good vibes only thread.

Kiwibrown

46 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

One of my Biggest Positives that I see is our DT position...Danny Shelton, with the surprise of Tevon Coley (sp), Ogunjobi and Brantly have also both looked good. I think with these 4 DT's if they keep developing at the rate they have.....and if Ogbah and Garret keep developing like they seem to be......I think 2 years from now we have the #1 DL in the NFL.

062ea0b60168eb35de373f55e1da1052--shot-b

54 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

One of my Biggest Positives that I see is our DT position...Danny Shelton, with the surprise of Tevon Coley (sp), Ogunjobi and Brantly have also both looked good. I think with these 4 DT's if they keep developing at the rate they have.....and if Ogbah and Garret keep developing like they seem to be......I think 2 years from now we have the #1 DL in the NFL.

Carl Nassib and Nate Orchard haven't exactly been scrubs either. I believe our defensive line is set up to be nasty and deep for 2-4 years. I also have faith it can remain at the top because Greg Williams will continuously identify late round/undrafted gems he can mold into good plays.

5 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Carl Nassib and Nate Orchard haven't exactly been scrubs either. I believe our defensive line is set up to be nasty and deep for 2-4 years. I also have faith it can remain at the top because Greg Williams will continuously identify late round/undrafted gems he can mold into good plays.

Lets not leave out Dline coach Clyde Simmons...I grew up watching him, Reggie White and Jerome Brown DESTROY Olines.....

I REALLY think he has a had a HUGE impact on the Dline....

(not to Mention....Clyde Simmons....Also a South Carolina native :D)

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Lets not leave out Dline coach Clyde Simmons...I grew up watching him, Reggie White and Jerome Brown DESTROY Olines.....

I REALLY think he has a had a HUGE impact on the Dline....

(not to Mention....Clyde Simmons....Also a South Carolina native :D)

...or one of the best pure pass rushers of all time, one Mr. Bruce Smith, who has worked extensively with young Myles.

1 hour ago, CleBrowns07 said:

We'll probably pick #1 again

I like Hogan because he is quirky and even though I realize Kizer probably has the better chance to be our QBOTF I feel more confident that we'll get wins with Hogan in there. That could go away quickly depending on what Hogan does if he gets a chance but that is how I feel at the moment.

18 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I like Hogan because he is quirky and even though I realize Kizer probably has the better chance to be our QBOTF I feel more confident that we'll get wins with Hogan in there. That could go away quickly depending on what Hogan does if he gets a chance but that is how I feel at the moment.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Great point my guy, my favorite position on the field. These guys are balling, even with us being 0-5, we are top 5 in run D, which is a big turnaround and top 5 in total D. Last year we were giving up 142 yards, we are giving up half of that at 76. Who would have thought we would be that high, and we have so many things to improve on. My only issue with the DTs are the interior pressure, and it doesn't necessarily have to be penetration, I saw Akiem Hicks put Elflien on skates and flushed Bradford out of the pocket. I personally need to see more Caleb Brantley snaps as well, at least 15 snaps isn't asking for much.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Great point my guy, my favorite position on the field. These guys are balling, even with us being 0-5, we are top 5 in run D, which is a big turnaround and top 5 in total D. Last year we were giving up 142 yards, we are giving up half of that at 76. Who would have thought we would be that high, and we have so many things to improve on. My only issue with the DTs are the interior pressure, and it doesn't necessarily have to be penetration, I saw Akiem Hicks put Elflien on skates and flushed Bradford out of the pocket. I personally need to see more Caleb Brantley snaps as well, at least 15 snaps isn't asking for much.

Interesting Stat......The key stat I look at is YPC Vs. Defense......there are currently ONLY 2 teams in the NFL who's front 7 is holding opposing offenses to to under 3.0 YPC...

1. Denver Broncos 2.4 ypc (one of the best D's in the NFL for the past 5 seasons)

2. Cleveland Browns 2.9 ypc (that's elite IMO)

This may be one of the reasons I am not panicking as much as some folks.....the CORE things that make teams good, are coming along....There are 2 games this year I feel we beat ourselves (Indy and NYJ)......I have NEVER in my NFL life seen a team finish with a top 3 rushing D in the NFL and not win 3-4 games minimum.

(not to mention we have been missing our last 2 TOP draft picks AND our MAIN star Vet on D for multiple games (Shelton, Garret and Jamie Collins) imagine if our D was at full strength...which we have NOT seen ALL season)

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Ummmm no...?

ummm banana 

He said he has failed another drug test in his doco. apply, suspend, play meaningless games if he wants to. As a Browns player or fan, we are stuck in a loop of despair and hope. 

Archived