Week 14 GDT - Red Headed Revenge? Or A Bengal Tankjob

D82

We are all rooting for the tank, now I guess. I mean, two games back in the NFC Least with four games left... not looking good.

What’s sad is the Cowboys aren’t trying to tank, but they are doing it anyway 

Edited by DaBoys

49 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

There hasn’t been much of a penalty for 3 years, now. We could have released him before the year and saved 8M. But I believe his contract is finally up at the end of the year

Yeah, he’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of this year. Hard to imagine a scenario where he returns. And to your point, probably would have been nice to cut bait earlier and get his $8M.

Michael Gehlken@GehlkenNFL

Cowboys placed LT Cam Erving (knee) on injured reserve. His season is over, ineligible to be activated a second time in 2020. In September, Dallas carried 10 O-linemen on its initial 53-man roster. Seven of those 10 have been placed on IR a combined eight times.

What a mess. Say what you will about this coaching staff, but the fact they’ve managed anything offensively is pretty amazing. I question what Philbin sees in Steele, but think he deserves some credit for making this work.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Michael Gehlken@GehlkenNFL

Cowboys placed LT Cam Erving (knee) on injured reserve. His season is over, ineligible to be activated a second time in 2020. In September, Dallas carried 10 O-linemen on its initial 53-man roster. Seven of those 10 have been placed on IR a combined eight times.

What a mess. Say what you will about this coaching staff, but the fact they’ve managed anything offensively work is pretty amazing. I question what Philbin sees in Steele, but think he deserves some credit for making this work.

That’s just crazy.  It’s so hard to know whether McCarthy deserves another year or not.  

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

That’s just crazy.  It’s so hard to know whether McCarthy deserves another year or not.  

He has to fire Nolan. He gets another year. If we sputter out again in 2021, he needs to be let go.

Michael Gehlken@GehlkenNFL·1h

A video is circulating on social media showing Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb standing at crowded party. User alleges video recent, which would violate COVID-19 rules. Video is actually from Lamb’s time in college, source close to him said. Hence chants of Oklahoma. Maliciously reposted.

Not cool, but a necessary evil. Obviously in on the tank.