Our offense talent isnt as bad as we think

Vladimir L

Besides Alex smith in skilled position we are a raw team thats improving each week even Thomas.

Last year in one game we started 3 rookies at WR. We are developing guys we still have Kelvin Harmon, AGG and Love who havent seen playinf time this year.

Cam Sims looks like a Solid #2 thats cheap

Steve Sims hasnt shown up this year but we know he can play

Gibson is the real deal! best back in the east. I am not a Saquon believer guy  has been hurt 2 out of 3 years in the NFL.

Terry is the best WR in the east.

Thomas isnt a star but a solid TE that can get 60 catches 650-700 yards per year.

This is how you keep windows to win championships cheap talent. Its hard to afford a top 5 defense while having a top 5 offense. 

• Like 1

Yeah, been saying this since the offseason. Nice to see them finally come together and play as well as I thought they could. I am still disappointed in Steven Sims not being what I thought he could be this year. I still have hopes that he will be but this hasn’t been a good year for him.

Also, the OL has been pretty solid this year, particularly since Schweitzer & Lucas took over on the left side in October.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, been saying this since the offseason. Nice to see them finally come together and play as well as I thought they could. I am still disappointed in Steven Sims not being what I thought he could be this year. I still have hopes that he will be but this hasn’t been a good year for him.

Also, the OL has been pretty solid this year, particularly since Schweitzer & Lucas took over on the left side in October.

I would just draft depth on the oline and try to find a slot wr or te.....

we can do more 2 te set maybe with thomas as an h back and a true threat as a recieving te....floridas te seens like a good fit

or we can find a slot free agent wr or hope crowder gets cut

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

I would just draft depth on the oline and try to find a slot wr or te.....

we can do more 2 te set maybe with thomas as an h back and a true threat as a recieving te....floridas te seens like a good fit

or we can find a slot free agent wr or hope crowder gets cut

Don’t forget we do still have young depth on the OL. We have Christian returning, as well as Charles next year. We drafted Ismael to be possibly our future center and we have David Sharpe who wasn’t awful at RT when he had to play after Lucas was hurt. I guess we’ll probably draft a guard again to replace Martin but if we don’t take a an OT in round 1 or 2, I’m not sure we take one.

I agree we should draft and sign a TE & WR both. What I mean is, add two new TEs & 2 new WRs. Draft one TE and sign one. Draft a WR and sign one.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Don’t forget we do still have young depth on the OL. We have Christian returning, as well as Charles next year. We drafted Ismael to be possibly our future center and we have David Sharpe who wasn’t awful at RT when he had to play after Lucas was hurt. I guess we’ll probably draft a guard again to replace Martin but if we don’t take a man OT high, I’m not sure we take one.

I agree we should draft and sign a TE & WR both. What I mean is, add two new TEs & 2 new WRs. Draft one TE and sign one. Draft a WR and sign one.

Two tight end sets, Two WR and Gibson/McKessick would be a match up nightmare. We can run or throw out of this set. 

We need to try to copy the Saints playbook.

Look for Thomas or a TE...if they arent open check down to Kamara...

Replace this with Mclauren, Thomas and Gibson....in todays nfl TE are cheaper find than top WR and contribute as much if not more.

8 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Two tight end sets, Two WR and Gibson/McKessick would be a match up nightmare. We can run or throw out of this set. 

We need to try to copy the Saints playbook.

Look for Thomas or a TE...if they arent open check down to Kamara...

Replace this with Mclauren, Thomas and Gibson....in todays nfl TE are cheaper find than top WR and contribute as much if not more.

How about this nugget @lavar703

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I was wrong. Logan Thomas has played great and Hooper wasn’t with the investment. You win some, you lose some. 

For sure, I lose more than most. I’ve been really impressed by Thomas lately. Like most of our offense - outside of the first 2 months of our offense - he has looked good and actually I’d even say really really impressed lately. His game vs Pitt was awesome not only in receiving but also blocking as well.

Edited by turtle28

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

For sure, I lose more than most. I’ve been really impressed by Thomas lately. Like most of our offense - outside of the first 2 months of our offense - he has looked good and actually I’d even say really really impressed lately. His game vs Pitt was awesome not only in receiving but also blocking as well.

his first down contribution when he lines up as a qb dont show up also in stat book

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

How about this nugget @lavar703

No question Hooper’s production has been disappointing, but they’ve only targeted him 44 times. Tough to put up numbers when they’re only throwing the ball your way 3 or 4 times a game. He has a higher catch percentage and a higher yards/target than Thomas, so I think it’s a fair bet that if the CLE offense was making the TE a focal point like we have, Hooper’s numbers would be just fine. 

That said, it appears those who felt Hooper’s production was mostly a product of the ATL offense were right on this one. Even if he’s marginally better than Logan Thomas, it’s clearly not by a wide enough margin to justify the difference in contract money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

No question Hooper’s production has been disappointing, but they’ve only targeted him 44 times. Tough to put up numbers when they’re only throwing the ball your way 3 or 4 times a game. He has a higher catch percentage and a higher yards/target than Thomas, so I think it’s a fair bet that if the CLE offense was making the TE a focal point like we have, Hooper’s numbers would be just fine. 

That said, it appears those who felt Hooper’s production was mostly a product of the ATL offense were right on this one. Even if he’s marginally better than Logan Thomas, it’s clearly not by a wide enough margin to justify the difference in contract money. 

While Hooper is averaging more ypc its only .5 yards so that’s pretty similar. I think Logan would average more ypc if our offense was more of a vertical offense rather than a horizontal offense. We just rarely throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield by design unless it’s to Terry. 

15 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

I dont like our slot wr but have been happy with cam

Trey Quinn isn’t even good enough to be on the active roster of the Jags, the 2nd worst team in the NFL w/ a coach who likes him Jay Gruden as his offensive coordinator. He’s not the answer either.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/2131704/trey-quinn

November 30, 2020 01:36 PM
Trey Quinn: Lands on injured list
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

The Jaguars placed Quinn (hamstring) on the practice squad injured list Monday.

Quinn played five total snaps before suffering a hamstring injury in this past Sunday's loss to the Browns. He'll miss a few weeks of practice as a result, hurting the Jaguars' organizational depth at wide receiver.

November 29, 2020 01:44 PM
Jaguars' Trey Quinn: Exits with injury

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Quinn left Sunday's game against Cleveland with a hamstring injury, Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com reports.

Quinn was elevated to the active roster for Week 12 and sustained the injury while returning a punt. Keelan Cole could be an option on punt returns, but the Jags may want to preserve one of their top wideouts and utilize another option.

Maybe the NFL just isn’t for Trey Quinn just like it isn’t for RG3. RG3 played a half of football then hurt his hamstring in his first game action of the year, Quinn played 5 snaps then hurt his hamstring in his first game action of the year.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I was very impressed last week.  He was really good.  In previous games I have not been impressed and at times thought he caught the ball poorly.  Often trapping and sometimes not using his length.  He had a big game, but before I get on his bandwagon, lets see an encore.