Week 7 GDT: Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers

DaBoys

D-Law should continue to play LDE basically all year. The 49ers are lining up Trent Brown at RT, who I can't say I know much about, but I'm guessing he's closer to a Hart/Watson/Veldheer type player that Lawrence has destroyed rather than a Havenstein/Bulaga level one who's been able to mostly contain him. Irving should wreck that interior, too.

I also want to point out that CJ Beathard and George Kittle have A+-caliber names.

edit: SF fans think Brown is better than Staley? Wow... guess we'll see.

Here is a question, perhaps someone can answer. If our O line is struggling because of LG and RT being (Cooper or flavor of the month at LG) and Collins at RT, where he clearly cannot play well. 

Why don't we minimize our weakness by putting Collins back inside at LG and then we only have RT to worry about? Whoever we put out there we can plug in a FB or TE to help him out. At least 4/5ths of the line will be dominant again. As it is we have a swinging door for an O line. Seems 1 hole is easier to fix than 2.

6 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Here is a question, perhaps someone can answer. If our O line is struggling because of LG and RT being (Cooper or flavor of the month at LG) and Collins at RT, where he clearly cannot play well. 

Why don't we minimize our weakness by putting Collins back inside at LG and then we only have RT to worry about? Whoever we put out there we can plug in a FB or TE to help him out. At least 4/5ths of the line will be dominant again. As it is we have a swinging door for an O line. Seems 1 hole is easier to fix than 2.

Well, for one, Collins wasn’t some sort of world beater at LG. People like to remember his absurd plays in space against Seattle and Green Bay as a rookie but there were plenty of bad snaps between those. We can’t forget that the run game last year didn’t really take off until Leary came in for an injured LC.

On top of that, I think the idea that Collins clearly can’t play RT is an overreaction after 5 career starts there. I think he’s slowly improving. He’s still wildly inconsistent and not great overall, but I think the idea that he’s a bottom-3 RT or whatever PFF has him rated as is nonsense. Constant reshuffling probably isn’t going to help him considering the major differences in technique between LG and RT and the lack of practice time teams have available.

Basically, I think the decision for 2017 has been made at RT, and this is something you revisit in the offseason.

19 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Patience. Collins can so play RT and has done quite well over past 2 games. Dallas needs to stick to Cooper at LG and I think they do moving forward. He's more reliable health wise and at the minimum equal to Green ability wise.  

How the hell do I post a section of an article? Where It's got like a quote box or something around it like the old site? 

Anyways:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/10/18/6-days-sunday-awuzie-held-out-hamstring-issue-49ers-covering-punts

That's the URL

Rookie defensive back Chidobe Awuzie was listed once again as “Did Not Practice” on Wednesday with a hamstring injury that has bothered him since training camp

^And That's the section I wanted to post.

Rookie defensive back Chidobe Awuzie was listed once again as “Did Not Practice” on Wednesday with a hamstring injury that has bothered him since training camp. Awuzie was on the field with the team early in the session but didn’t participate in the team drills. He missed more than two weeks of camp and then returned for a game, only to re-injure his hamstring in Week 2 against the Broncos. After missing two more games, Awuzie returned to face the Packers, where he lined up at both cornerback and safety. It’ll be interesting to see if the Cowboys were limiting Awuzie for Wednesday, only to ease him into action later this week. (Full Injury Report)

Man, hammies suck. Medical redshirt. Crazy to think with all the therapeutic measures available they can't seem to figure these out. 

Sorry @DaBoys but this will be your last game day thread of the year

Niners D is going to show up this week, along with an intolerant amount of cowboy fans at my stadium, who are all going to leave like 'did we really just lose to this win-less team?'

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Sorry @DaBoys but this will be your last game day thread of the year

Niners D is going to show up this week, along with an intolerant amount of cowboy fans at my stadium, who are all going to leave like 'did we really just lose to this win-less team?'

Nobody is falling for your BS. EVERYBODY knows you have lost more games by 3 points or less than any other team in recent history. This is NOT a trap game. 

This is a rivalry.

Zeke isn't up to par. The line is leaking. Dak is forced to do to much. 

Not to mention you nearly beat us last year.

Idk... I just have a feeling you are catching us at a bad time.

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 9:17 AM, WizardHawk said:

Man, hammies suck. Medical redshirt. Crazy to think with all the therapeutic measures available they can't seem to figure these out. 

How you gonna post this and not answer the post directly above?

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

How you gonna post this and not answer the post directly above?

You mean comment on SF fan thinking his dirt team is going to win? With that junk defense and a rookie QB....isn't going to happen. 

Back to the Cooper/Green debate quick....

Someone posted on twitter some Zeke stats with Green starting vs Cooper. Zeke avg. 3.42 with Green vs. 4.1 with Coop. Coop has faced Donald/Brockers/Clark, Green  played vs. Snacks/Wolfe/Peko.  

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

You mean comment on SF fan thinking his dirt team is going to win? With that junk defense and a rookie QB....isn't going to happen. 

Back to the Cooper/Green debate quick....

Someone posted on twitter some Zeke stats with Green starting vs Cooper. Zeke avg. 3.42 with Green vs. 4.1 with Coop. Coop has faced Donald/Brockers/Clark, Green  played vs. Snacks/Wolfe/Peko.  

Go Coop! 

30 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Was really hoping Neal would be called up

Maybe they are putting a premium on run defense? Because let's be honest, Collins, Irving, and maybe even Crawford are probably going to get most of the inside snaps, and we have been using 3 man fronts with only 1 DT a lot this year. If that last DT is taking snaps it's probably in a goal to go, or short yardage situation. Ash is 6'3" 330 Lbs. While Neal is 6'0" 290. Neal probably offers more, much more, in pass rush but idk if this role will provide those opportunities.

Archived