Week 14: Around the NFL

textaz03

2 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

And nobody seems to want to accept it. Make a better argument for 25 years of nothing to show for your efforts.

Who is "Nobody"? Because probably 80% of this forum hates Jerry. They just dont say it in every. single. post. 

Year in and year out its, draft this guy or that guy or trade for this guy.

Bottom line, we've made some good trades and had some Acme dynamite kits, we had dud drafts and then SB parties in April, like last year....and yet, here we are.

So are we going to continue to act like a top 5 player or another frickin CB or a new QB is going to be the answer? 

It certainly better than not having any new players.

25 frickin years I've been hearing this!

And what do you want us to do about it? THIS IS A FORUM. Its made for talking about the Cowboys.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Seriously @Rtnldave? What? Do you want me come draft day to say:

I like Sewell, and effe Jones

In the second we should go DE. Also screw Jerry

In the 3rd I like a DE. The Jones family sucks.

In the 4th I like a TE. Jerry should be fired. 

Is that what you want????

What I want is a real, professional, blue collar, playing football team. Not this non sense of 1 winning season and then 3 years of crap.

I want Jerry to go away. I want new ownership.

I want someone as tough willed and determined to win as Jimmy Johnson was.

I know that will not happen as long as Jones is alive.

But to sit here and pretend like a good draft or a few FAs are going to get us there or blame a bloated contract like Elliott's is like saying Trump has a real chance to overturn this election.

Right or wrong, you're just pissing into the wind.

Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for everyone on this forum. You all have schooled me at one time or another.

But I can't sit here and pretend to believe that any college kid or FA or contract is going to fix a problem that has been in existence for a quarter century.

I think it's time some of you wake up to that fact.

Edited by Rtnldave

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

What I want is a real, professional, blue collar, playing football team. Not this non sense of 1 winning season and then 3 years of crap.

I want Jerry to go away. I want new ownership.

I want someone as tough willed and determined to win as Jimmy Johnson was.

I know that will not happen as long as Jones is alive.

But to sit here and pretend like a good draft or a few FAs are going to get us there or blame a bloated contract like Elliott's is like saying Trump has a real chance to overturn this election.

Right or wrong, you're just pissing into the wind.

Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for everyone on this forum. You all have schooled me at one time or another.

But I can't sit here and pretend to believe that any college kid or FA or contract is going to fix a problem that has been in existence for a quarter century.

I think it's time some of you wake up to that fact.

So then we all just quit the forum?

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So then we all just quit the forum?

I don't have that answer either Matt's. All I know is what we've been typing and debating and predicting for the last 25 years all leads to the same conclusion, nothing. Nada. No championships, no SBs and a lot of eating crow.

If you think keeping on this way will eventually pay dividends as a fan, then by all means, proceed.

I may even get loaded and join in just because I miss it. But my better judgement tells me we are screwed until Jones drops dead.

The irony is, you can't hate him, he brought us 3 titles in 4 years. The 1st to do it. 

But the guy just doesn't get it, his time is passed. Hang it up and give your fans a chance to live again. Because it ain't happening with him.

That's the best I got Matt's.

I don't have that answer either Matt's. All I know is what we've been typing and debating and predicting for the last 25 years all leads to the same conclusion, nothing. Nada. No championships, no SBs and a lot of eating crow.

If you think keeping on this way will eventually pay dividends as a fan, then by all means, proceed.

I may even get loaded and join in just because I miss it. But my better judgement tells me we are screwed until Jones drops dead.

The irony is, you can't hate him, he brought us 3 titles in 4 years. The 1st to do it. 

But the guy just doesn't get it, his time is passed. Hang it up and give your fans a chance to live again. Because it ain't happening with him.

That's the best I got Matt's.

Here is the best I can tell you. The NFL is *built* so that 1 team wins every 32 years. Thats how the draft works. Obviously that not how it works in the real world. But if you take out Brady - - - It works kinda close to that. Teams arent supposed to compete for a superbowl every year. The NFL doesnt want that.

Obvi I want one. Its been to long. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Here is the best I can tell you. The NFL is *built* so that 1 team wins every 32 years. Thats how the draft works. Obviously that not how it works in the real world. But if you take out Brady - - - It works kinda close to that. Teams arent supposed to compete for a superbowl every year. The NFL doesnt want that.

Obvi I want one. Its been to long. 

On this point you and I are in total agreement.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the ravens browns game tonight.  CLE lost this game but completely won me over.  Their rush defense sucks but other than that I LOVE the way they play the game.  Nick Chubb is quickly becoming one of my favorite football players in the NFL.  They are proving that the formula I’ve been preaching about works.  

42 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the ravens browns game tonight.  CLE lost this game but completely won me over.  Their rush defense sucks but other than that I LOVE the way they play the game.  Nick Chubb is quickly becoming one of my favorite football players in the NFL.  They are proving that the formula I’ve been preaching about works.  

How much you wanna bet they pay Baker?

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

No, this is horrendous. Our defense under rod was sub par (usually around 20th). But it goes to show you what I have been saying at the start of the last few years. Our fans overrate our talent base so effing hard. I remember the last 2-3 years 90% of this forum saying "we have the most talent in the NFL", no the effe we dont. We have the most talked about talent and that makes it overhyped.

I still think Rod was dealt a crappy hand here. He has achieved a #1 defense every place he has ever been a DC except Dallas. 

So is it Rod... or is it Dallas?

Both.  But, some of the decisions made with the personnel had a heavy influence from RM. He was the one who wanted Charlton over Watt.  It took KR to get Jones moved to CB. RM didn’t value DT. And, how safety was addressed leaves a bad taste. Jones was decent, but vastly superior at CB.