an opening ! Good kick returner . I hope he sees the field Sunday . He avg'd like 8 yards a carry at Maryland . It would be exciting to see what he shows ! 

• Like 1