If Washington is picking in the 3-10 range, who's your selection?

turtle28

Since we can't take the top 2 QBs, who do you want in the draft?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Since we can't take the top 2 QBs, who do you want in the draft?

• Penei Sewell
    • Caleb Farley
    • Micah Parsons
    • Ja'Marr Chase
    • Zach Wilson
    • Patrick Surtain II
    • DeVonta Smith
    • Kyle Pitts
    • Trey Lance
    • Kyle Trask

As things sit right now we are selecting 11th in the draft. We are far out of the range of selecting Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields and I can't see the NYJ or Jaguars trading back and passing on either of those qbs.

So, I wanted to do a poll to see who people wanted to select since this is the case and to see if they wanted to take Zach Wilson or Kyle Trask in the top 10 and pass on the top player or two in other positions that we could use as well. I think when you evaluate our roster that we could use an upgrade in the first round at every position but DL or RB. 

I chose Micah Parsons if he's available when we select. Not only do I believe he's just as good of a prospect as say, Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields or Penei Sewell, but also I believe that LB is the greatest need on this team.

Until Cornelius Lucas took over for Christian at LT and then Moses for Lucas when Lucas hurt his ankle and missed a game, I had LT as the biggest need on our team but with Moses getting in better shape and rebounding to have the best season of is career, Lucas being solid at LT and us still having Christian and Sharpe for depth at OT, I just don't have that position above LB as far as need goes and again I have Sewell & Parson's graded as equal.

Also, outside of Holcomb we don't have much at LB unless we move Collins to WLB next year too - which to me is a no brainer - and I'm still not sold that Holcomb is a great answer as a starter either but he at least seems like he'll be a good starter and maybe develop into an even better starter over the next few years.

Bostic is an average to below average starting MLB, KPL is an average starter as well but we need a real answer at LB its hard to argue that LB isn’t the weakest part of our team IMO and Parsons has the potential to be an All-Pro caliber LB for 10 plus years.

I also strongly considered taking Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith it Kyle Pitts but with the emergence of Cam Sims & Logan Thomas over the last month and the belief that WR/TE is a position where its easier to find good upgrades at in FA than LB, I chose to go with Micah Parsons. 

Edited by turtle28

Don't think we pick Top 10

I went Sewell cause long term we need a Corner stone for whoever ends up our Long term QB after Alex.

I'd be okay with Parsons or Chase too there.

Think we'll end up in the 10-15 range which I like Pitts,Smith,some other OTs and DBs.Though with the extra 3rd could see a little aggression to move up for someone like Parsons or Chase

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Don't think we pick Top 10

I went Sewell cause long term we need a Corner stone for whoever ends up our Long term QB after Alex.

I'd be okay with Parsons or Chase too there.

Think we'll end up in the 10-15 range which I like Pitts,Smith,some other OTs and DBs.Though with the extra 3rd could see a little aggression to move up for someone like Parsons or Chase

We’d have to go 2-2 to finish 7-9 and be in the teens I think. That’s entirely possible if not probable that we end up 7-9 or 8-8 but I still can’t put us there just yet despite we’ve won 3 in a row and are w/in 8 points of having won 5 in a row and being 7-5 right now and leading the division by two games over the Giants.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Obviously Sewell but he won’t be available to us. I’m going to say Trey Lance because I think he’ll be the only one available out of this group where we actually pick. 

You think?

I think even if we’re picking in the low teens if we go 7-9 or 8-8 and finish 2nd in the division bc we lost to the Giants twice or bc they just have a better record, I think that Wilson, Lance, Trask, D. Smith, Pitts or Surtain could be available for us in the teens and definitely 1 or 2 of them.

Also of course guys I didn’t put in there bc I don’t think they will go top 10 but I think they’ll go in the teens like Alex Leatherwood (LT), Jaycee Horn (CB), Jaylen Waddle (WR), Rondale Moore(WR), Dylan Moses MLB), Paris Ford (FS) and Wyatt Davis (OG) too.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You think?

I think even if we’re picking in the low teens if we go 7-9 or 8-8 and finish 2nd in the division bc we lost to the Giants twice or bc they just have a better record, I think that Wilson, Lance, Trask, D. Smith, Pitts or Surtain could be available for us in the teens and definitely 1 or 2 of them.

QBs will be interesting to see where they Fall know QB going 1 and 2 but a lot of teams need QB or on the verge of Needing one.For example Falcons don't need one but say the sign the Chiefs OC(Can't spell his name) would they snag Wilson or Lance to learn for Ryan year one and set the team up better long term.

We're currently pick 11th (Highest pick for 5-7) play the 49ers this week who pick 14th(Lowest 5-7 Team) so I'd guess 2 wins would keep us in the 11th to 16th range.

50 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

We're gonna be picking 32. 😁

Who do you like in that spot?

It’d be nice if Jaylen Waddle, Wyatt Davis or Dylan Moses were available if we do the unthinkable and win it all or get to the playoffs and win a playoff game or two. Paris Ford (FS, Pitt), Rondale Moore (WR Purdue), Rashod Bateman (WR, Minnesota), Travis Eiteene (RB, Clemson), Shaun Wade (CB, OSU), Hamsah Nasirildeen (S, FSU), Asante Samuel, JR (CB, FSU) or Nick Bolton (MLB, Missouri) are guys I’d love to get. My top choice in the second half of round 1 would be Dylan Moses, Rondale Moore or Paris Ford but any of those guys would be great picks.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

QBs will be interesting to see where they Fall know QB going 1 and 2 but a lot of teams need QB or on the verge of Needing one.For example Falcons don't need one but say the sign the Chiefs OC(Can't spell his name) would they snag Wilson or Lance to learn for Ryan year one and set the team up better long term.

We're currently pick 11th (Highest pick for 5-7) play the 49ers this week who pick 14th(Lowest 5-7 Team) so I'd guess 2 wins would keep us in the 11th to 16th range.

Ahh ok, thanks. I hadn’t realized that.

In all honesty, I think we should continue building the lines. Mainly Offense, but it's been working & we need to continue that trend.

I think Leatherwood might be a nice target with where we will be drafting.

Now, I do want to invest in a top flight WR, but I think we could target one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Even Free Agency if possible.

But I love watching our hog maulers blow up the other teams lines.

I want it to continue.

• Like 1