Week 14 GDT - Washington Football Team at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mullens lets it rip! But honestly his deep ball is not nearly as good as those numbers indicate. Whatever QB we decide to go with in the near future, they better be able to take the top off the defense. 

I heard crocker mention it and thought it was hilarious

How sad is it that our deep passing game doesn't rely on the players' skills, but rather on the element of surprise... 

We just have to do it. Even if it's incomplete, good can come out of it. DPI, for one. Or just forcing opponents to prepare for it. It can only make our short and intermediate passing game better. Also, connecting on these deep throws is just good for the morale and the momentum. Teams usually build up on that emotional high. They rarely throw a 40 yard pass, just to fall flat afterwards. And even if they do, they usually have a field goal opportunity at the very least. We should have a minimum of 2-3 deep pass attempts per game, if only for balance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

How sad is it that our deep passing game doesn't rely on the players' skills, but rather on the element of surprise... 

We just have to do it. Even if it's incomplete, good can come out of it. DPI, for one. Or just forcing opponents to prepare for it. It can only make our short and intermediate passing game better. Also, connecting on these deep throws is just good for the morale and the momentum. Teams usually build up on that emotional high. They rarely throw a 40 yard pass, just to fall flat afterwards. And even if they do, they usually have a field goal opportunity at the very least. We should have a minimum of 2-3 deep pass attempts per game, if only for balance. 

As long as we don’t bring Beathard off the bench for them.

14 hours ago, rudyZ said:

It may come down to Shanny's lack of faith in the OL pass pro that deeper pass attempts can rely upon. Regardless, I do agree that the occasional just-chuck-it-bro philosophy could help loosen things up. Our receiver strength though is obviously YAC from day 1.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Btw, we are going to win this one. I'll say like 16-10 or 13-9 or something like that

Don’t ask me why, but I think it’ll be more of a high scoring game. Just got a feeling. I think Scary Terry and Aiyuk could have big days.

Our defense struggles against teams that spread it out and have good QBs. Against other offenses, we play just fine. I think the defense will be up to task today. Offensively? Yeah, don't have much confidence but they looked pretty good last week to be fair. Just some RZ mistakes hurt the team.

Yeah, I think we win a close one as well.

I want to talk about Deebo. He's obviously a monster after the catch, but I feel like his development is being hurt a bit with the way he is being used. This guy can legit be WR that can run most routes but he's not being used as a typical top WR. Interested in seeing how he is utilized next year and if anything changes or not.