Brief player(s) update

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Good to be back...

I hear what your saying and I agree to a point however I do recognize that Hill has had 3 years behind a Hall of Fame QB and under one of the. NFL's premier offensive minds. Now hes had a quarter of a NFL season to prove his worth with one of the most talented supporting cast in the NFL. Hill has actually had more of.  A chance to succeed than many other young quarterbacks but despite a 3-1 record its clear to see hes light years away. As a passser and hes already hesitant to run now trying to prove hes a passer negating what truly makes him. Special (his legs). His game also. Negates Kamara's explosivness in the passing game which is. Not good after breaking the bank on. The young back this past offseason. All this and we need to remember this. Isnt. No young 20 year old. This guy is over 30. 

I get. It... He was Paytons pet project and the organization fell in love for the person Hill is and they are tantliized by his physical talent but being. A true franchise.  QB is mostly.  From. The neck up and Hill just hasnt shown me enough to not be very active in the upcoming QB draft class.

Lil nugget... In 2003 Aaron Brooks set a Saints single. Season record for.  Fumbles with 14 in 16 games. Hill has had 10 in 4. Name 1 other player that careless withh the football whos in the NFL much less viewed as a potential franchise QB?

Are you sure he fumbled 10 times in 4 games and not 10 times all season?

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

We all know Payton too well. Once it's in his head, it's happening. Good, bad, or indifferent, it's happening.

I'm usually lurking around somewhere. With the plague, though, I somehow have even less time to post than before it. I'm doing this "work-from-home" thing wrong I think. 🤔

I bet this decision is as much on Drew as Payton. Drew's probably been in Payton's ear since last week: "How bout now?" "Now?" "Can I play now?" "How bout now?" He's never been old before. He's not used to being hurt. This is new for him.

But really, if we'd just played defense last week at all and Taysom had even a little bit of pocket recognition, I bet Brees would be sitting and Hill starting. It was a team effort to get us here. 🙄

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raves said:

Are you sure he fumbled 10 times in 4 games and not 10 times all season?

At least two of his fumbles were earlier in the year.  One was deadly against Green Bay I think. Off the top of my head I can only think of 8 total fumbles and 2 ints for him though.

12 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

At least two of his fumbles were earlier in the year.  One was deadly against Green Bay I think. Off the top of my head I can only think of 8 total fumbles and 2 ints for him though.

10 fumbles total (2 prior to "starting") having lost 5 (4 as a starter) and 2 INT's since starting. So 7 (6) turnovers.

And yes, one of the lost fumbles was to Green Bay.

Brees has had 3 INT's and 5 Fumbles (2 lost) for a total of 5 turnovers.

Frankly, not great numbers by either, but Hill is simply careless with the ball as a runner. Most of (if not all of) Brees's fumbles are due to O-line play.

Edited by Mid Iowa

I'm sure you've all heard, but Michael Thomas is out for Sunday's game, as he's reaggravated his ankle injury he sustained at the beginning of the season.

We're thin at WR, and 3 of our practice squad receivers have been elevated their maximum amount of times from the PS, so for any of them to play Sunday means they'd have to be "signed" to the active roster. What a pickle.

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm sure you've all heard, but Michael Thomas is out for Sunday's game, as he's reaggravated his ankle injury he sustained at the beginning of the season.

We're thin at WR, and 3 of our practice squad receivers have been elevated their maximum amount of times from the PS, so for any of them to play Sunday means they'd have to be "signed" to the active roster. What a pickle.

Might as well sit Brees.  Gonna be a long day tomorrow anyway, no need to rush him back.

44 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

10 fumbles total (2 prior to "starting") having lost 5 (4 as a starter) and 2 INT's since starting. So 7 (6) turnovers.

And yes, one of the lost fumbles was to Green Bay.

Brees has had 3 INT's and 5 Fumbles (2 lost) for a total of 5 turnovers.

Frankly, not great numbers by either, but Hill is simply careless with the ball as a runner. Most of (if not all of) Brees's fumbles are due to O-line play.

Right... However despite only losing 5 of the ten hes still showing a tendency to put the ball on the ground and give the opposing team oppertunity which u undermines the trust Payton will have in him moving fwd. Also he only has 2 INTs but simply watching him over 4 games he could have easily had (likley should have had) at least 4-5 more. As someone on here pointed out, E. Sanders prevennted at least 2 Hill INTs himself.

Hills ball security is utter garbage, he has zero feel in the pocket and absolute ZERO touch on short to intermediate throws. Even his deep ball is erratic. Yes he will occasionally make a nice throw and he does have some zip on out routes but ive always placed a higher value at the quarterback position on things like accuracy, touch, anticipation, pocket manipulation, leadership and feel. Taysom only has the leadership aspect of that and thats not enough in my opinion. 

• Like 1