Week 14 GDT - Washington Football Team at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Before today, i'd have said that we definitely aren't picking up the 5th year option for McGlinchey, and he'd probably play out his 4 year rookie contract. But now i'm wondering if we shouldn't just move on from him in the offseason? That's multiple close games (Eagles as well) where him getting beat late in the 4th quarter has killed our chance for a comeback 

Earler this season, Ithought Mullens could at most be a Shaun Hill type backup, but frankly he's not looking NFL caliber. Neither is CJ. Reset the QB room in the offseason. Its our top priority. 

Shanny should have relied on the run game more. For the majority of the day, the game was not out of reach. No reason for Mullens to throw 45 times in a (mostly) close game

Good bounce back day for the defense, although the WFT doesn't really have anyone notable on offense (except for McLaurin)

Hope Warner & Samuel are ok for the long-term. Short-term, just shut them down 

Kinlaw & Aiyuk looked good today

What a boring game to watch...

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Before today, i'd have said that we definitely aren't picking up the 5th year option for McGlinchey, and he'd probably play out his 4 year rookie contract. But now i'm wondering if we shouldn't just move on from him in the offseason? That's multiple close games (Eagles as well) where him getting beat late in the 4th quarter has killed our chance for a comeback 

He's not going anywhere. Like 0% chance

I'm not even joking, but if we ran the ball every single time after going up 7-0, we probably win this game LOL. The Redskins were horrendous offensively all game but it didn't even matter. LIS, this is going to be one of Shanahan's most frustrating losses. 

Anything on Warner's injury and what exactly it was? 

17 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Earler this season, Ithought Mullens could at most be a Shaun Hill type backup, but frankly he's not looking NFL caliber. Neither is CJ. Reset the QB room in the offseason. Its our top priority. 

Shanny should have relied on the run game more. For the majority of the day, the game was not out of reach. No reason for Mullens to throw 45 times in a (mostly) close game

Good bounce back day for the defense, although the WFT doesn't really have anyone notable on offense (except for McLaurin)

Hope Warner & Samuel are ok for the long-term. Short-term, just shut them down 

Kinlaw & Aiyuk looked good today

What a boring game to watch...

Tbh if we aren't going to look at getting a decent G would rather throw McG to compete at G and improve the RT position if we don't go QB in the first.

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So since we're pretty much out of the playoff race, time to put Warner, Jimmy G, Kittle and Deebo on ice for good. Continue starting Mullens and hope to finish with a top 8 pick. 

Sounding the deebo injury is serious anyway. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not even joking, but if we ran the ball every single time after going up 7-0, we probably win this game LOL. The Redskins were horrendous offensively all game but it didn't even matter. LIS, this is going to be one of Shanahan's most frustrating losses. 

Anything on Warner's injury and what exactly it was? 

They said on the broadcast he passed the concussion protocol but was being held out with what they deemed a stinger.

McGlinchey has proven that he's at the very least an above average tackle. This has been a nightmare of a year for everyone and to even entertain the idea of moving on from him reeks of desperation. Make it work with him, just don't overpay the guy and you should be fine. 

5 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Unfortunately our SOS is high so we will be behind most teams we tie with. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounding the deebo injury is serious anyway. 

I mean he probably just re-aggravated it. Honestly just a bad season for Deebo in terms of injuries. Started with the foot injury and then the hammy issues. Never let it fully heal. 

It's okay this was a lost season anyways. Respect to the defense for continuing to play hard. Against certain offenses they are going to be overmatched but overall they usually compete with everyone else. Lights out ball three of the last four games. 

We need to address the IOL this offseason no excuses. I like the Mack idea but what guard can we get at a decent price in free agency? Of course we can draft one like in the 3rd round if need be. 

I really wanted to get Horn to help soldify our secondary. If we get a top 10 pick, then it's probably for a QB. Hopefully there's some good corners to be had in the 2nd round.