Playoff Picture

soflbillsfan

13 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If we win tomorrow we probably rest everybody week 17 regardless of 2 seed status so they miiiiight get in regardless.

But I wanna go 13-3.

I'd be shocked if we didn't play for the 2nd seed and the right for a 2nd home playoff game.

Based on McDermotts comments I dont see it happening

On 12/27/2020 at 10:50 PM, Trentwannabe said:

NFL announces week 17 schedule.

Dolphins at Bills remains a 1:00pm game

I think the bills need to keep their starters in for this game to maintain the 2 seed. It could also me a mock up of the 1st round playoff game. If week 17 goes down as follows Bills beat Dolphins, Steelers beat Browns, Ravens, Colts, and titans all win the bills play dolphins week 1 leaving the browns out of the playoffs. I think this will be ideal situation for us as their offense is ranked 24th overall and defense is ranked 18th overall, the only thing the Dolphins have going for them to this point is the turnovers they get on defense. Tua has been abysmal at times especially when he is blanketed underneath in which I can see McDermott doing. They stop the run majority of the time they will have to force Tua to throw more then a few yards. I think the hottest team outside of Buffalo right now are the Ravens and fortunately with the Browns losing and them winning it looks like we wouldn't have to face them in the 1st round as it could be anywhere from the titans (who would need to lose this week, browns win this week, and colts win this week), browns (who would lose this week as well as the colts losing), or the dolphins which I explained above, or if colts win this week, browns lose this week, and titans lose this week. 

• Like 1

Playing around with the playoff machine and below are some things I've observed for week 17 : 

• Looks like we avoided the Ravens with our first matchup regardless how next week plays out
    • If there is a flaw for the Bills right now it could be our run D. Don't want the Ravens week of 1 the postseason.
  • For the same reasons above, if the Titans lose there is a scenario we play them round 1. I'm rooting for the Titans so we avoid that.
    • Confident JA could put up points vs the Titans but wouldn't want to see Derrick Henry in the cold.
  • Most likely scenario IMO : 
    • Bills beat Dolphins to keep #2 seed
    • Colts beat the Jaguars 
    • Ravens beat the Bengals
    • Browns beat the Steelers (Vegas showing +7 line which means they know something. Steelers players need a bye week so i think they'll rest)
    • Titans beat the Texans (this affects our matchup.
    • We'd play the Colts if the above all happens. If the Steelers beat the Browns we'd play the Dolphins.
  • Like 1

Idk how likely this is but what about resting our key starters in the 1st half and then scoreboard watch. 

If the Browns are beating the Steelers like I assume, keep the starters out for the 2H. If the Steelers are somehow in it and going to win, put Allen and the starters out in the 2nd half.

I personally want no chance at anyone getting injured but that #2 seed would be sweet.

46 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Idk how likely this is but what about resting our key starters in the 1st half and then scoreboard watch. 

If the Browns are beating the Steelers like I assume, keep the starters out for the 2H. If the Steelers are somehow in it and going to win, put Allen and the starters out in the 2nd half.

I personally want no chance at anyone getting injured but that #2 seed would be sweet.

I think you do vis versa, you put the bills starters in the 1st half, if you are up and the browns are up at half then you rest the starters 2nd half. If both games are close then you keep starters in. McD said you play to get the best seed possible and I do not see him letting up. If somehow they pull off what they did last night then you take the starters out no matter what at the 4th qtr. I do see tua struggling like he has and if they stop the run I expect to see fitz in late to try to play catch up.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think you do vis versa, you put the bills starters in the 1st half, if you are up and the browns are up at half then you rest the starters 2nd half. If both games are close then you keep starters in. McD said you play to get the best seed possible and I do not see him letting up. If somehow they pull off what they did last night then you take the starters out no matter what at the 4th qtr. I do see tua struggling like he has and if they stop the run I expect to see fitz in late to try to play catch up.

Agreed. 

putting starters in for the 2nd half after not playing the first half is likely to cause injuries and more problems than anything else. I think we see the starters and see a commitment to running the ball and short passing game to keep Allen clean. 

The Browns are fighting for their lives against Pittsburgh. I think Rudolph is in trouble.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Beasley is week to week.

No way he’ll play in week 17 but hopefully he’s good to go for the WC round.

It will be interesting I expect more mckenzie, roberts, and possibly duke being brought up from psqaud. Giving John Brown some reps just to get comfortable. Diggs and Allen play the 1st half and hopefully sit out after that. Tough situation to be in as staying healthy and being the 2 seed is best case scenario.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

It will be interesting I expect more mckenzie, roberts, and possibly duke being brought up from psqaud. Giving John Brown some reps just to get comfortable. Diggs and Allen play the 1st half and hopefully sit out after that. Tough situation to be in as staying healthy and being the 2 seed is best case scenario.

I wonder how much we’ll play Roberts at WR. Would hate to see him get injured out there and mess with our special teams for the playoffs.