Week 15: Sunday Night Football - Browns @ Giants

Acgott

10 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Can you still be referred to as America's team if you're flexed out of a prime time spot? 🤔

Nope. We've usurped them. 😁

I'm trying not to think about this game yet. It would be great to beat OBJ's new team, but Arizona is the important thing now.

• Like 1

Stopping the Browns offense will be difficult in practice, but the blueprint is there. Stop the run and get after Baker. I think we have the personnel to do that.

The Browns defense will be tough, especially since we keep getting in our own way on offense. That defensive line is stout, but the secondary is suspect. This game will come down to DJ and the offense's ability to take advantage of the weak Cleveland secondary. Unfortunately, I don't think we can. I got the Browns in this one, 21-7.

Garrett has got to go.

I think our defense matches up well against their offense.. It's going to be a question of how much of a hole our offense puts our defense in. If we steal one here it's going to be a tight game that the defense wins.

I fully expect Daniel Jones to start again but I think they'll get more creative with their playcalling. Getting the ball out fast, etc. 

Ultimately, I think their defense overwhelms us and we end up losing by 7-10 points. 

51 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think you guys will score more than you think. Take away the three bad weather games and the Browns are giving up 32.8 points per game. I also think the Browns will score, something like 34-24 Browns. Weather permitting.

Just to add on to what he’s saying. Toss out the stretch from the Raiders up to the eagles game.

All 3 of the games during that stretch had horrible weather rain and 50mph winds.

So our defense is NOT as good as what the scores suggest. The offense is MUCH better than what those scores suggested.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just to add on to what he’s saying. Toss out the stretch from the Raiders up to the eagles game.

All 3 of the games during that stretch had horrible weather rain and 50mph winds.

So our defense is NOT as good as what the scores suggest. The offense is MUCH better than what those scores suggested.

I think our offense is much worse than you think it is. We've had games where, under relatively perfect conditions, we've scored 7, 9, 9, and 13 points. The only reason we aren't the worst offense in the NFL in terms of scoring is because the Jets exist. We are bad. If you guys can score 24, it is probably over.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I think our offense is much worse than you think it is. We've had games where, under relatively perfect conditions, we've scored 7, 9, 9, and 13 points. The only reason we aren't the worst offense in the NFL in terms of scoring is because the Jets exist. We are bad. If you guys can score 24, it is probably over.

Especially since there is no way Daniel Jones is 100% by Sunday night. Whether it's him hobbled (most likely) or Colt McCoy under center, this offense is significantly inhibited. We really only put up points when defenses have to account for DJ running and the running game in general getting going. Take that component away and the WR can't create separation on their own, the OL can't pass block long enough, DJ/Colt can't get through their progressions and the defenses key on the run game. Our offense really does suck lol but I don't place it all on Garrett. Our #1 WR should be a #3 and that's where things fall down.

Dont see us winning this one. We are gonna play with a QB who we all know is still injured and our WRs are showing they just can not separate and get open. Add in the insane of amount of drops they have even when the ball is in their numbers and we are toast in this one. Defense will keep us in for a while but the offense is just a train wreck without a legit downfield target or DJ being able to run. 

WR separation is absolutely an issue, but not one that rests solely at the feet of the receivers. We know for a fact that Shepard is quick and a great route runner. He can get separation. So why isn't he? It's because he is being asked to run BS routes that do nothing to get away from corners. The play calling and design was more at fault last game, and for most of the season, for receivers not getting open than the receivers themselves.

When corners line up 4-5 yards off the line, and the defense is playing single high, and you line up 3 wide and run THREE FIVE YARD CURL ROUTES, you cannot succeed.

IMO this is a must win for both squads, who are fighting for their playoff lives. 

The Browns are coming off of a heartbreaking loss, and most of us have been saying all year how bad our LB and secondary is, and finally people who saw the Baltimore game now understand. We should have Ward coming back, which will be huge, but that leaves 3 awful starters in our secondary playing. Hopefully the Browns come out angry with a sense of urgency, because if we lose this, we're likely done/out of the playoffs. We have to win this week and against the NYJ next week, because we have Pittsburgh Week 17.

This is one of those matchups that intrigues me on paper. Our OL vs. your DL is strength vs. strength, and your lousy offense against our lousy defense is weakness on weakness.

Your front 7 is capable of stopping our running game, and hopefully Baker plays like the way he has the last 7 weeks (especially the last 2).

I'd expect the turnover differential to be crucial this game, even more so than usual.