Week 15: Sunday Night Football - Browns @ Giants

Acgott

10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Too much to overcome. Yeah we should’ve kicked a FG on our first drive but let’s be honest Browns marched down the field without breaking a sweat. So wouldn’t have made much of a difference

Goes without saying we need an edge. That moreso than a WR. With the wide array of WR talents these days we don’t have to force a 1st round pick though if an elite talent is there then we can’t pass it up. We’re out of the Rousseau range unfortunately. Right now we’re 10th. Gettleman needs to go. 

Rousseau will be there at 10, but we should not take him. Paye is the #1 edge rusher in this draft. He'd be a good choice with our first.

Jason Garrett needs to go. Our offense is horrendous.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Jason Garrett needs to go. Our offense is horrendous.

To be fair it wasn't very good under Shurmur either, sadly the last time the offense was above average looks to be 2015. 5 years of putrid nothingness on offense under 3 different OC's. Even the 11-5 season under Macadoo in 2016 the offense was below average.

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

To be fair it wasn't very good under Shurmur either, sadly the last time the offense was above average looks to be 2015. 5 years of putrid nothingness on offense under 3 different OC's. Even the 11-5 season under Macadoo in 2016 the offense was below average.

Last year we scored 341 points with a rookie QB and 41 total touchdowns. This year we have currently scored 244 points total, 21 total touchdowns and NINE passing touchdowns. We'd have to drop 50 burgers in the last 2 games to even match last year's offense, which, like you said, wasn't very good. This offense is absolutely abysmal. There is no set of circumstances that should allow anyone who is responsible for this to happen to keep their jobs.

Fact is we've invested a lot of draft capital into the offense and they are getting outperformed by a defense made up of Leonard Williams, Blake Martinez, James Bradberry, and a bunch of 23 year olds. The way this team is on paper, the offense was supposed to carry them. Instead, they are dragging the entire team down.

• Like 2

We've scored single digit point totals in 4 games so far, with 2 still to play. That is at least 1/4 of our total games that we lose if the opposing team just scores a touchdown and kicks a field goal. Daniel Jones has not had a 300 yard passing game this year; he's passed for 0 touchdowns in 7 of his 12 starts. You cannot win games in today's NFL with that offensive production. That is Jets level offensive production. The worst part is that our offensive personnel is essentially the same as last year. We lost Saquon for the season early this year, but he was playing hurt most of the year last year as well after that high ankle sprain.

• Like 1

If we miss the playoffs by going 0-2  the rest of the way hopefully that will be enough to get rid of Gettleman and Garrett. While I want to make the playoff despite this not being a playoff caliber roster, it would be worth missing it to get rid of Garrett and Gettleman.

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

If we miss the playoffs by going 0-2  the rest of the way hopefully that will be enough to get rid of Gettleman and Garrett. While I want to make the playoff despite this not being a playoff caliber roster, it would be worth missing it to get rid of Garrett and Gettleman.

I don't even really have a problem with Gettleman. He's made some questionable decisions, but his most recent offseason, in coordination with Judge, has been great. Bradberry, Martinez, Gano, Ryan, and the draft class have all been our best players the entire year. If those 2 work together well and can keep bringing in talent like they did last year, keep them.

Garrett on the other hand absolutely has to go. He calls absolutely terrible games and is awful at pairing personnel with what they do well. Why is Dion Lewis getting goal line and short yardage situation carries? Why is DJ not throwing long more often? Why is Evan Engram running 3 yard curl routes instead of running down the seam? Why is Kaden Smith not more involved? Garrett has not meshed with Judge's philosophy at all. 

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I don't even really have a problem with Gettleman. He's made some questionable decisions, but his most recent offseason, in coordination with Judge, has been great. Bradberry, Martinez, Gano, Ryan, and the draft class have all been our best players the entire year. If those 2 work together well and can keep bringing in talent like they did last year, keep them.

I do have a problem with Gettleman, he has made some horrible moves over the years. You point to the Bradberry and Martinez contracts. Bradberry has an out for  his contract at the end this season, Martinez has an out for the end of next season. So those contracts are not looking as great to me now.

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

do have a problem with Gettleman, he has made some horrible moves over the years. You point to the Bradberry and Martinez contracts. Bradberry has an out for  his contract at the end this season, Martinez has an out for the end of next season. So those contracts are not looking as great to me now.

I understand Spotrac mentions this in their contract for Bradberry, but I can’t find a second source to collaborate it. If Bradberry had something in his contract, where he could opt out, I’ll feel it be a bigger story.

If this is a team option, I have no issue with protecting us if the situation doesn’t work out. I do remember that we didn’t add signing bonuses, and the contracts are more front loaded, which would provide easier escape.