• Jets vs Seahawks
    • Saints vs Eagles
    • Packers vs Lions
    • Washington vs 49ers
    • Falcons vs Chargers
    • Steelers vs Bills
    • Ravens vs Browns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2020 at 05:30 AM

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So Hill losing his speed and/or leaving the team. Yep, I guess you're right, that will change so much. Hill is extremely valuable.

I'm honestly the sports fans version of shell shocked with this KC team. Biggest threat to our 'dynasty' and its legacy, IMO. Over Manning and the Colts, Manning and the Broncos, Harbaugh's Ravens, The Steelers etc.

I hate the bastard, but he is one of the best (Minus QB )game changer I have seen in 50+ years. IMO there's only a few I think was better was Rice and Darrell Revis Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White . I'm taking about the effect he has on the teams overall  success and the effect on the opponent.

My comment are not meant to hijack this thread talking who's better players  like Moss, Walter or Sanders

Edited by m haynes

Ok  This could be the end of Carson Wentz.   Can Philly get rid of him. I read they could trade him with draft choices to a team willing to take on his contract.  I wonder if BB would make this move. Lets say for argument sake.  Philly trades him with a 2nd pick and a 3rd 2022.

Yes I know he stinks now but there was a time he was real good. BB feels he can work him, back to the player he once was before he fell apart.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/12/carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-whats-next-jalen-hurts-contract-dead-cap

Edited by m haynes

16 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Ok  This could be the end of Carson Wentz.   Can Philly get rid of him. I read they could trade him with draft choices to a team willing to take on his contract.  I wonder if BB would make this move. Lets say for argument sake.  Philly trades him with a 2nd pick and a 3rd 2022.

Yes I know he stinks now but there was a time he was real good. BB feels he can work him, back to the player he once was before he fell apart.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/12/carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-whats-next-jalen-hurts-contract-dead-cap

You should be banned for this post. 

4 years huh.. i wonder what it would take to make that worth it. If this were the NBA I could see someone taking him if you package him with some great pieces to get rid of the contract but I doubt that ever happens in the NFL. 

Would it be worth taking him if the Eagles gave you a 2nd and 3rd? and have him be an awful bridge QB for a year.. fun to think about but given BB's track record with 2nd rounders .. not worth lol

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

With Wentz, it's not just the player....it's that contract. You take on so much don't you?

Here the way I look at Wentz.

1. Huge gamble, huge reward.

2. BB and JM  Determine that he has the skills and they can turn him around.

3. Only two years guaranteed. I look at it as 1 year because whoever they bring in next year will not move needle any closer to the SB. To many holes on the roster next year to win.  They draft a rookie he sits, they sign a FA and they pay through the nose and are on the hook for major cap with no guarantee they will win. IMO it's a waste to pay any 2021 FA QB because none of them will win with the 2021 roster and you just blew all your cap space to improve it. the best FA, Prescott. To pay him more than a buck is to much!

While a team that trades for Wentz would essentially have him on a four-year, $98.4 million deal ($24.6 million per year) with only two years guaranteed, 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/should-patriots-be-willing-trade-carson-wentz?int

I don't have a answer if this is good or bad. We have to trust BB will make the right choice. Me personally, I would not be upset if it happens, especially if he get him with draft choices. Yes I know CW is awful but I think its his head and not his physical tools. We talking about a MVP that now looks like he never played the game. Game plan just like they did with Jimmy and Brissett build his confidence and hope he gains his form.

I'm not sure if any of you watch Plunkett with the Pats. There was no way IMO he would ever play again , he was beaten brutally physically and mentally . He later joins the Raiders, now he's a 2 time SB Champ. Yes I understand it took a couple years for him to get back but your can't compare the two. That like comparing a scratch to a gun shot wound.

Look I'm just giving everyone the other side of the coin. BB makes the trade,  I will not be one screaming for his head.  

Edited by m haynes

I think Wentz is the worst QB in the league now (out of those 'starting' most of season). I don't think he's a viable reclamation project. Managed to get away with it for a while, but it's caught up with him. There was only every a period of a few weeks that he looked that good anyway.

He does throw ball better than Cam, but he's just a turnover machine (more than Cam) and far more expensive

Edited by Hunter2_1