Week 14: Packers at Loins

packfanfb

Packers back on the road after taking care of business at home the last 2 weeks. Division game with potentially the divisional crown at stake. A win at Detroit, coupled with a loss by the Vikings (at Tampa) would clinch MLF's second North Division title in as many years. Here we go. 

What: Bevell's Lions v. Pettine's Packers

Darrell Bevell

National Football League GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

When: 4:25 EST (or 3:25 CST for you cretins living in central time world)

Where: Some field named after a bad car manufacturer. 

Never forget that Bevell made one of the best calls in NFL history: 

Super Bowl Years GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Let's dance. 

Green Bay Football GIF - Find & Share on GIPHYGreen Bay Football GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Animated Green Bay Packers | Animated GIF: Ndamukong Suh Stomps Green Bay  Packers Lineman | Green bay packers, Ndamukong suh, Packers

Packers vs. Lions: Score, Grades and Analysis | Bleacher Report | Latest  News, Videos and Highlights

Aaron Rodgers' Amazing Hail Mary: The Miracle in Motown! | Packers vs. Lions  | NFL on Make a GIF

Micah Hyde Burns Lions On Punt Return, Packers Take 7-0 Lead

Packers at Lions: Tramon Williams shoves ref after Lions TD (GIF)

Green Bay Packers Football GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by packfanfb

This should hopefully be the last game played on unholy carpet under an ungodly dome. The rest of the contests will be under the great sky as the manitous intended. 

I do hope Austin can enjoy one on the carpet. He’s built for that kind of track and this could be a good game to make a debut. 

Edited by Refugee

This is a spring-board game for the Packers IMO. If we win, I think we end the regular season on a hot streak and win out. I like the way we are playing at home and I think we'll take the Titans in a close one. Also not afraid of the Bears because that offense sucks and even the Bears defense can't stop Rodgers right now. That leaves this game as our potential "hiccup" game. Detroit typically plays the Packers tough at home, and Stafford is the wildcard. Easily the most talented QB left that we'll face in the regular season. It'll be interesting to see whether Golladay plays or not (he's been out several weeks now). If he does, it's a potential game-changer, if not, the Lions should be limited in their vertical passing game. 

Last 5 games at Detroit: 

2015: GB 27 - Det 23 (Hail Mary game so we were basically beaten, until we weren't. At the time GB was 7-4 and Detroit was 4-7). 

2016: GB 31 - Det 24 (Last game of the season, both teams were 9-6 at the time - definitely the best game we've played there the last few years). 

2017: Det 35 - GB 11 (Brett Hundley was the QB = we get blown out)

2018: Det 31 - GB 23 (A poor performance in Detroit, Packers were down 24-0 at half. Detroit was 1-3 at the time, Packers 2-1-1). 

2019: GB 23 - Det 20 (Packers win on a Crosby FG with 0.00 left against Detroit's 3rd string QB. GB was 12-3 and Detroit was 3-11-1 at the time)

If the past 5 years tell us anything, it's that the Packers-Lions game in Detroit is far from a sure thing for GB. In the last 5 games, we were a 60 yard hail mary and a last second FG against a 3rd string QB away from being 1-4 in our last 5 trips. In other words, I know the Packers are 9-3 and the Lions are 5-7, but I think you can throw the records out the window on this one. It's probably going to be a tight game, one where turnovers may be the difference. 

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is a spring-board game for the Packers IMO. If we win, I think we end the regular season on a hot streak and win out. I like the way we are playing at home and I think we'll take the Titans in a close one. Also not afraid of the Bears because that offense sucks and even the Bears defense can't stop Rodgers right now. That leaves this game as our potential "hiccup" game. Detroit typically plays the Packers tough at home, and Stafford is the wildcard. Easily the most talented QB left that we'll face in the regular season. It'll be interesting to see whether Golladay plays or not (he's been out several weeks now). If he does, it's a potential game-changer, if not, the Lions should be limited in their vertical passing game. 

Last 5 games at Detroit: 

2015: GB 27 - Det 23 (Hail Mary game so we were basically beaten, until we weren't. At the time GB was 7-4 and Detroit was 4-7). 

2016: GB 31 - Det 24 (Last game of the season, both teams were 9-6 at the time - definitely the best game we've played there the last few years). 

2017: Det 35 - GB 11 (Brett Hundley was the QB = we get blown out)

2018: Det 31 - GB 23 (A poor performance in Detroit, Packers were down 24-0 at half. Detroit was 1-3 at the time, Packers 2-1-1). 

2019: GB 23 - Det 20 (Packers win on a Crosby FG with 0.00 left against Detroit's 3rd string QB. GB was 12-3 and Detroit was 3-11-1 at the time)

If the past 5 years tell us anything, it's that the Packers-Lions game in Detroit is far from a sure thing for GB. In the last 5 games, we were a 60 yard hail mary and a last second FG against a 3rd string QB away from being 1-4 in our last 5 trips. In other words, I know the Packers at 9-3 and the Lions are 5-7, but I think you can throw the records out the window on this one. It's probably going to be a tight game, one where turnovers may be the difference. 

tenor.gif

We will win by 100.

• Like 1