Week 14 GDT - Washington Football Team at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Just read a Shanny quote today saying that Jimmy won't go this year unless he is 100%. I hate to say it, but I hope he isn't healthy the rest of this season, although he isn't playing this week so that only leave Arizona and Seattle so there isn't much fear of us winning those games with or without him. 

Has he said anything on kittle? I REALLY don't want Kittle seeing the field. for Fantasy reasons but also because the way the guy plays...he needs to be conserved a little bit. 

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

Has he said anything on kittle? I REALLY don't want Kittle seeing the field. for Fantasy reasons but also because the way the guy plays...he needs to be conserved a little bit. 

I didn't see anything about Kittle. I didn't actually watch the media session, just happened to read about Jimmy on bleacher report I think. 

7 minutes ago, John232 said:

Well here you go. Sounds like Kittle is a lot closer than Jimmy. 

Just now, John232 said:

Going into a possible championship against Kittle on returning..Not fun. 

I want to say I don't envy you, but I kind of do lol. I had Christian McCaffery as really my only weapon at the RB position and he's been out pretty much all year (I had to start Royce Freeman in the playoffs - I didn't win lol). My team is mostly built around my receivers and they have either been hurt or not really produced outside of Diggs (Diggs, Beckham, Cooper, Kupp, Chark are my main guys). 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I want to say I don't envy you, but I kind of do lol. I had Christian McCaffery as really my only weapon at the RB position and he's been out pretty much all year (I had to start Royce Freeman in the playoffs - I didn't win lol). My team is mostly built around my receivers and they have either been hurt or not really produced outside of Diggs (Diggs, Beckham, Cooper, Kupp, Chark are my main guys). 

This wlil be a good public perception poll. Assuming I don't crap the bed against an awful 6th seed next week

My Team:

QB-Rodgers

RB-Dalvin

RB-Kamara

WR- Thielen, Lockett

F1-Chubb

F2-Mike Davis (If no CMC) Hunt or some other flex.

TE-Waller

WR/TE (THE CONUNDRUM) Claypool, Hollywood, Landry, Chark, Fant

His team 

QB- Josh Allen

RB-Derrick Henry

RB-Zeke

WR-Hill

WR-Woods

Flex-Keenan Allen

Flex-Chris Carson

TE-KITTLE? or Ertz/Jonnu

WR/TE-Robby Anderson/Kenny G/Marvin Jones

Very, Very tightly matched. 

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

This wlil be a good public perception poll. Assuming I don't crap the bed against an awful 6th seed next week

My Team:

QB-Rodgers

RB-Dalvin

RB-Kamara

WR- Thielen, Lockett

F1-Chubb

F2-Mike Davis (If no CMC) Hunt or some other flex.

TE-Waller

WR/TE (THE CONUNDRUM) Claypool, Hollywood, Landry, Chark, Fant

His team 

QB- Josh Allen

RB-Derrick Henry

RB-Zeke

WR-Hill

WR-Woods

Flex-Keenan Allen

Flex-Chris Carson

TE-KITTLE? or Ertz/Jonnu

WR/TE-Robby Anderson/Kenny G/Marvin Jones

Very, Very tightly matched. 

I wish Cook had a better matchup for you

• Like 1

2nd time through tidbits 

- That chase young scoop and score was the difference in the game imo. It was right after the verrett int and right before the half so it was a huge momentum swing. It looks like we had a bubble screen called to river cracraft, and it looked like we had 2 blockers for 2 defenders and no one else on that side of the field. The screen was wide open for a nice chunk with a dude who has had some nice moments with the ball in his hand, but for some reason mullens pump faked, bourne didnt block the guy in front of him but instead released down the field. That defender then picks up river cracraft and now he is no longer open. Meanwhile bourne runs an in route and was open but it was a late developing route to where mullens got swallowed up. 

I think the play call was that mullens could either throw the screen or pump fake and wait for the in breaking route. If that was the case, mullens did the wrong thing because the screen was there. If that wasnt the case, then it wasnt a good playcal/design because there was no outlet pass for him to make after the screen got covered up. He was a sitting duck at that point because it was too slow of a play to call against that pass rush with our OL, so thats why I am wondering if really he was supposed to throw the screen and then bourne would have started blocking. It would have been right in front of our bench where our coaches can yell at him to block. So, he releases when he doesnt hear them yell to him? Makes sense with an empty stadium to run this on your own side of the field where the WRs can hear the guys yelling to them. So its either absolutely genius by Kyle Shanahan and mullens screwed it up, or I have no idea what the idea was there. 

- Mullens was basically as good as this broken down version of alex smith. As in, limited physically to the point where his mind cant keep up and he tried to do things that really he doesnt actually have the ability to do. When he first got playing time, he didnt try to do too much. I called it being the point guard of the offense and just get the ball to the weapons. I guess now that we dont have kittle and deebo he feels he has to try and do more, but he is making some terrible decisions. mullens is so reckless sometimes. We cant have that anymore. I feel like we might as well put CJ in at some point just because at least he can chuck it deep. At least hes got cool hair and a mustache. Thats where I am at. I can only imagine how kyle feels watching all of this. Especially when they say in the broadcast before the game started that kyle talked about being disciplined for four quarters. That says he challenged us to get rid of the turnovers, and turnovers are exactly what cost us this game. 

- Trent Williams sliped on the grass and was out for a second, which means skule at LT. First thing the WFT does is drop chase young into coverage??? I get that it was a delayed blitz and he did sack the QB, but you would think it would be a time to just straight up bull rush this backup LT, who has shown you on film that he cant handle it, when you have a freak of nature at DE. Mullens had plenty of time but didnt pull the trigger. If anyone was open the WFT would have just taken chase young out of the play when justin skule was in the game. how nice of them!

instead mullens pump fakes and then gets swallowed up as the oblivious skule looks around in confusion. I would add swing tackle to the list of needs. Veteran swing tackle. go find him and let him battle with McG this offseason. Skule needs to go to the PS next year. 

- It was good to see AA play more on the inside. Even if he didnt do all that much with it, I am done with seeing him be useless on the edge. At least if he doesnt actually make a play on the inside, he can at least eat up space and affect the play rather than just be that slow guy at DE who takes up space and does nothing. It did seem like he got more comfortable being back on the inside as the game went on, even if he still didnt do all that much. I feel like AA could learn a thing or two from Kinlaw about jumping up to get pass deflections. Kinlaw has good timing there. I dont think we have seen enough of that from AA and for someone that doesnt generate a lot of penetration, this is something he absolutely must get better at. 

- Its been said multiple times but Kinlaw is going to be incredible. He is a very smart football player. The play recognition he shows at times is phenomenal. He reads it well and then has good instincts on how to gain leverage to one side or another and be disruptive. His moves need refinement but he is very quick both physically and mentally.

He made a great move for a TFL on peyton barber and then did a bear crawl for a bit. I am all for celebrating and being hyped but next time I hope he picks a celebration that doesnt use so much energy lol save this ish for the 4th quarter. He is a monster though and so maybe he was doing the monster crawl lol. 

- Dion Jordan is actually not terrible. Not good, but not terrible. Definitely a huge improvement and I am becoming less surprised when he actually does make a decent play. Kocurek is doing an incredible job there. He is a great athlete with good length but never figured out how to use it. He didnt have his head screwed on straight until recently it seems. I went from "oh ****, dion jordan is on the field" to "well, it cant get any worse" to "he did something??" to "well, maybe he can be ok as depth piece in a year or two" so I will take that as some silver lining to being so thin at edge. Because under normal circumstances he would have never gotten this many reps

-Cant give kocurek enough credit. Then I cant help but look across the field to Montez Sweat and wish that we somehow ended up with him as well as Bosa. I think sweats length matches well with Nick bosa. I would like to continue to add physical projects on the back end of our roster at DE. We need to do this like 3 years ago but if we start today then in 3 years we will finally have some depth lol 

- Here are some words I never thought I would say, but I will miss richard sherman when he is gone. It doesnt even sound dirty to say his name anymore, which is crazy. If he does leave, I think detroit could be a good place for him professionally and for him to continue to do philanthropic work. I would be a good place for him to go get one last big contract, help influence communities that need his mentorship, and then retire and move wherever he wanted. Compton to stanford to seattle to san francisco, to detroit seems like its kinda full circle somehow. 

- Spoon played a few snaps early but then didnt really get back on the field. I would assume this week was just a taster to get him thinking about the speed of the game for next week. I would like to give this guy some work this week if we can against someone like ceedee. Both guys are young, long, and good athletes but not that polished. The dude has talent he just needs to put it all together mentally. Part of that is finding his footing and building confidence and focus. Once he does that his job will be tracking the ball in the air. Part of me wants to give him some looks this season, but hes a FA and 22/25 are two of the best in the league right now.

Spoon has been bad, might need a fresh start, or he might need to just figure it out here in a system he already knows and fits very well. He has played really well in spurts during his career. I honestly wouldnt mind giving him a 2 year deal as a depth piece. we need bodies there. 

- I feel so bad for Jordan Reed. Come back to play thinking you were going to have a shot at a ring and instead you get nick mullens. just lol. He still gets open but you can tell by his body language he is fed up. Reminds me of Takeo Spikes who somehow never made the playoffs despite being a good player. He would leave a team, and the next year they would make the playoffs. He retired here after 2010 lmao. I also feel bad for trent williams but less so because it seems like trent will be around for another few years and will get paid huge sums of money

- Warner getting hurt was/is basically my worst fear about the rest of the season. It was the 2nd play of the 2nd half. First play he didnt look all that fired up. He let himself get blocked rather easily and didnt make a play on the ball carrier that ran by him. The next play he gets hit awkwardly in the head/neck. Not good. I say we shut him down if there is any risk to his neck at all. That is not an injury to mess around with. 

- Credit to our team for playing hard through the end of the game. We played hard through to the end which is all you can ask for sometimes. 

- I would pay absurds amount of money to be able to go watch games in these quiet stadiums, or even to be able to hear it unedited/unfiltered with no fake crowd noise. yes please. I feel like there is so much stuff happening they arent showing us. I hate how they cover up the true audio. Thats one thing I like about baseball, the sound of the game. Usually its so loud at football games you cant get those extra sounds. I feel as though this is a huge squandered opportunity for fans. I wish you could choose your audio. I dont care if they swear, dont f ucking mute that sh!t or cover it up

We are going to crush dallas

Edited by N4L
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, N4L said:

We are going to crush dallas

Good post, but why do you want to crush Dallas? At this point it is time to lose the rest of the games and get a top 6 pick. 

And I definitely wouldn't expect us to "crush" any team with Mullens or CJB at QB. Oh yeah, Deebo isn't going to play and Warner may not play either. 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Good post, but why do you want to crush Dallas? At this point it is time to lose the rest of the games and get a top 6 pick. 

And I definitely wouldn't expect us to "crush" any team with Mullens or CJB at QB. Oh yeah, Deebo isn't going to play and Warner may not play either. 

Well it's not about what I want, it's about what will happen. Losing to Dallas would give them a win as well so it would definitely be better for the long run, but Dallas fans are thinking the same thing on the other side 

I am not worried about us playing hard or Kyle doing whatever he can to win. 

We have a huge coaching advantage on both sides of the ball. I mean, it's Mike Nolan at DC there lol 

We are going to run if down their throats. Their rush defense is bad. I just think we are going to rush for 250 and our defense will be ok against them even without Warner imo 

We are just a better team overall than them both from a talent standpoint and from a coaching standpoint

Turnovers are obviously a big problem, but Kyle isn't playing around with it anymore and I expect Mullens to look better against a bad defense who doesn't have a good pass rush