Playoff Picture

soflbillsfan

With it being Week 14 and the bills being 9-3 they have the ability to clinch the playoffs this weekend.

In order to do so we will need a Buffalo win. A Baltimore loss (@browns), Miami Loss (vs Chiefs), Vegas Loss (vs Colts), and a New England Loss or Tie (@ Rams).

These games all are competitive with out a gimme type win so it is possible to clinch a playoff spot this early in to the season.

You can check off New England as they were waxed against the Rams. Also key note the Bills need to run as much as possible when they play the Patriots again. Cam Akers ran wild on them.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 3:00 PM, soflbillsfan said:

With it being Week 14 and the bills being 9-3 they have the ability to clinch the playoffs this weekend.

In order to do so we will need a Buffalo win. A Baltimore loss (@browns), Miami Loss (vs Chiefs), Vegas Loss (vs Colts), and a New England Loss or Tie (@ Rams).

These games all are competitive with out a gimme type win so it is possible to clinch a playoff spot this early in to the season.

Well one thing went our way. And rest can be very possible. Just gotta hope for no upsets and underdogs lose. It will still be very tough cause all these games should be close

• Like 1

4 of the 5 things needed to happen Sunday and with the Browns vs Ravens tonight it could be locked in. If not we still can win the East on Saturday against Denver after the Bills beat the Steelers and the Chiefs beat the Dolphins. 

Another thing we need to look out for is the remaining schedule as we are now only 1 game back from the #2 seed. With the Steelers still having to face the Colts and the Browns a loss from them and a Bills win out locks them in to the #2 seed. Eventhough this year is not a bye for this spot it would still mean a lot to get there. As they will have Home field advantage for the most part and KC would only have to be faced in the AFC Championship if the Bills make it that far. If some how Bills roll and someone knocks the Chiefs off then the road to the Super Bowl would be through Buffalo. I know a ton of IFs but the 2 seed does matter as some are saying that it is no big deal. 

Still a ton of football to be watched and lets go Buffalo!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

4 of the 5 things needed to happen Sunday and with the Browns vs Ravens tonight it could be locked in. If not we still can win the East on Saturday against Denver after the Bills beat the Steelers and the Chiefs beat the Dolphins. 

Another thing we need to look out for is the remaining schedule as we are now only 1 game back from the #2 seed. With the Steelers still having to face the Colts and the Browns a loss from them and a Bills win out locks them in to the #2 seed. Eventhough this year is not a bye for this spot it would still mean a lot to get there. As they will have Home field advantage for the most part and KC would only have to be faced in the AFC Championship if the Bills make it that far. If some how Bills roll and someone knocks the Chiefs off then the road to the Super Bowl would be through Buffalo. I know a ton of IFs but the 2 seed does matter as some are saying that it is no big deal. 

Still a ton of football to be watched and lets go Buffalo!

Multiple home games in January with how Allen and this team is built with a quality special teams unit, well have an advantage.

I 100% expect us to win out and get that 2 seed 

Edited by BillsGuy82
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The number 2 seed should be the Bills goal right now. They don’t control their own destiny to it but by week 17 they could. 

I should add, winning Saturday should be the ultimate goal, and officially clinch the AFC East.

That's it to win the east, win in Denver

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

The number 2 seed should be the Bills goal right now. They don’t control their own destiny to it but by week 17 they could. 

I should add, winning Saturday should be the ultimate goal, and officially clinch the AFC East.

Yes clinching Saturday is key. Can't be complacent on any team whether they have 3 wins or 11 wins they need to come out and give best effort. 2 seed will come as well as the AFC East just need to do as best as they can so they can get the best seed possible. #1 is out of hands but that 2 spot would be nice to have.

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yup.

Even with the division on the line, I feel like Saturday can be a trap game. Bills are riding high off two primetime wins. Can’t afford to lay an egg now.

Thats the thing with McD he tends to bring these dudes down a peg and make them stay humble. Honestly its asking a lot but I think they can do it, is win out. Playing clean ball is key with everyone staying healthy. John Brown practicing and hopefully Taron Johnson is able to return next week they have the ability to do so. Outside of a fluke hail mary this team has been rolling since the kc and titans issues. They just cant make stupid mistakes and while turnovers stink I think the thing hurting them is the penalties they are top 5 in most this year and steelers game had some key ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Thats the thing with McD he tends to bring these dudes down a peg and make them stay humble. Honestly its asking a lot but I think they can do it, is win out. Playing clean ball is key with everyone staying healthy. John Brown practicing and hopefully Taron Johnson is able to return next week they have the ability to do so. Outside of a fluke hail mary this team has been rolling since the kc and titans issues. They just cant make stupid mistakes and while turnovers stink I think the thing hurting them is the penalties they are top 5 in most this year and steelers game had some key ones. 

I feel like the Bills have been one of the most penalized teams during the McDermott era. It’s weird because of how much he and the staff stresses these things but yet it always seems to happen. 

If Allen plays a clean game on Saturday, we’ll win.