Bengals place OT Jonah Williams on IR with knee injury

RaidersAreOne

I would really need to know the severity of the injury before making any judgments, but certainly not a good look. The thing is though, at a certain point, bad teams just start shelving guys for the year if they are just going to miss a couple of weeks to try and get them healthy for the next season...meanwhile helping their draft positioning lol. The 49ers when Shanny first got here would put sooooooooo many guys on IR with injuries that you'd look at and go, "wait, he's going to miss 8 weeks with that?", so I'd need more specifics. 

But two straight injured seasons for Williams is kind of a disaster. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would really need to know the severity of the injury before making any judgments, but certainly not a good look. The thing is though, at a certain point, bad teams just start shelving guys for the year if they are just going to miss a couple of weeks to try and get them healthy for the next season...meanwhile helping their draft positioning lol. The 49ers when Shanny first got here would put sooooooooo many guys on IR with injuries that you'd look at and go, "wait, he's going to miss 8 weeks with that?", so I'd need more specifics. 

But two straight injured seasons for Williams is kind of a disaster. 

If it is the reported/speculated sprained MCL, that's still a 3-4 week recovery time, and there's 4 games left, so...............

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

If it is the reported/speculated sprained MCL, that's still a 3-4 week recovery time, and there's 4 games left, so...............

Yeah, and see, I wouldn't be worried about that long term, so that doesn't bother me. Still not a good look with regards to long term outlook regarding the ability to stay healthy, but I'm not concerned about this injury sapping any ability or anything like that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, and see, I wouldn't be worried about that long term, so that doesn't bother me. Still not a good look with regards to long term outlook regarding the ability to stay healthy, but I'm not concerned about this injury sapping any ability or anything like that. 

Me either.  I'm not willing to call a guy injury prone because a DL fell into ther back of his knee, irrergardless of the shoulder injury wher he landed funky in practice.  Fluke things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Agree...

at least you got rid of the cancer that was ruining your team.... We have nothing.. ours has to die

Our golden boy that was a can't miss dude got dekneed (I know, not a word)

I just want it to be spring and all of my football angst is gone..

At let the B1G got smart today and put the Bucks in the championship game.. now watch all of the covid hit us and NW...    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fluhartz said:

at least you got rid of the cancer that was ruining your team.... We have nothing.. ours has to die

Yeah, that sorta sucks. 

10 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Our golden boy that was a can't miss dude got dekneed (I know, not a word)

No, it's a word. Been there before with my rookie golden boy, he came back... in a big way. You're good, trust me. Finding the guy is 80% the issue, so you're good.

11 hours ago, fluhartz said:

At let the B1G got smart today and put the Bucks in the championship game.. now watch all of the covid hit us and NW...    

Congratulations on this one at least!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Forge said:

I've had 2 MCL surgeries. One for a partial tear, one for a full tear. If it's just a sprain or partial tear, it's maybe a 3 week injury. If it's a rupture, it's closer to an 8 week injury. But either way, it won't affect him for a few years pain wise or unless it gets super cold. Even then, he'll just have to make sure to warm it up. It's more of a stability ligament and less of one that makes your knee actually move.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, scar988 said:

I've had 2 MCL surgeries. One for a partial tear, one for a full tear. If it's just a sprain or partial tear, it's maybe a 3 week injury. If it's a rupture, it's closer to an 8 week injury. But either way, it won't affect him for a few years pain wise or unless it gets super cold. Even then, he'll just have to make sure to warm it up. It's more of a stability ligament and less of one that makes your knee actually move.

I only worry about guys that get injured that are also too tightly wound.  Ligament issues never go away for them.  Muscle issues never go away either (see John Ross)

Edited by INbengalfan