Jump to content

Brief player(s) update


Recommended Posts

Brees is back in this Sunday vs. the Chiefs, confirmed by Sean Payton this am.

So let the fun begin. I hope Brees can dink & dunk his way to a win.

Here's the fun part, now nobody knows what Taysom Hill is going to do when he's in on a play. There's no more assuming it's going to be a read option, it may well be a deep pass, or even a 15 yard bullet (just not a screen pass).

This could be interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 3:58 PM, Mid Iowa said:

Nick Easton is scrambled eggs for the 2nd time this season. We've resigned Patrick Omameh at right guard due to Cezar Ruiz playing like crap, and for depth.

Hopefully Peat got his head pulled from arseville.

Love how Payton calls out the guard play but neglects to mentioned that it was he who signed Peat to a ridiculous offseason deal, he who signed Eason to be a high priced swing lineman and he who drafted a center in the 1st round with the "vision" to move him to guard.

 

Its almost like he dosent realize that he himself has a major hand in the current guard play.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I understand contract wise that Hill will be the starting QB in 2021 but is anyone on here still buying the idea that hes a viable franchise QB moving fwd???

First off, good to see you again, Worm.

I think Hill's shown more upside that what we've experienced with most backup QB's during Brees's tenure, but he has quite a bit to work on, too.

I think of other players that were drafted high, or simply much higher than Hill, and they have starting roles. He's also in need of consistent 1st team reps, which he never got until 4 weeks ago.

So, to sound perfectly wishy-washy, I'm not totally sold on him, but I'm not against the idea of giving it a good shot until a new Franchise QB can be had. And at our current success rate, landing a high draft pick will be tough. Chances of snagging a Russell Wilson are mega slim, and hopefully we're not in the top 10 draft picks for quite some time. So, Hill it is, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

First off, good to see you again, Worm.

I think Hill's shown more upside that what we've experienced with most backup QB's during Brees's tenure, but he has quite a bit to work on, too.

I think of other players that were drafted high, or simply much higher than Hill, and they have starting roles. He's also in need of consistent 1st team reps, which he never got until 4 weeks ago.

So, to sound perfectly wishy-washy, I'm not totally sold on him, but I'm not against the idea of giving it a good shot until a new Franchise QB can be had. And at our current success rate, landing a high draft pick will be tough. Chances of snagging a Russell Wilson are mega slim, and hopefully we're not in the top 10 draft picks for quite some time. So, Hill it is, I guess.

Good to be back...

I hear what your saying and I agree to a point however I do recognize that Hill has had 3 years behind a Hall of Fame QB and under one of the. NFL's premier offensive minds. Now hes had a quarter of a NFL season to prove his worth with one of the most talented supporting cast in the NFL. Hill has actually had more of.  A chance to succeed than many other young quarterbacks but despite a 3-1 record its clear to see hes light years away. As a passser and hes already hesitant to run now trying to prove hes a passer negating what truly makes him. Special (his legs). His game also. Negates Kamara's explosivness in the passing game which is. Not good after breaking the bank on. The young back this past offseason. All this and we need to remember this. Isnt. No young 20 year old. This guy is over 30. 

 

I get. It... He was Paytons pet project and the organization fell in love for the person Hill is and they are tantliized by his physical talent but being. A true franchise.  QB is mostly.  From. The neck up and Hill just hasnt shown me enough to not be very active in the upcoming QB draft class.

 

Lil nugget... In 2003 Aaron Brooks set a Saints single. Season record for.  Fumbles with 14 in 16 games. Hill has had 10 in 4. Name 1 other player that careless withh the football whos in the NFL much less viewed as a potential franchise QB?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Brees is back in this Sunday vs. the Chiefs, confirmed by Sean Payton this am.

So let the fun begin. I hope Brees can dink & dunk his way to a win.

I'm gonna go on record for this: bringing back Brees here is a mistake. MT is out and we're still banged up elsewhere. Even with MT and Brees at or near 100% we're just not very likely to win this game. KC is playing out of their minds and we need our offense from a decade ago to even think about keeping up. The last thing we need is Drew taking another big shot and being out for the season. I'd sit Drew and let Hill / Winston try their luck. Rest Brees.

We probably can't win on Sunday but we are going to the postseason. I'd much rather have Brees under center for the single-elimination games than either of the other two. It seems rather pointless to risk him here when winning this game doesn't help us all that much. GB probably won't lose again with their cupcake schedule so catching them is something we probably shouldn't worry about. I think we only need one more W to lock the south. We have several winnable games again after this week and next. Any one will do. Then we can bring Brees back when things start to count again.

I hope this is just a Payton head-fake and that come game time, Brees is ruled out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

I understand contract wise that Hill will be the starting QB in 2021 but is anyone on here still buying the idea that hes a viable franchise QB moving fwd???

Hill has one pretty good throw, great athletic ability and...that’s it

 Doesnt have any touch whatsoever, being turnover prone, slow processing, bad deep ball.  Some of these things can be improved but...for a 30 year old QB by how much?  His athletic ability will soon start declining and he’s been throwing this way for 30+ years.

This is likely the best all around Saints team ever assembled, it’s a shame Brees is old and there isn’t really anyone likely to take his spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

I'm gonna go on record for this: bringing back Brees here is a mistake. MT is out and we're still banged up elsewhere. Even with MT and Brees at or near 100% we're just not very likely to win this game. KC is playing out of their minds and we need our offense from a decade ago to even think about keeping up. The last thing we need is Drew taking another big shot and being out for the season. I'd sit Drew and let Hill / Winston try their luck. Rest Brees.

We probably can't win on Sunday but we are going to the postseason. I'd much rather have Brees under center for the single-elimination games than either of the other two. It seems rather pointless to risk him here when winning this game doesn't help us all that much. GB probably won't lose again with their cupcake schedule so catching them is something we probably shouldn't worry about. I think we only need one more W to lock the south. We have several winnable games again after this week and next. Any one will do. Then we can bring Brees back when things start to count again.

I hope this is just a Payton head-fake and that come game time, Brees is ruled out.

Agreed just sit Brees.  We’re not getting the 1 seed, no need to throw old man Brees out there half *** injured.  If he’s not 100% just do with Taysom or Jameis and hope the dline wins the game for us like they have been doing until last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Hill has one pretty good throw, great athletic ability and...that’s it

This is likely the best all around Saints team ever assembled, 

2 great points. Hill's deep ball has been a kin to the Hail Mary. How awesome is it that OUR RECEIVERS are the ones coming up with it!! On what, 3 examples of just letting it fly, and Emanuel Sanders has adjusted as well as anyone could ever expect, and has come down with it. Sanders need WAY more credit than he's gotten all year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

2 great points. Hill's deep ball has been a kin to the Hail Mary. How awesome is it that OUR RECEIVERS are the ones coming up with it!! On what, 3 examples of just letting it fly, and Emanuel Sanders has adjusted as well as anyone could ever expect, and has come down with it. Sanders need WAY more credit than he's gotten all year.

Sanders may have prevented 3 more Taysom INTs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

I hope this is just a Payton head-fake and that come game time, Brees is ruled out.

We all know Payton too well. Once it's in his head, it's happening. Good, bad, or indifferent, it's happening.

And good to see you again, too, Sir.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I get. It... He was Paytons pet project and the organization fell in love for the person Hill is and they are tantliized by his physical talent but being. A true franchise.  QB is mostly.  From. The neck up and Hill just hasnt shown me enough to not be very active in the upcoming QB draft class.

Agreed. I think he's been a bit (don't kill me here, just a bit) of a victim of really poor O-line play. Which is basically what got Brees killed in the first place.

Yes, he still needs a lot of work. AND I think this last 4 weeks has made him a more important, versatile tool. It's been YEARS since we've had a 55yard launch capability. There's a potential game changer (in very specific situations).

Let's just pray that Payton's brain outperforms his ego.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...