Week 14 GDT - Red Headed Revenge? Or A Bengal Tankjob

D82

4 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

This is good news, but this win lost us Sewell.

Slam, I honestly don't believe Sewell, Lawrence or the 85 Chicago Bears defense could help this franchise.

We have had bona fide champioship winning HCs, multiple wining seasons, 13-3, 12-4, home field advantage throughout, etc.

The one constant in all of this is JJ.

Lord knows how or why, but HE is the reason we cannot win a title.

After a quarter century and no dice, it is the only logical conclusion.

So, I wouldn't worry about signing Dak, Zekes contract and lack of performance, where we draft, whatever.

It's all for nothing. Dallas has become the place where talented young college players go to die.

They rack up numbers but will fail in the end.

So we are left to cheer on fantasy football, in more ways than one. We can do the traditional fantasy stats BS, and we can fantasize about ever winning another title.

Merry Christmas everyone.

2 hours ago, D82 said:
6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

This is good news, but this win lost us Sewell.

🤷‍♂️

I am not super excited about Sewell either. What does get me excited is being in the spot that he falls too so that someone else has to give us a ransom to get him. We need enough draft capital to fix our defense and get some of these bad contracts off the books. Our OL is good enough and for the most part everyone is locked up.

I wouldnt be mad about Sewell, but it would be my ideal scenario. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I am not super excited about Sewell either. What does get me excited is being in the spot that he falls too so that someone else has to give us a ransom to get him. We need enough draft capital to fix our defense and get some of these bad contracts off the books. Our OL is good enough and for the most part everyone is locked up.

I wouldnt be mad about Sewell, but it would be my ideal scenario. 

I mean, he's going to be a great player - and you can never have enough of those, just...taking him wouldn't be my first choice as it isn't a pressing need.

Now I'm usually for BPA, but it's pretty clear that the biggest weakness on this team is the defense so, for me, I'd be going BDPA. Hopefully we can end up still within the top ten by seasons end and get a heckuva deal to trade down with someone desperate for a QB. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Hopefully we are still in prime spot for a Zach Wilson trade down, which I do think would be a better scenario than landing the 3rd pick, but standing pat to take Sewell.

It would be awesome if you could get a mid round team to give up a 1st, 2nd and a pick next year (probably another 1st). Some team like CHI/NE/DEN/SF/MIN/NYG/WFT that may want a fresh start at QB.

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

It would be awesome if you could get a mid round team to give up a 1st, 2nd and a pick next year (probably another 1st). Some team like CHI/NE/DEN/SF/MIN/NYG/WFT that may want a fresh start at QB.

Would be amazing to get a haul like that. Would give us 5 top-100 picks, plus a 1st next year. We could really fix a lot of our problems that way.