Kyle Smith

lavar703

9 hours ago, Woz said:

That is a well thought out analysis, ripsean.

They're going to hire Hurney anyway.

All of the talk about a new culture and Danny is still lurking in the background and we're hiring buddies of the people in charge.ย ย 

Washington football franchise.........never change.ย  Just do you.ย  Time is a flat circle. All this has happened before, and will happen again.ย 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

All of the talk about a new culture and Danny is still lurking in the background and we're hiring buddies of the people in charge.ย ย 

Washington football franchise.........never change.ย  Just do you.ย  Time is a flat circle. All this has happened before, and will happen again.ย 

While I agree and donโ€™t like it when this happens, whatย new HC or GM doesnโ€™t do the same thing across the league?

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

While I agree and donโ€™t like it when this happens, whatย new HC or GM doesnโ€™t do the same thing across the league?

I will need to take a look, but no one did it to the level that we did signing folks from Tampa Bay and Carolina.ย  We just about brought in the entire coaching staff from the Panthers last year, and are rumored to add the former GM as well.ย  It's probably the first time in NFL history that so many people were hired from the head coach's former team.ย ย 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I will need to take a look, but no one did it to the level that we did signing folks from Tampa Bay and Carolina.ย  We just about brought in the entire coaching staff from the Panthers last year, and are rumored to add the former GM as well.ย  It's probably the first time in NFL history that so many people were hired from the head coach's former team.ย ย 

I donโ€™t know about that, coaches always hire former assistants if they can to be their coordinators or people they know from being in the league a while and then those coordinators hire the position coaches they used to have.

For example, Marty Schottenheimer did that in 2001. Mike Shanahan did that in 2010 with hiring his son, his son hired his buddies to work under him and Mike filled out most of the offensive and defensive coaching staffs with former assistants that worked for him.

Joe Gibbs did the same thing in 2004 except for Gregg Williams.

Mike McCarthy got the band back together in Dallas. He even made the stupid decision of not keeping Rod Marinelli and hiring Mike Nolan to be his defensive coordinator.

Edited by turtle28

On 1/1/2021 at 5:07 PM, ripsean21 said:

Just hoping if I put something good out to the universe maybe it actually pays off ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

You've been a fan of this franchise for how long and you still think the universe gives us even odds? May you ever be this optimistic! :D:D:D

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 11:38 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

j-r-ward-quote-time-keeps-on-slippin-sli

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Woz said:

You've been a fan of this franchise for how long and you still think the universe gives us even odds? May you ever be this optimistic! :D:D:D

31 long hard years man!!! But Iโ€™ve learned if you donโ€™t have hope and believe in something better then it dang sure wonโ€™t. Not that hope brings change but without it there really is nothing. I am always prepared for the worse but there are reasons to think something great is coming. Even though the past has generally taken us a different direction with those glimmers or flashes all it really takes is one bounce. One pick one coach one decision can always change everything for better or for worse it really is what you do with those decisions and the work thatโ€™s put in. Ron can make the right decision and we all be wrong or vice versa. But ultimately with Ron atleast weโ€™re going to put the work in to get the best out of what we do have.

48 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

31 long hard years man!!! But Iโ€™ve learned if you donโ€™t have hope and believe in something better then it dang sure wonโ€™t. Not that hope brings change but without it there really is nothing. I am always prepared for the worse but there are reasons to think something great is coming. Even though the past has generally taken us a different direction with those glimmers or flashes all it really takes is one bounce. One pick one coach one decision can always change everything for better or for worse it really is what you do with those decisions and the work thatโ€™s put in. Ron can make the right decision and we all be wrong or vice versa. But ultimately with Ron atleast weโ€™re going to put the work in to get the best out of what we do have.

As Burgess Meredith once said in one of my favorite movies......you can wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one gets filled first.ย ย 

It is pretty clear which side of the fence this team under Snyder is on.ย  I'm just going with it at this point.ย ย 

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As Burgess Meredith once said in one of my favorite movies......you can wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one gets filled first.ย ย 

It is pretty clear which side of the fence this team under Snyder is on.ย  I'm just going with it at this point.ย ย 

My mom used to tell me that all the time lol.ย 

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor
ย 

Iโ€™ve never heard that! Hilariousย 

• Like 1