Week 14 GDT - Washington Football Team at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Well, Monday Night wasn't fun at all. Defense completely got destroyed and that was the most disappointing part as they had been playing some really good ball. Washington isn't nearly as good offensively as Buffalo, but their defense is really good. Mullens and the crew are going to have a hard time moving the ball and putting up points against that defense. Our OL is going to get destroyed but I'm interested in watching the Williams vs Young battle. Williams has been great ever since the Eagles game but Young is going to be a tough test for him.

Really no need for a big breakdown for this week. We have to win the next four games to have a chance to get in the playoffs. Do I see that happening?

WAS 20 SF 13

The answer is no lol.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

So Dez Bryant compared Aiyuk to Julio Jones...And honestly, I see some of that. He's obviously not the physical beast that Julio is...And really no one is, but Aiyuk has those long arms, comes out of his breaks similarly and tracks the deep ball very well. Then obviously he's also really good after the catch. 

Congrats fellas, we have Julio Jones 2.0!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Dez Bryant compared Aiyuk to Julio Jones...And honestly, I see some of that. He's obviously not the physical beast that Julio is...And really no one is, but Aiyuk has those long arms, comes out of his breaks similarly and tracks the deep ball very well. Then obviously he's also really good after the catch. 

Congrats fellas, we have Julio Jones 2.0!!!!!!! 

Aiyuk compares himself to Davante Adams 

I'm just happy after years and years of drafting, we finally seem to have hit on two receivers (Samuel & Aiyuk) who really look solid. 

Its too bad that injuries kinda killed Trent Taylor & (probably) Jalen Hurd's career, cuz having that slot WR & big-bodied RZ threat would really round out this offense, with Kittle and the run game...

"Davante Adams, when I was coming out of college, he was one of the main receivers that I watched," Aiyuk said Tuesday, via NBC Sports Bay Area. "All the games from last season and what he does, and what he's able to do at the line of scrimmage and with his route running.

"He's actually my pro comparison, so I love watching Davante Adams. I try to take stuff out of his bag and put it in mine."

https://www.nfl.com/news/niners-rookie-wr-brandon-aiyuk-modeling-his-game-after-packers-davante-adams

• Like 1

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Antonio Gibson (toe) is unlikely to play in Week 14 against the 49ers.

Gibson lasted just four snaps on Tuesday night with a "painful case of turf toe." With Washington playing on a short week, his status is in doubt for a matchup with the 49ers in five days. J.D. McKissic will see a larger role if Gibson misses time, with Peyton Barber taking over on early downs. Gibson was averaging 67 yards per game and 5.6 YPC over the last six weeks before going down.

SOURCE: NFL Network
Dec 9, 2020, 9:13 AM ET

On 12/9/2020 at 11:34 AM, 49ersfan said:

Aiyuk compares himself to Davante Adams 

I'm just happy after years and years of drafting, we finally seem to have hit on two receivers (Samuel & Aiyuk) who really look solid. 

Its too bad that injuries kinda killed Trent Taylor & (probably) Jalen Hurd's career, cuz having that slot WR & big-bodied RZ threat would really round out this offense, with Kittle and the run game...

I am very much hoping that Hurd can get back next year and also hoping that Taylor just needed a year to get back )so hopefully next year he is at full strength, but i have my doubts.

It is exciting to see how far Aiyuk has come in his rookie year with spotty QB play. The thought of Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle, Hurd and Mostert (maybe even J. Reed if brought back) on the field healthy is still very intriguing.

I dont see the comparison with Julio outside of the length, but thats not a bad thing, Aiyuk has already proven he can play at a high level.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:34 AM, 49ersfan said:

Built in replacement for Hurd as a big slot with Jennings though if he pans out. 

6 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I am very much hoping that Hurd can get back next year and also hoping that Taylor just needed a year to get back )so hopefully next year he is at full strength, but i have my doubts.

I really hope we don't bring Taylor back. Dude looks done and can't stay healthy. Much rather take my chances elsewhere. I'm already on record as saying that Hurd's career is likely done...He's played about 1.5 seasons of football in the last 5 years combined, and I can't remember how often you see a guy miss his first two years in the league and actually amount ot something. Seems like a situation where maybe he makes a couple of catches at some point, but will never be a huge, consistent impact so I would never really factor him in when looking ahead to seasons. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really hope we don't bring Taylor back. Dude looks done and can't stay healthy. Much rather take my chances elsewhere. I'm already on record as saying that Hurd's career is likely done...He's played about 1.5 seasons of football in the last 5 years combined, and I can't remember how often you see a guy miss his first two years in the league and actually amount ot something. Seems like a situation where maybe he makes a couple of catches at some point, but will never be a huge, consistent impact so I would never really factor him in when looking ahead to seasons. 

Dont you ruin this for me......Hurd is gonna make something of his life!!!!!!.....Taylor maybe

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was one of the biggest Taylor fans, but man he just doesn't look the same as he did when Jimmy first came over. If we bring him back it should be for the vet minimum to see if he can get back to where he was. Hurd is interesting. He clearly has the tools to be a big time player, but like you said he's hurt all the time. I don't see any reason to get rid of him as he is still on a very modest cap number. Maybe he can make it back and have a Frank Gore type resurgence. Frankie didn't look like he'd be able to hold up at all after multiple ACLs in college, but he's 37 years old at possibly the most wearing position in football. I'm not counting on Hurd, but I'm also not giving up on him yet because he's had a run of bad luck. 

6 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I was one of the biggest Taylor fans, but man he just doesn't look the same as he did when Jimmy first came over. If we bring him back it should be for the vet minimum to see if he can get back to where he was. Hurd is interesting. He clearly has the tools to be a big time player, but like you said he's hurt all the time. I don't see any reason to get rid of him as he is still on a very modest cap number. Maybe he can make it back and have a Frank Gore type resurgence. Frankie didn't look like he'd be able to hold up at all after multiple ACLs in college, but he's 37 years old at possibly the most wearing position in football. I'm not counting on Hurd, but I'm also not giving up on him yet because he's had a run of bad luck. 

Oh yeah, definitely don't get rid of Hurd. Give him a chance for sure, particularly given that he's on a rookie deal. My expectations for him are simply non existent is all. Just hoping he proves me wrong, but if he can't, LIS, we probably have an in house replacement for him in Jennings 

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

We can probably find a 6th round receiver who will be better than Taylor. At this point, we're talking about a role player, not a gamebreaker. Plenty of young guys to take a chance on.

What I'd really love is a more dynamic guy with the ball in his hands. I look at other teams who have really threatening returners, who also offer something in the passing game. Trent was supposed to be a solid slot guy, but honestly, he hasn't been this year, and I hate to see him not-returning punts. I guess he'll be back, but on the bubble. Honestly, if the choice is between him and Richie James, he's already lost. We should also improve on James.