Week 14 GDT - Red Headed Revenge? Or A Bengal Tankjob

D82

12 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

is Bradlee Anae another draft miss? Can’t believe all the offseason hype surrounding him to not see him on the field getting reps

I never really got the hype for a DE with that athletic profile. Incredibly unlikely he evolves past "competent backup"

His 'hype' was just the product of a bunch of Twitter draftniks patting themselves on the back.

35 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

is Bradlee Anae another draft miss? Can’t believe all the offseason hype surrounding him to not see him on the field getting reps

We have been pretty deep at DE all year. Before Randy Gregory there was Everson Griffen. They still love rotating Tyrone Crawford around, and we aren’t always running a 4-3 defense. Anae has no place on a 3-4 line, and isn’t athletic enough to play outside backer. Then of course DLaw and Aldon Smith are starters. Our defense has been bad but our DEs when we run 4-3 are pretty solid, and that’s where Anae would crack the roster

Edited by DaBoys

26 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I never really got the hype for a DE with that athletic profile. Incredibly unlikely he evolves past "competent backup"

His 'hype' was just the product of a bunch of Twitter draftniks patting themselves on the back.

He generated some hype through sheer production as well. He had three straight years of double digit sacks in college. 38 sacks in three seasons, including an impressive outing against eventual 18th overall pick Austin Jackson. I totally agree with you about his athleticism, as did the NFL scouts. He fell to the 5th, ....but for a 5th? Nobody on the board had his pedigree.

It says something about his performance in camp that he actually made the roster at DE... young guys with great athletic profiles (Jalen Jelks) were not so lucky.

21 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He generated some hype through sheer production as well. He had three straight years of double digit sacks in college. 38 sacks in three seasons, including an impressive outing against eventual 18th overall pick Austin Jackson. I totally agree with you about his athleticism, as did the NFL scouts. He fell to the 5th, ....but for a 5th? Nobody on the board had his pedigree.

It says something about his performance in camp that he actually made the roster at DE... young guys with great athletic profiles (Jalen Jelks) were not so lucky.

Yeah, I mean, I think he was drafted in the appropriate range. He has a chance to become a contributor. I've just seen too many Cowboys' Twitter folks levy "not playing Bradley Anae" as a meaningful criticism of the coaching staff, repeatedly. Like, come on. He's probably nothing special and as you said, edge rusher is far from our biggest problem on defense.

On that note, though... maybe we should invent an injury for D-Law and start Anae. Come on man, embrace the tank!

• Like 1