Jets v Seattle Game Day Thread

xrade

22 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Let's hope Jets catch UNC's infectious thing.

It would be a big surprise if our coaches were smart enough to give more carries to TJ & Adams. So I guess we're tanking for one of their RBs as well. 

Williams has been my favorite for a while. I'd take him or Carter with the early second.  

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

It would be a big surprise if our coaches were smart enough to give more carries to TJ & Adams. So I guess we're tanking for one of their RBs as well. 

Williams has been my favorite for a while. I'd take him or Carter with the early second.  

I love RBs as much as the next guy but for a forum that wanted to get rid of a Safety I can't believe so many guys want a top RB.

(Unless we fail to construct a team around him) This is going to be Lawrence's show.  We need receiving targets not RBs.  He's going to be throwing 30-40 times per game and showing off his arm.  This offense will not be built around a running back.  And we saw last week with how great Becton and Elflein were, we can get away with a vet or later round pick, at RB behind those holes.

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I love RBs as much as the next guy but for a forum that wanted to get rid of a Safety I can't believe so many guys want a top RB.

(Unless we fail to construct a team around him) This is going to be Lawrence's show.  We need receiving targets not RBs.  He's going to be throwing 30-40 times per game and showing off his arm.  This offense will not be built around a running back.  And we saw last week with how great Becton and Elflein were, we can get away with a vet or later round pick, at RB behind those holes.

We could have a great rookie rb that can catch on a rookie deal. Use a 2nd on one so we don’t have to think about a 5th year option on a rb 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We could have a great rookie rb that can catch on a rookie deal. Use a 2nd on one so we don’t have to think about a 5th year option on a rb 

I think OL, DE and WR should and will be prioritized over RB.  We have to get with the times and we have to make Lawrence our identity.  CEH hasn't made the Chiefs offense better.  It's still Mahomes slinging it around.  In Houston the offense is Watson.  Even in Buffalo, the offense runs through Allen.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think OL, DE and WR should and will be prioritized over RB.  We have to get with the times and we have to make Lawrence our identity.  CEH hasn't made the Chiefs offense better.  It's still Mahomes slinging it around.  In Houston the offense is Watson.  Even in Buffalo, the offense runs through Allen.

I think all need to be prioritized. With 90-100mill in cap space and 3 picks in the top 33... it should be able to be fixed

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes it can easily be fixed in Free Agency and running behind Becton, Thuney, Elflein.

Let’s not get to excited about Elflein just yet. The problems that have plagued his Minny tenure is happening here so far. His ability to stay healthy. 

10 minutes ago, xrade said:

Let’s not get to excited about Elflein just yet. The problems that have plagued his Minny tenure is happening here so far. His ability to stay healthy. 

I like the guy. And last week he was great. So I’ll stay positive about him until he proves me otherwise. Some guys just need a change of scenery.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I like the guy. And last week he was great. So I’ll stay positive about him until he proves me otherwise. Some guys just need a change of scenery.

It is not his play. I think he is a good OG. He just can’t stay healthy which is why I believe Minny said enough already. Is he playing today?  I know he is banged up.

21 minutes ago, xrade said:

It is not his play. I think he is a good OG. He just can’t stay healthy which is why I believe Minny said enough already. Is he playing today?  I know he is banged up.

Ya he’s playing. And I imagine we will use the left side a ton like we did last week. I expect JA mainly to be attacking from the right side today.

For me Elflein is a must resign and fixes 1/2 of our OG spots to make this OL a real strength.